Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

follyol

Who the fuck does Antigoni think she is??? I’m so confused she thought Jay and Davide were her option/ lol ya girl must be blind - neither of them fancy you!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Keera

VIP Member
Jacques and Luca could recite the “Love Island Winners Handbook”

Luca - find the girl who’s already known on the outside and/or being publicised the most (there’s always one every series) BONUS points if she has a rich and famous family. Cling to her with all your might and maximise any CUTE moments for the camera. Ensure everyone knows that you are OBSESSED with her and almost falling in love despite it being 3 weeks in. Become bereft in Casa Amor and play the publics heart strings by constantly sitting with an item of said girls staring sadly into the distance. Repeat until recoupled and on your way to the final.

Jacques - go in with a bad boy playboy image. Tell the public you want to play the field BONUS points if you refer to women only as “birds”. Limit your options to the “nice” girls in the villa who won’t call out your bullshit and will worship the ground you walk on. Act like a kicked puppy if they so much as breathe near another man. State that you have “never felt like this before” while making her feel 3foot tall for any minor disagreement (NB this disagreement does not always have to be her fault - in fact most of the time it will be yours). Ensure the camera catches all of your “vulnerable” moments. Be tempted at Casa Amor - but not too tempted. Recouple after Casa Amor - play up the changed man angle. Get to the final. Get rid of girl 3-5 business days later or as soon as the £25k settles in your account.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
Ekin-Su
"I didn't know whether to play it safe, or take a risk. So the boy I've decided to couple up with is......"
🇹🇷😘🇮🇹
davide.gif

• Haha
  • Heart

IndominusRex

VIP Member
someone said on the last thread she must’nt have much self respect or self esteem.. but I don’t think it’s that.

I think that being treated like that has been normalised at some point for Paige. And probably for lots of other women, based on the reception Jacques has gotten on social media.

my parents basically brought me up to put their feelings before my own and used guilt and shame if I didn’t do exactly what they wanted. My own wants/needs were pretty much ignored (among other things). So this just became second nature to me growing up and I never questioned it. It’s just how I behaved without thinking. Naturally when I started dating then, my ex using guilt to control me didn’t set off any alarms. That was just the type of behaviour I was used to. I guess I was never taught what self respect looked like, I wasn’t taught that I didn’t have to feel guilty for speaking up for what I wanted.

it took me a few dodgy relationships, a lot of self awareness and a bit of therapy to realise how my parents treatment of me had set me up to fall victim to the type of man Jacques is. I wanted to date nice men, I just didn’t have that behaviour modelled for me so it was like going into the dating world blindfolded.

my older self watching Paige makes me want to scream at the TV. Jaques was so rude and needlessly aggressive in that conversation. her dismissing her feelings is typical of what I used to do. When she finally opens up he treats her like she’s being a brat, instead of what an emotionally healthy man would do; validate her feelings, empathise and offer reassurance.

At least she confronted him on that point. The love of Jacques and Paige as a couple that I’ve seen on other social media just makes me dispair.

im not sure if it was in this forum or on social media but I’m sure I read that someone knew him and couldn’t believe how good the editing was in his favour. I can readily believe he’s worse behind what we’ve seen.

at this point I think the producers have almost an ethical duty to start showing Jacques in his true colours. I’m not sure if they like to involve themselves in the relationships but I also think a therapist should be speaking to Paige to address some of the behaviour Jacques has been exhibiting and how this teeters dangerously close to being abusive.

the real story arc I want to see is Jacques getting access to therapy, realising he has a lot of toxicity that needs addressing and leaving the island to work on his relationship with his anger and how he relates to women. THAT would be a real breakthrough TV moment instead of this endless romanticising of abuse or normalising it for the sake of drama.
100% this! I’d love if on aftersun instead of random ‘celebs’ they’d have psychologists or relationship experts commenting on the goings on like they used to on big brother in the early days.

• Heart

Moonbeams

Chatty Member
Antigoni has joined the Gemma, Tasha and Paige group for me. Honestly, if I been sat there when Paige said that I'd have left the group. They all should have left and that would have showed Paige up but they are all the same. Mean.

Danica messed up badly but there's ways and means of dealing with things.

cee-bee

VIP Member
Playing devils advocate here but if Tasha and Andrew do end up in the bottom and the boys decide to send Tasha home thinking she’s found what she’s here for, I could totally see Andrew choosing to leave with her.
same, and she won’t deserve it at all.

I’m really rooting for Ekin to win at this point. Last couple of years I’ve felt a bit meh about the winner but she is the most redeeming character in there. She’s kept it entertaining, has stirred up trouble without being a bitch or dishonest, she’s worn her heart on her sleeve and has a good connection with someone in there. She’s a bit of an underdog and gets picked on, but perseveres and is always lovely to other girls. She’d be a nightmare to be friends with but she’s the ideal love island contestant.

also excited for her bullies (Gemma, Luca, Paige and Jacques) to see her as a top voted couple while they are not. That wild rattle a lot of entitled arrogant feathers of that lot.

Reactions: 31

kayl1986

VIP Member
Home from parents evening . Kids in bed and here is my tea with my puppy update all in one 🤣 joining in the prayers Danica picks before Tasha and goes with how she feels and not worry about reactions

Attachments

• Heart

cee-bee

VIP Member
Danica only heard what she wanted to hear.

She is looking a bit messy now.
she can’t come out and say she’s repulsed by Charlie though can see.

Antigoni acting like she was entitled to Davide and Jay is pissing me off tbh. Gone from one of my favs to Tasha/Paige/Gemma territory

• Heart

upsid3down

Nooo Paige did not just do that, she gives off such secret mean girl vibes sometimes!! Literally playground shit

Leo100

VIP Member
To be fair Jay basically said don't pick me and that he likes Antigoni , if that's not a subtle polite hint then I don't know what is

• Heart

doodlebug

VIP Member
Why is everyone in that villa so repelled by Danica - boys and girls alike? Girl can’t catch a break!

cee-bee

VIP Member
Andrew is literally throwing away his love island experience and potential win for a girl who, sorry, but isn’t worth giving a manicure to

• Haha
Reactions: 30