Love luxury Knightsbridge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf isn’t everyone rich over there? Anyone with that kind of cash won’t be buying Hermes/watches secondhand when they’ll just buy the real deal brand new? They’ll end up spending more than they sell 😂
Yeah exactly, these rich folks over there don’t need second hand.. they actually can get offers from
Hermes.. without going to second hand shops.

Reactions: 4
Yeah exactly, these rich folks over there don’t need second hand.. they actually can get offers from
Hermes.. without going to second hand shops.
I think it’s a misconception that everyone that lives there is loaded. I have a couple of friends who live out there, and yes they are afforded a lifestyle that means they have a driver and live in nanny, as labour is so cheap. But they certainly don’t earn enough to buy designer handbags every month. You’re thinking of the Emiratis who are unbelievably loaded. But the average ex pats are comfortable nowadays not excessively loaded.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think it’s a misconception that everyone that lives there is loaded. I have a couple of friends who live out there, and yes they are afforded a lifestyle that means they have a driver and live in nanny, as labour is so cheap. But they certainly don’t earn enough to buy designer handbags every month. You’re thinking of the Emiratis who are unbelievably loaded. But the average ex pats are comfortable nowadays not excessively loaded.
But people who are interested in buying the brands they sell won’t be buying it second hand I think is the point

Reactions: 1
We're not referring to ex pats either looool, I'm talking about the well established in Dubai, not Susan who decided she was sick of the foreigners and has gone to the UAE to work as an admin assistant/porta potty for a rich arab man lol

• Haha
We're not referring to ex pats either looool, I'm talking about the well established in Dubai, not Susan who decided she was sick of the foreigners and has gone to the UAE to work as an admin assistant/porta potty for a rich arab man lol
So yeah they have a market then? To flog their second hand designer goods. That’s my point. Previous posters were saying they wouldn’t have any customers. Don't get your point?
P.s my mate is head of marketing in a bank, she definitely isn’t a Susan 🤣
---
But people who are interested in buying the brands they sell won’t be buying it second hand I think is the point
Why?

Reactions: 3
So yeah they have a market then? To flog their second hand designer goods. That’s my point. Previous posters were saying they wouldn’t have any customers. Don't get your point?
P.s my mate is head of marketing in a bank, she definitely isn’t a Susan 🤣
---

Why?
I think you're missing my point.

The well established in Dubai are not going to be interested in second hand crap from a company that doesn't even sell legitimate designer items lol.

Again, don't care about your so called mate who earns a tit ton, she isn't what im referring to, as I said, I wasn't referring to ex pats and how it would be appealing to them?

Reactions: 6
I think you're missing my point.

The well established in Dubai are not going to be interested in second hand crap from a company that doesn't even sell legitimate designer items lol.

Again, don't care about your so called mate who earns a tit ton, she isn't what im referring to, as I said, I wasn't referring to ex pats and how it would be appealing to them?
Loads of people buy second hand designer. That’s my point. It’s common nowadays. Ex pats would totally buy second hand designer it’s a huge market nowadays. Let’s agree to disagree.
---
Plus my so called mate as you put it 🤣 lives in Dubai and does buy second hand designer wear🤣. So there’s one customer at least.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else find it wholly peculiar that on their website they have a whole page dedicated to Do & Don't buy, with the only brands they accept being:

Brands we DO accept

1. Hermès (not all models)
  2. Chanel (not all models)
  3. Louis Vuitton (some models)
  4. Gucci (some models only)
  5. YSL ( a few models only)
  6. Bottega (some models only)

Mod edit, stop bickering people. It ruins the thread for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
&&&&&& mute.

Does anyone else find it wholly peculiar that on their website they have a whole page dedicated to Do & Don't buy, with the only brands they accept being:

Brands we DO accept

Yeh I noticed that a while back 😂 it’s because they don’t know anything about designer items or fashion other than the most popular bag styles/types 😂
---
Because it’s a cultural thing. They only want brand new and exclusive things. They want to come out of those boutiques with exclusive pieces - a Birkin made just for them. Not hand me downs from a dodgy company run by a couple of frauds.
(obvs this isn’t my own view or opinion on preloved fashion)

• Haha
Where are the rest of her children?

And Moon really needs to act her age that's a teenager and not a 9 year old

• Haha
Yeh I noticed that a while back 😂 it’s because they don’t know anything about designer items or fashion other than the most popular bag styles/types 😂
---

Because it’s a cultural thing. They only want brand new and exclusive things. They want to come out of those boutiques with exclusive pieces - a Birkin made just for them. Not hand me downs from a dodgy company run by a couple of frauds.
(obvs this isn’t my own view or opinion on preloved fashion)
Sure I agree. But Emiratis only make up
11% of the population nowadays. The rest are ex pats.
So the point that they won’t have a market is untrue. It totally agree with you all that Emiratis won’t be buying their goods.

I don’t get why I’m being shaded by certain members for disagreeing 🤣. We can all voice our opinions respectfully.
---
Where are the rest of her children?

And Moon really needs to act her age that's a teenager and not a 9 year old
Is she a teen? I didn’t know that. Gosh she comes across so much younger.

Reactions: 6
Sure I agree. But Emiratis only make up
11% of the population nowadays. The rest are ex pats.
So the point that they won’t have a market is untrue. It totally agree with you all that Emiratis won’t be buying their goods.

I don’t get why I’m being shaded by certain members for disagreeing 🤣. We can all voice our opinions respectfully.
---

Is she a teen? I didn’t know that. Gosh she comes across so much younger.
I’m not shading you - not my intention if I am coming across that way!! My beef is with these frauds not you 🥲

nooo she is 10! but I think the wording of that means she acts like a teenager

Brands we DO accept

Mod edit, stop bickering people. It ruins the thread for everyone
Would you not just just write “brands we accept with the exception of some models” rather than the variation of words of the same meaning in brackets 😕

Would you not just just write “brands we accept with the exception of some models” rather than the variation of words of the same meaning in brackets 😕
You should read their whole webpage of it... the list of art they would accept is hilarious:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Demand outweighs supply with Hermes so those who can afford, often buy on the secondary market as they simply don’t want to wait. I have friends that pay £25k per birkin simply because she can and won’t miss the money if they spend it! Quite often they will buy preloved then sell back once they’ve had the same bag offered direct from store. Means they don’t lose much money and have avoided ‘going without’

You should read their whole webpage of it... the list of art they would accept is hilarious:ROFLMAO:
The whole website is a mess. Too many words which mean nothing. As a first impression that would put me off using them.

Ohh no I understand … and I didn’t mean the ordinary emirati’s or the others who live there. I know not everyone there is loaded.. and not everyone Emirati is wealthy either. I replied to someone.. and said the rich folks over there don’t need to go get second hand bags. I never indicated that everyone there is rich. I have been to Dubai multi times and know what’s happening there.

the person who I was replying to was also indicating the wealthy plp of Dubai and not the normal expats..

Even the normal expats can’t afford love luxury bags because they sell at a higher rate than Hermes.

Reactions: 1
Like the £380k she’s spent on surgery 😆
Is this even humanly possible?!
---
Demand outweighs supply with Hermes so those who can afford, often buy on the secondary market as they simply don’t want to wait. I have friends that pay £25k per birkin simply because she can and won’t miss the money if they spend it! Quite often they will buy preloved then sell back once they’ve had the same bag offered direct from store. Means they don’t lose much money and have avoided ‘going without’
Imagine having to go without a Hermes bag! Shock horror! 😱 I am only poking fun so please don’t take offence.

It does make me wonder where these people’s priorities lie.

I sincerely hope I haven’t offended. It’s just rather sad. I’d give £25K for 5 minutes with my Dad who died 10 years ago over a bag any day

Last edited: