Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laika1234

VIP Member
Is anyone else thinking Adams arrival is a secret challenge that none of the islanders are aware of? To see how strong the couples actually are?!? Or something? I’m still so confused as to why he would be back in there!
Yeah that could be it as I feel like he’s likely getting a fee or something for going back?

Reactions: 2

Marilyn345

VIP Member
I agree with you to an extent, especially about the sleeping in the same bed thing. I think it would be so much better if they didn’t have to do that at the start, and the coupled up after a few days of dates and games getting to know each other.

Reality TV is pretty exploitative. It’s people with little to no media training being put in hyper normal situations, and manipulated in order to get them to react in an “entertaining” way (whether that be funny, sad, angry etc etc etc). It’s all done in order to get a reaction.

I enjoy watching LI for Tattle, but I do think you’d have to be an idiot to go on it. I honestly cannot think of anything worse

I think ES and Gemma are coming off the best this year. Gemma has definitely had media training prior to entering. ES is an actress and so knows how to get a reaction from cameras, and she knows story lines etc.

I just find it hard to have sympathy for people like Jacques who go on these shows because they’ve made that decision themselves. We all know that it’s manipulative. We all know that you’re going to be judged, many people won’t like you regardless, and that if you do anything that the public deem as irredeemable, you’re finished for life.

Being a part time z-lister is hard. Constantly trying to live up to a designer lifestyle you’re expected to have but can’t afford… that pressure alone must be awful. That’s what they say got to Mike in the end… the pressure of trying to appear a certain way and spiralling money issues. It must have been awful.

I think Social Media has a lot to answer for. We live in a world where we’re told we can have it all, and we watch people living these plush lives… but it isn’t real. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

[end unnecessary tangent of a Ted Talk]
Social media does have a lot to answer for, people reacting instantly and reaching out to say their bit on their phone and sending it off without a second thought, but isn’t that merely an extension of people not being accepting of others’ behaviour if it’s different to theirs (and therefore wrong) .. a case of always have been always will be but much faster🤫. Maybe a bit OTT here but I’ve always thought that as we are no longer able to erect the village stocks and physically chuck things at people this is what we do instead.
Regarding the Jacques of this world, not much sympathy, there is so much information out there regarding the downside of reality TV, if they choose not to accept that be it on their own head. That said the processing of prospective candidates seems to be needing a bit of an overhaul, I’ve never had an HR training but just a short encounter with Jacques would set an alarm off, to start with he NEVER listens and he’s an absolute over-talker, possibly to do with the ADHD here but it should have been spotted.

Last edited:

TC14

Chatty Member
Christ !! Adams mouth is just as wobbly as Paige's head...... very annoying

• Haha

Marilyn345

VIP Member
It's still a photo of a child and commenting on the child's nose/looks.
As has been pointed out it was the dad who opened the door here. Personally I don’t think it’s on to make personal comments about people I don’t know but realise that some can think if it’s out there then they’re fair game .. what a time to be alive 🙄

Reactions: 1
Maura would never go back. She along with Molly Mae sees herself as a cut above LI now and is trying to carve a career for herself as a model. They totally think LI is beneath them now career wise and don’t even mention it. At least Amber Gill still watches it and is a fan
Surprisingly Molly Mae has mentioned watching this year

Laika1234

VIP Member
think Gemma finds Luca a bit suffocating because she’s annoyed more boys haven’t tried to get to know her. She’s still single and she wants to be the one people go for, but Luca doesn’t let them get a word in.
But how do we know that? Given how much producers are pushing the luca is insecure arc wouldn’t we have seen him going to odd and warning them off? If lads aren’t picking hemma for dates that’s on them, not Luca.

Only to manipulate paige "if you don't forgive me there's no point me being here, I'll leave" *

* not exact words but along those lines
The way it actually happened is even more pathetic. Luca said she’ll forgive you and he said I won’t let her. I’ll leave. What does that even mean? Why would you not want forgiveness