Love Island 2019 🇬🇧

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God had to go out with mrnaysayer and our offspring for father's Day so missed 9 o'clock loveisland and had to wait an hour, tough times 🤣 although I did indeed get a life, and it was good! I can have both I think...
Anyway caught up now. Joe was well creepy tonight, alarm bells ringing again about him!I wish Lucie wouldn't cry all the time though. It WAS odd her behaviour with Tommy, instead of crying she should have just said what she said explaining it and left out the tears, think she's really struggling in there.
How bloody hilarious though. Amy walking through snivelling and covered in cake 🤭🤭
Sooo pleased Anna and Maura didn't go! I'm hoping least compatible comes out as Amy and Curtis. Most compatible has to be amber and Michael. Love them!

Reactions: 4
I actually thought Tommy was going to pick Maura , because he said in his speech “ this girl have beautiful big blue eyes “ and Maura at that point started to smile , Mollys face dropped completely because clearly she’s not the one with big blue eyes - it’s Maura . 😂 I was shocked when he said Mollys name .
I thought that too, Molly has brown eyes! Amy's face when Joe picked Lucie. If Joe and Lucie go as a result of being voted least compatible, I reckon that will also kill any chances of Amy and Curtis winning as a couple, it smacks of Amy engineering getting Lucie out of the villa by making such a big deal about her hanging out with the boys. After the insight into her home life on Aftersun, I think she's very used to being treated like a princess, centre of attention, winning beauty pagents etc. Match that with how she's being in the villa and I'm starting to see Amy as a bit of a spoiled brat. As for the others, I dont see Curtis/Amy, Danny/Yewande, Tommy/Molly lasting, I do however, think Michael and Amber have potential, when they look at each other they smile with their eyes.

Maura is something else, Tommy swerved a bullet with that one, clip from tomorrow and she's already asking one of the new lads if he wants to share her bed. They'll want to keep her in as long as possible though as she'll be good for ratings!

Reactions: 2
Joe is a complete and utter creep. Everything about him, even his voice, goes right through me. He’s so unattractive. How dare he suggest lucie has to change after knowing her a whole two weeks. Total hole

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How quickly my opinions change on people I thought I couldn't stand! Anton isn't so bad.
And I feel really bad for Lucie, I have a hard time getting along with other girls too, but I wish I could but it's just awkward so I avoid it. I felt her crying was totally genuine and I felt for her. As of episode 12, Curtis is being such a yes man to Amy and her new lifes goal, starting tit surrounding Lucie, telling amy she did nothing wrong. She most definitely did, it's not her damn business how Lucie prefers to spend her time.

Reactions: 5
Joe and Amy are gaslighting Lucie into thinking she’s in the wrong, just because neither of them can get their heads round the idea that a male and a female can be platonic friends

Reactions: 10
OOOOOh FINALLY I can read the latter half of this thread and discuss. I've been waiting for it to come to Hulu so I can watch in the US and I was bursting, so I found some bootleg links and here I am.

Well... an interesting season so far, only seen up till ep 11.

-I can honestly say I liked Amy within the first couple of minutes ( after the forced intro that is) and that that hasn't changed. I also like Curtis and think his advice is sound and I've been impressed by the way his head doesn't turn and quickly he friend zoned Molly. At this current state, I wouldn't mind if they were the winners tbh. BUT, I do get concerned that either A. Amy will worry too much about Curtis's level of commitment ( because he was never wrong to have said what he did to her when she was all upset about Lucie and Joe then changed her story to being upset about "coming on too strong") or B. His head will eventually be turned and he'll turn out to be a dick. All I know is last season, Dr. Alex even made a few major dick moves imo and I wasn't pleased. So I'm bearing in mind that even the gent can pull some tit. Also I think he might not be as into her nowadays as he was before, and that underneath it he does still want a hotter piece like the rest of them.

-I miss Callum. I liked him a lot. He wasn't boring at all with the right person. Was mad at Amber telling him his sunglasses didn't suit him, he has a very good face for glasses, so that dig was unnecessary. Also love his accent, and it's great for my dialect studies course. Come back Callum.

-I want Yewande to find someone nice and I just don't think she has yet. Danny doesn't seem like it. I think she'll stay in for quite a while yet and if she's supposed to be this years Samira, well, I like her a lot more. I think she's genuinely nice and is looking for the right things.

-Amber hasn't grown on me yet like she has for many here. I DO like her bluntness and the fact that she isn't going to take tit or be humiliated. I like that she stands up for herself. Her arrogance, not so much. I've missed a few bits, but as long as she doesn't brag about being a diva and tit like that again, she'll probably grow on me.

- Lucie pissed me off MAJORLY for the first 6 episodes at least and I just couldn't even stand the sight of her. Honestly didn't understand why guys'd be willing to break an actual leg jumping over pools, tables, balconies and all sorts to get to her. But now she's back with Joe, she's a little more subdued and isn't on with the cringe slang. When they're not playing her up, she's not actually that bad, and she's growing on me. Joe on the other hand... once a baby, still a baby.. so many red flags, his tantrum. He was more emotional than Eyal for heavens sake.

- Molly is annoying and reminds me of a slightly less infuriating Georgia, but I still don't care for her. She's good for some drama right now. I don't think she's as justified as she feels going at Tommy in such a way. She's dragging everyone into it and having a come apart so openly when she could have sorted it between the two of them and is making herself look silly because all the sudden she cares so much about him.

- Maura... holy... hell... I dislike her. I'm sure she's there for this reason exactly. She'll never grow on me. Her IG ( I'm sure others have said it somewhere here) might as well be an account linked to a p*rn site. Honestly. And the look on her face like she is just living to stir tit and taunt people is just gross. That shot of her going to bed and looking at Molly, it's like she's looking to emotionally hurt some of the females in there and it's just not ok with me. She seems vile. Tommy revealed his true nature by being interested in such a girl, and I was pissed at Curtis for having seen her IG and trying to get in touch. Ew Curtis, and take those sandals off, you look like you're in the Westlife "Fool Again" video.

Wheeeeeewww.. Deep sigh of relief getting all that out. I don't have anybody to chat about this with and my husband just makes fun of me ( but I know he kind of wants to know what's up;)).
Honestly can't stand Amy right now. She needs to stop acting like her and Curtis are the mum and dad of Love Island.
If Lucie wants to spend every waking moment with Joe. Allow her and relax. Stop banging on about it.
And Curtis is sound, but his unsolicited advise is starting to grate on me.

I hope they don't win because they are jarring me.

And Maura is bringing at least action to our screens then people constantly asking eachother "WHeReS yOuR heAd aT"

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I really hope, if Joe and Lucie do end up out as the least compatible couple, Lucie is offered counselling, Joe and Amy have messed with her head.

Reactions: 7
I take back everything I said before about Joe - he’s horrible. It was awful watching him manipulate Lucie last night.

I think this is a good chance to get rid of him. From previous series I think that the couples will nominate the 2 couples who are least compatible, then the public will vote their fave boy and girl. So Lucie might stay, plus the boy from the other nominated couple, but Joe and the other girl would be sent home. I hope that is what happens. I love Lucie and Tommy’s friendship. They seem the most genuine and sweet of any of the friendships/relationships.

I was confused by Tommy saying blue eyes and then picking Molly but it turns out her was referring to his own eyes not the girls.

Screenshot_20190617-081905_Instagram.jpg

Honestly can't stand Amy right now. She needs to stop acting like her and Curtis are the mum and dad of Love Island.
If Lucie wants to spend every waking moment with Joe. Allow her and relax. Stop banging on about it.
And Curtis is sound, but his unsolicited advise is starting to grate on me.

I hope they don't win because they are jarring me.

And Maura is bringing at least action to our screens then people constantly asking eachother "WHeReS yOuR heAd aT"
Amy's turned from likable to totally nasty in no more than two episodes for me. It's amazing how they do it!

Amy made a huge deal out of Lucie going to exercise while the boys were out of the villa, but Lucie is quite clearly sporty, the boys have been hogging the gym equipment, perfectly natural in my opinion for her to jump on it while its free, if she'd gone to exercise while the boys were there she'd be criticised for that too. At least the public, according to Twitter and Aftersun seem to be on Lucie's side.

Reactions: 13
Amy made a huge deal out of Lucie going to exercise while the boys were out of the villa, but Lucie is quite clearly sporty, the boys have been hogging the gym equipment, perfectly natural in my opinion for her to jump on it while its free, if she'd gone to exercise while the boys were there she'd be criticised for that too. At least the public, according to Twitter and Aftersun seem to be on Lucie's side.
And what was stopping Amy going over and chatting while Lucie was working out!

Starting to see quite a few similarities between Amy and Joe!

Amy is totally going to persuade Curtis into picking Lucie and Joe as least compatible

Lucie and Joe and Elma and Anton will be picked as least compatible I think.

Elmer gives me lady gaga vibes - just in terms of her looks and side profile, she also looks a lot older than 26.

I also think that despite being shown positively in the last few episodes, Amber is a little madam. She comes across as someone who would turn on you with very little notice or provocation and will be fine with you as long as she doesn’t see you as a threat.

Oh and Anna’s hair is puzzling me, either she forgot to do her roots or it’s bad extensions, her hairline and parting is a different colour to the rest of her hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.