Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jackie Brown

VIP Member
i really wish there were more close female friendships like amber-anna-yewande or liberty-kaz
this szn doesn’t have that, from what we’ve seen, there was the scene with indiyah and paige but yk. none of them defend each other or stick up for each other much, and what makes it worse is that the boys do with their pack mentality. i do think the girls get on and everything but there’s always that one friendhip that’s really close and i can’t see it this year
Oh my god, the lack of girl code in this series is so apparent! It's a very cold and cut-throat atmosphere, especially if you're not an OG.

The way the girls were like a pack of wolves with Ekin-Sun last week when they just rounded on her and Amber/Gemma went for it and the others just all sat to watch but no one had her back. But she's been really kind and empathetic with the girls whenever anyone has needed advice or a shoulder to cry on. ES is made of stern stuff, but the goading and disgusting digs from Luca/Jacques/Davide must really take it's toll.

Likewise Danica. She has had a really raw deal in there (entrance aside and the producers probably goaded her into that).
Davide was a proper c**t to her with that aggressive, forced upon kiss and the recoupling and no one had her back or showed sympathy. If it did happen, they chose not to air it.

There is a very uncomfortable misogynistic and aggressive vibe in the villa this year and to quote several posters most of the men this year are trash. Just very frustrating watching this year to see the double standards and downright bullying going on by the lads towards some of the women. Luca and Dami confronting Tasha like that was just out of order. Don't get me started on Jacques / Luca / Davide and their awful comments and treatment to ES and Danica. ITV should not be enabling this. This post has got me riled up. But I think when the show is over, we are going to hear some uncomfortable accounts from some of the women.

One of the posters earlier this afternoon had it spot on about Gemma acting like a head "mafia / mob wife". Just a very smug air about her and her endorsing the behaviour of Luca and Jacques. Ugh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Gymhoned

VIP Member
Anyone slightly annoyed how Davide just plunged in for a kiss with Danica? At the time i thought...hang on there...thats a bit?? I dunno...forceful,arrogant...then he didnt pick her.Poor Danica.Shes had a shit time

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
This intervention with Tasha is the most uncomfortable. How old is Andrew that he needs to call mummy and daddy to tell off his gwirlyfwend.

• Haha

Nijeoasa02

Chatty Member
I could be wrong as this is just how i see it, but I think the issue with Tasha isn’t that she’s open to getting to know people it’s just that she’s clearly not that into Andrew and then when he’s voiced his disappointment about it she got stroppy and stormed off in a huff.
i feel like that’s why Dami and Luca said what they said but again I could be wrong and actually it’s just gross that they’re getting involved.
Exactly!!
Also, remember last week when she confronted jay when he told Andrew that Tasha wasn’t as into him As he was to her. And she kicked off all offended at jay at his ‘assumption’

as much as im not jays biggest fan, he hit the nail on the head there

I hope Paige changes her mind, just don't like Jax and want him out.

Find them both cunty and chavvy. Weak jaws as well :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: .
As a fellow Welsh girl from Swansea. Shes playing the typical ‘naive cutesy girl from the valleys’. Trust me when I say that she’s definitely not the angel she seems on tv

• Haha

mrsbucket

VIP Member
Tasha and Andrew are so wet they deserve each other. Both keep backtracking on what they've said.

Unrelated but I also can't stand Luca. He thinks he's got this competition won.

• Haha

cee-bee

VIP Member
I actually feel so bad for Danica, Davide kissing her yesterday and then picking someone else and none of the guys have really gave her a chance x
Not only havent they given her a chance but they’ve been outright rude to her.

Lucas little toddler tantrum, sleeping in a different bed - all for dramatic effect. Then during the game when she called him needy, he was rude and nasty to her.

Genma must be absolutely blind to ignore the red flags coming off Luca and Jacques.

cee-bee

VIP Member
I dunno if I'm just seeing this weirdly because I'm jaded and cynical but I find the differences in how the guys have reacted to Paige vs Tasha quite sinister.

Jay asked Jacques and a few of the other guys whether it was OK for him to get to know Paige, before he'd even asked her if she wanted to. Whereas Charlie didn't get anyone's permission to invite Tasha on a date (as he shouldn't have tbh, she's a human being not Andrew's toy). It almost feels like the guys are more bothered by Tasha because they didn't give "permission" for it to happen. Like their egos were dented by one of "their" women doing something without getting their approval first? I dunno if I've explained that well, but it feels misogynistic and gross!

Love Island is always a bit sexist but this year it feels like the toxic masculinity has been cranked up to another level!
i 100% agree with you.

I think one leader of the pack who is sexist (in this case, Luca) can influence and bring it out in the others. It’s like a pack mentality that’s exacerbated because they’re in a little bubble. Outside of that bubble the guys might be ok individually but I think that group mentality is bringing out the worst in all of them.

I think if Luca was removed they others might chill a little. And I’m not saying this because I don’t like a Luca. He was the most overtly disrespectful to women early on and is manipulative and controlling of a lot of people in there.

• Heart

jadach

VIP Member
the only couple i like and care about is dami and indiyah. i also think it’s the most equal couple in terms of liking each other. every other couple seems one sided, or one person is annoying and unlikeable.
ekin su and charlie obviously don’t like each other at all, ekin su is settling and waiting for someone better to come along, i don’t think she’s attracted to him at all.

Spilttea

VIP Member
Indiyah and Dami are my faves, I feel their progression from mates to a little more has been natural. He is handsome, witty and he ACTUALLY seems into her which I love for her because despite being stunning she was virtually ignored by the other men for the best part of 2 weeks (poss longer - not sure of the timeline)

GossWhore

VIP Member
I don't believe Tasha goody too shoes act. She's smelt Charlie money and is looking elsewhere.

• Heart

whippersnapper

Chatty Member
the boys were laughing at the whole davide kissing danica and not choosing her thing. no one can convince me they wouldn’t slate and judge if a girl -particularly ekin su -did the same.
The only thing good about this season is that we (women) can see how a group of men operate behind the scenes.

It's ridiculous in this day and age there is STILL two sets of rules for men and women ... and I am not having it.

Call them what they are ... manipulative bullies.

• Heart

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Remi said on Will Njobvu's reality podcast that he had some kinda beef with Jacques that wasn't aired. Basically Jacques sounds like a bit of an a-hole.

It's in here about 22mins in. Then more at 34 mins.
I feel so bad for Remi. He seems totally despondent after his LI experience. I hope he has good support around him and that LI are continuing with their duty of “care.” Jacques is such a little prick. Why are they not showing us this stuff?? Nothing worse than someone who makes little comments (repeatedly) under the guise of banter, when in reality they are doing it to upset and provoke a reaction. Why does Paige even like him?

• Sad
  • Heart

DimpleFace

Noticed how Tasha kept saying Dami and Luca were shaking their heads but was too afraid to call out Jacques who was doing it the most. The dude is feared in that villa.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

jadach

VIP Member
as someone who knows jacques, I can’t believe how good they’re making him look 🥱
i really hope he gets exposed for something, i actually can’t stand him…everyone was hating before when they found out he was 20 dating a 16 year old but now it’s okay because he cared about paige crying

• Heart
Reactions: 23