Love Island Australia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t realise it’s not “live” like it is in the UK. I saw Tina saying they had to keep their reunion secret. So how do the audience vote if they’re not watching it in real time?
Sophie always referred to super fans voting, so I assume there was a select group who got to watch the episodes in real time and they were the ones that made the decision .

I’ve just looked it up and it was pre recorded because they wanted it to air during the Aussie summer but it would be too cold in Mallorca to film it live.

Just seen this too! I wondered how they were able to say the public voted for the winner if it was prerecorded, I thought maybe it was still the superfans. It’s so rubbish! They would be better spending money on getting a southern hemisphere villa and making the show live like we have in the UK if they want it to air in December. Love Island has not been as successful in Aus as UK (even the winners only have 100k followers). But it never will if they do stuff like this and don’t involve the public.

Yahoo Lifestyle revealed in late September that the finale was pre-recorded with three alternative endings being filmed. The final three couples all pretended to win in their 'fake' endings so that viewers could still submit votes for their favourite couple.

“The contestants won’t find out if they’ve won or not until they actually sit down to watch the finale with the rest of Australia, and see if their winning scene is played,” our source spilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Sophie always referred to super fans voting, so I assume there was a select group who got to watch the episodes in real time and they were the ones that made the decision .

I’ve just looked it up and it was pre recorded because they wanted it to air during the Aussie summer but it would be too cold in Mallorca to film it live.

Just seen this too! I wondered how they were able to say the public voted for the winner if it was prerecorded, I thought maybe it was still the superfans. It’s so rubbish! They would be better spending money on getting a southern hemisphere villa and making the show live like we have in the UK if they want it to air in December. Love Island has not been as successful in Aus as UK (even the winners only have 100k followers). But it never will if they do stuff like this and don’t involve the public.

Yahoo Lifestyle revealed in late September that the finale was pre-recorded with three alternative endings being filmed. The final three couples all pretended to win in their 'fake' endings so that viewers could still submit votes for their favourite couple.

“The contestants won’t find out if they’ve won or not until they actually sit down to watch the finale with the rest of Australia, and see if their winning scene is played,” our source spilled.
Thanks for the info! The bit about them prerecording each couple winning is soooo cringe!

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the info! The bit about them prerecording each couple winning is soooo cringe!
Just remembered they would have had to do the ‘pick an egg in the basket, will you choose the 50k or love’ thing for all 3 couples too! Definitely cringey.

Reactions: 2
Just remembered they would have had to do the ‘pick an egg in the basket, will you choose the 50k or love’ thing for all 3 couples too! Definitely cringey.
I haven’t actually watched the final, I googled who won after the baby episode cos it was getting so boring. I probably won’t now!

I’ve just finished binge watching season 3 on Itvx. It was much better than season 4, seems like they took a step back.

My biggest observation with S3 is how much it rained in Byron Bay 😂 but it was a much better Villa than casa Amor (for LI purposes). There was still some prerecording going on too, I read all 3 finalists recorded themselves winning again. Not sure why Aus can’t seem to get the hang of airing it at the same time as making it a public vote. The final four couples were the ones who voted who would be in the final 3! I’d be so annoyed if this was the UK format.

This thread is dead now but does anyone follow any of this seasons cast on Instagram? There seems to have been some fall outs between a lot of the cast and also some drama with Layla/Callum/Mads which I can't figure out. I know it's irrelevant but I like the after show gossip for a while with every season.

This thread is dead now but does anyone follow any of this seasons cast on Instagram? There seems to have been some fall outs between a lot of the cast and also some drama with Layla/Callum/Mads which I can't figure out. I know it's irrelevant but I like the after show gossip for a while with every season.
I’ve already forgotten who those 3 people are 🤣

Anybody watched the most recent season? I’ve just finished it all. Overall it was much better than All stars.