Love Island 2019 #2 🇬🇧

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yet they wonder when the contestants have Mental Health issues after leaving the show.

View attachment 26965

Michael’s mate should have been in the villa 😐
Ok controversial but...
I thought Michael came across as a laid-back, chilled out kind of guy.
I'm guessing in his job he has to be calm and level-headed to be able to perform his duties.
He also came across as much more mature than Amber.
I think the tweet last week brought it back to him that their not really suited, and combined with her general stroppy childish behaviour which whenever he tried to talk to her about she refused to listen (let alone even consider his point of view) and somehow even turned it back onto him, so he ended up apologising to keep the peace.
That's not really a good foundation for a lasting relationship so he wanted out.
I don't blame him at all for that.
Also as I said above - Caroline fired off loads of questions at him about his decision, and yet Anna never got the same treatment.
The situation was inflamed enough without adding to it which then in turn riled Michael up even more.
Things that should have been addressed quietly between just Amber and Michael were imo aired unnecessarily in front of the other contestants which made for uncomfortable viewing to no doubt boost viewer figures which now seem to have resulted in Michael being hated on by the public.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I can't work Curtis out at all. There is something so cold and calculating about him. When he and Amy were having the second chat and she said things like 'do you agree you've made me look look like a mug' he would just say 'I agree you look like a mug' 'I look stupid' 'yes you look stupid' without reassuring her at all which is obviously what she was angling for. And the airy 'sorry Amy!' whenever he saw her was just wierd. There is a genuine lack of empathy which is a bit scary. Why Amy thought they were in love is bizarre - I'm not sure he gave much indication he felt that way about her. The fixating on Jourdan was also incredibly random. He is a very strange boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can't work Curtis out at all. There is something so cold and calculating about him. When he and Amy were having the second chat and she said things like 'do you agree you've made me look look like a mug' he would just say 'I agree you look like a mug' 'I look stupid' 'yes you look stupid' without reassuring her at all which is obviously what she was angling for. And the airy 'sorry Amy!' whenever he saw her was just wierd. There is a genuine lack of empathy which is a bit scary. Why Amy thought they were in love is bizarre - I'm not sure he gave much indication he felt that way about her. The fixating on Jourdan was also incredibly random. He is a very strange boy.
I personally think Curtis will do or saying anything to win the Competition.

Reactions: 3
And yet they wonder when the contestants have Mental Health issues after leaving the show.

Ok controversial but...
I'm guessing in his job he has to be calm and level-headed to be able to perform his duties.
He also came across as much more mature than Amber.
I think the tweet last week brought it back to him that their not really suited, and combined with her general stroppy childish behaviour which whenever he tried to talk to her about she refused to listen (let alone even consider his point of view) and somehow even turned it back onto him, so he ended up apologising to keep the peace.
That's not really a good foundation for a lasting relationship so he wanted out.
I don't blame him at all for that.
Also as I said above - Caroline fired off loads of questions at him about his decision, and yet Anna never got the same treatment.
The situation was inflamed enough without adding to it which then in turn riled Michael up even more.
Things that should have been addressed quietly between just Amber and Michael were imo aired unnecessarily in front of the other contestants which made for uncomfortable viewing to no doubt boost viewer figures which now seem to have resulted in Michael being hated on by the public.
I think curtis is more hated on by the public to be honest.

Also, I don’t think many people have a problem with Michael leaving amber I think it was the manner he did it, he concocted all of these problems that he’d never once aired with her. He could have been a bit more respectful.

I also assume the bit re Caroline was not the full thing, obviously ambers reaction was the thing people wanted to see so it got more air time. She may have done the same to Anna.

People will soon forget about what he’s done, they did with Megan and Wes last year and they ended up being quite popular

Are itv going to completely brush over Tommy’s reaction?!? It was soooooo weird. Either he knows that lad from the outside and thinks he’s a nob, or he’s actually got feelings for lucie?

Reactions: 6
I think curtis is more hated on by the public to be honest.

Also, I don’t think many people have a problem with Michael leaving amber I think it was the manner he did it, he concocted all of these problems that he’d never once aired with her. He could have been a bit more respectful.

I also assume the bit re Caroline was not the full thing, obviously ambers reaction was the thing people wanted to see so it got more air time. She may have done the same to Anna.

People will soon forget about what he’s done, they did with Megan and Wes last year and they ended up being quite popular

Are itv going to completely brush over Tommy’s reaction?!? It was soooooo weird. Either he knows that lad from the outside and thinks he’s a nob, or he’s actually got feelings for lucie?
Now I need to watch again too see Tommy’s reaction 😂 I don’t think Micheal and Joanna have a great connection to be honest I think her head could be turned quite easily

Reactions: 4
Michael is so obviously trying to get a reaction out of Amber so he can turn around to Joanna and say 'sEe i ToLd yOU sHe WAs iMmAtUrE'. Like, telling her she's raising her voice when she's not. Good on her for managing to stay so calm, she's not reacting the way Michael hoped she would.

Joanna needs to sit the duck down, constantly bitching about Amber and then trying to grab the high ground because Amber called her a dead ting a couple of times.

Jourdan smirking constantly is pissing me off.

Curtis is a major major creep.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Now I need to watch again too see Tommy’s reaction 😂 I don’t think Micheal and Joanna have a great connection to be honest I think her head could be turned quite easily
The Casa Amor boys and girls needed to couple up to not go home. So of course they’d have gone hard with whoever paid them attention to get to the main villa. Now will be when they all start shuffling and real couplings emerge

I think Anna will get back with jordan
Amber will get with ovie
Michael will be ditched as soon as someone better comes in
Curtis will latch onto whatever girl comes in next if amy ditches him

And I’m expecting a big tommy twist at some part too, him and molly are just sailing too easily and something doesn’t feel right

The Casa Amor boys and girls needed to couple up to not go home. So of course they’d have gone hard with whoever paid them attention to get to the main villa. Now will be when they all start shuffling and real couplings emerge

I think Anna will get back with jordan
Amber will get with ovie
Michael will be ditched as soon as someone better comes in
Curtis will latch onto whatever girl comes in next if amy ditches him

And I’m expecting a big tommy twist at some part too, him and molly are just sailing too easily and something doesn’t feel right
I'm sure Tommy is a genuine guy but I also think he's a bit naive and dumb. I think that triangle at the start was maybe their hiccup because I don't see anything else happening. After watching 2 guys destroy their couples, he probably wouldn't want the fuss. Although saying that, he was the one pushing Curtis with 'well if you're not happy, don't stay there' kind of thing. It's hard to know what might happen with them but I agree, there's something off with their relationship. We all got that vibe with Curtis and Amy not lasting and that was true too 🤔 let's see if we're right

Also, did anyone else see Ovie asking why Curtis needs to be there when voices started to be raised. That really made me cackle 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Michael the firefighter.....?
Or the Professional gas-lighter 🔥 🔥
😐
He set out to blame her for him “cracking on” with someone else. Just a pity he needed a text message and a new pair of tits in his face to realise she was such a bad match for him 😐
His brother was on after sun a few weeks ago and could see them working 🤔 His reservations was the distance 🤣

100000% on Amber’s side,
Yeah she regresses into teenage strops or her barriers go up (which makes her comes across as a witch) when she’s hurt, most girls do especially if it’s so public!!
And she actually behaved really well, it must have pissed him off so much 😂 to the point HE started shouting at her to goad a reaction!!🤣
he’s playing her, he used everything he could to try and get her to clap back and prove his point and he didn’t get it from her, he got it from Anna!!! 😂🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Michael has shown his true colours, he definitely has a nasty side. I don't think it's bad if someone else comes in and you find you have a better connection with them, that's what they're there for. But like Ovie said, own it, don't go putting the blame on Amber, he's a coward. Also what does Joanna expect, Amber to come back in and give her a hug and say nice to meet you? No. I think Amber handled it pretty calmly actually.

Curtis, I really don't understand him. The only reason he's upset is for himself.

Michael is so obviously trying to get a reaction out of Amber so he can turn around to Joanna and say 'sEe i ToLd yOU sHe WAs iMmAtUrE'. Like, telling her she's raising her voice when she's not. Good on her for managing to stay so calm, she's not reacting the way Michael hoped she would.

Joanna needs to sit the duck down, constantly bitching about Amber and then trying to grab the high ground because Amber called her a dead ting a couple of times.

I noticed Jourdan smirking too like she was loving the drama she'd caused . Sneaky and not to be trusted, she's going to cause more drama.

I agree with everyone. It isnt the fact that he's left Amber that's the issue. Seen so many people defending him saying if he was unhappy and not himself then why is that an issue.
it's the way he's gone about it.
Like Amber said, not once did he say sorry, instead he just went on about how she did this and that and this and acted this way and that way and made him feel like this and that.

Amber is immature at times and I get where he is coming from with the treading on egg shells around her.
Fine, but did he need to go off on her about it and blame her for everything? No. And to not even say simply, he's found someone better suited to him and who he feels will be better for him but he's sorry it had to happen like that.
She may have been angry but the 90% of the public wouldnt hate him for it 😂

And to tell her she's shouting at him 😂 Sorry, did they turn down her mic or something and leave his at normal level? Because he was talking louder than her 😂

I actually liked Michael and the fact he had chosen to recouple... until Amber came back in and he turned into an hole. You did this, you did that, you did this, you did that. Also when he said she'd made him look like a head... that was the first we'd all heard! Harsh! She'd literally walked back in thinking everything was all rosy.

I actually don’t think Michael was that bad considering the attitude that Anna had. The whole time she kept saying ‘ike, like’ she is a little nasty witch and it shown last night. She is going to be acting so smug as she now has two boys but I can’t wait to she gets voted off, I think her horrible personality is coming through.
I don’t like Amber and never have and think she kept it together last night until she started saying things about Joanna, but if a mean girl trait! I do think however she had this coming and the whole she has Never been rejected shite...get over yourself!
You obviously are a fan of someone who tries to gaslight a situation for their own benefit

Each to their own

But Anna won't be leaving the villa until Michael, Joanna, Danny, Jourdan and Curtis do.

Michael was awful loudly saying to Amber to lower her voice - as passive aggressive and patronising as saying 'calm down'. He was definitely goading her so he could say 'look what I've been putting up with. Poor me'. Her being just upset but reasonable was not what he wanted after he'd been telling Joanna how childish she was.
I too think there is something still between Tommy and Lucie. She was his first choice but she went with Joe and I think regretted it almost immediately. Maybe she thought Tommy was more of a player - but he has proved he isn't. I genuinely think Tommy is a nice man and would have been loyal and happy with Lucie, but is with Molly and is happy with her. But Lucie was his first choice. Not explaining myself very well here - I don't know if he'd ever act on it as he seems decent but maybe there is a lingering bit of regret on both sides. Personally I'd be gutted if I was Lucie.

Reactions: 2

Honestly 48 hours and Joanna is still banging on "yoU caLlED mE a dEad TiNG"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Michael the firefighter.....?
Or the Professional gas-lighter [emoji91] [emoji91]
[emoji52]
He set out to blame her for him “cracking on” with someone else. Just a pity he needed a text message and a new pair of tits in his face to realise she was such a bad match for him [emoji52]
His brother was on after sun a few weeks ago and could see them working [emoji848] His reservations was the distance [emoji1787]

100000% on Amber’s side,
Yeah she regresses into teenage strops or her barriers go up (which makes her comes across as a witch) when she’s hurt, most girls do especially if it’s so public!!
And she actually behaved really well, it must have pissed him off so much [emoji23] to the point HE started shouting at her to goad a reaction!![emoji1787]
he’s playing her, he used everything he could to try and get her to clap back and prove his point and he didn’t get it from her, he got it from Anna!!! [emoji23][emoji1787]
The tweets last week about him being basically whipped rattled him

It's like when a guys mates say it and Michael would react "nah i bleeping ain't. I could pull any bird here" then fcks the next girl he sees to "prove a point"

He gives the big "I am" but he's just a little boy with a bruised ego

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The tweets last week about him being basically whipped rattled him

It's like when a guys mates say it and Michael would react "nah i bleeping ain't. I could pull any bird here" then fcks the next girl he sees to "prove a point"

He gives the big "I am" but he's just a little boy with a bruised ego
omg you've hit the nail on the head!!!

Reactions: 3
There's no doubt that Amber is a very attractive girl but her over-inflated ego and bitchy controlling personality is not in the least bit attractive.
However Joanna is attractive too and there was no need to put her down by proclaiming herself to be the better looking of the two - that's pathetic schoolgirl type nonsense.
It was the reaction of a girl who got humiliated in front of her friends and the whole of the UK 😆
I don’t think you can blame anyone for how the react when they’re hurt,
She didn’t call her out to her face, she didn’t attempt to start anything with her, she made a slightly bitchy comment (behind her back 😂) and ignored her.

Honestly think she handled it well with both of them. I’d have pushed tiny ears in the pool and let Joanne drag him out. 😐

Not gonna be a popular opinion 🤭
Amy is mentally scrapbooking the memories of the love story that was her and Curtis while humming Whitney Huston to herself 🙄
you’d swear the love of her life has gone to War and come back as a changed man due to PTSD 😒
“He’s not the man I feel in love with 🤣” no, he’s the man that tried to slide into Mauras DM’s and went after a girl that had no interest in him at all 😂
I’m not about that drama. They were (half) together for about 8 minutes.
I feel for her but..... nope.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.