Love is Blind - Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay well I watched it last night and what a treat?! I thought this reunion was hilarious 😂

Firstly, Shake. What a knob of butter! What he means by keeping it real is that he thinks this programme is a joke. He's not serious at all,and acts as if he was one of us watching rather than himself participating. So he comes across as an asshole, and quite rightly so judging by others saying he got a nice cut. From the first episode I thought he was a total head and I was shocked Deepti would've fallen for this. My jaw dropped when she said the only person he was attracted to was Vanessa ahahah. Terrible person.

Shayne. I THINK that he actually is not on drugs and he is/was in love with Natalie and he is NOT sleeping with Shaina. He is a just a cringe/awkward person. He doesn't do well with pressure and awkwardness. Watching the clips back I thought he's literally crying in his lap. I don't think it means he is on drugs. He has some anger issues though and as a couple they have a lot of issues. It was clear this is not going to work out because he needs someone who will be lovey dovey with him, tell him how amazing and hot he is all the time. Natalie is a sober headed woman that is independent and secure with herself. She's not the type to do that for him. So I don't think it's anyone's fault, they just don't work together and it's fine to admit that and move on. It's nothing bad.

Throughout this all I was actually thinking what Shake said. They are all fake as f! Especially Shaina, Mal, Jarette. They were obsessed with saying "I 100% admit that it was my fault and take full responsibility" and think this is an apology. It's pathetic how fake they are.

I don't like Mal anymore. 😞 She was my favourite but honestly she also comes across very fake and the same tune about responsibility etc. Why they so hung up on who's responsible? This was a relationship, you fucked up together.

I feel sorry for Ilyanna because she has to compromise too much. It's not enough to say that it was an inappropriate conversation from both J and M. After one of them said their piece the other just said the exact same and suddenly everything is better 😂 it was more than inappropriate and for me that would end this experiment if I was Ilyanna. Also I loved her short hair 💗

And Danielle and Nick turn out to be my favourite couple! I said before that they're not gonna work but I'm impressed with both of them, especially nick going to therapy with her and fixing his issues as well. It can only be applauded. They seem to be living well together and I love that she brought out his fun side. She's a little quirky and not stuck up like the other women on there. I wish them all the best.

Someone said something interesting about marriage "I'm not saying that all the problems have to be solved before marriage, but those were too big". That made me think about my relationship.

All in all, after the episode finished, s01e01 played immediately after and I turned it off but honestly I really actually loved the first season and it was so nice to see them all in the first 20 secs.

Also that new show sounds so cringe. Is it needed? Probs not. I'm not gonna watch it. I think love is blind and love island are enough of a brain shrinker 😂🏝
I agree Shayne needs someone lovey dovey. He’s like a Labrador and he needs the attention of one. So if he cooks you dinner you need to be like all the way through this is amazing you’re such a good cook I can’t believe my luck you’re so handsome and so good at cooking and you treat me like a princess and you’re my Prince Charming and gorgeous and I love you and this food is amazing!!!!! And Natalie is more like this is delicious, thanks babe. And it just would never have worked.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Please I am not diagnosing here so just a thought of mine (and I’ve not ever been in to drugs or around people on drugs so I can’t comment on that) but to me Shayne displays characteristics of ADHD. I have a neurodiverce child and I’m a teacher so I work with lots of young adults (and adults) who are on the spectrum or have various diagnosis. To me it seems like that, I don’t think he’s off his head on drugs like some people have commented on Instagram or other places. Am I alone in this though?
100% I've thought this from the start of the show and watching the reunion confirmed it. I felt so uncomfortable watching him sitting there squirming (and I don't think sitting next Shake helped at all).

Reactions: 3
I agree Shayne needs someone lovey dovey. He’s like a Labrador and he needs the attention of one. So if he cooks you dinner you need to be like all the way through this is amazing you’re such a good cook I can’t believe my luck you’re so handsome and so good at cooking and you treat me like a princess and you’re my Prince Charming and gorgeous and I love you and this food is amazing!!!!! And Natalie is more like this is delicious, thanks babe. And it just would never have worked.
That sounds exhausting, having to praise someone all the time. Frankly the labrador would be less hard work!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What I will say in defence of Shayne, to be fair to him if he has any issue at all he will likely be on meds for it as they take them like smarties in the states.

Shake is just embarrassing. He had Charles Boyle (Brooklyn 99) in the stakeout energy keep saying ‘baby’ 💀
Niche comparison there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel like Shake said a lot of stuff about Deepti that didn't make it into the show. The cast seem to dislike him a lot.

His instagram is full of comments of him "just being honest" - in my opinion, this is always the defence people who are downright nasty. Being honest is not spewing all the awful hate inside of you.

Reactions: 22
Just seeing the way ALL of them are on social media you can tell they did it to become influencers and grow their accounts. A lot of what they say and comment too each other is so cringe.

I reiterate that this was the MOST boring reunion I have ever watched. Nothing happened, nothing was resolved. They all want the fame without the exposure. Fake fake fake

Reactions: 17
Watched the reunion last night. Shake should just shut the duck up FOREVER and Shaina needs to stop doing that Donald Trump squinting with her eyes. It’s weird AF 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Wasn't there a reunion party last year or am I thinking of a different programme?

Reactions: 1
Wasn't there a reunion party last year or am I thinking of a different programme?
I think that was after the reunion show? I think it was like a catch up, because that Damian pissed Giannina off by bringing that other girl with him?

Reactions: 10
For Season 1, they had a one year later program, as the pandemic made it impossible to film. It was pretty dramatic, with Jessica still trying to stir stuff up with Barnett and Amber. Amber has forbidden Barnett from speaking to her, so it was pretty awkward and uncomfortable all round. Marc ( who Jessica said no to) didn’t turn up, as far as I remember, or, if he did, it was only super briefly and he is with someone else now. Damian and Giannina were on again/off again and he brought his new « friend » with him to the reunion party and expected Giannina to become her buddy and basically not being honest with her about wanting to break up. Cameron and Lauren seemed pretty solid, so I hope they have stayed together.
In the more recent series revisit episode, did anyone else think Iyanna might be pregnant? I tend to be quite good at spotting expectant mums, and she had her hands close to or on/under her belly quite a lot, and the way Jarrette was cuddling/looking at her just made me think she might be!

I find some of them so fake. Jarette and Nick for example, they clearly laughed with Shake when he was talking about not being attracted to Deepti, Nick looooved the drama. And NOW they're condemning him???

I think that was after the reunion show? I think it was like a catch up, because that Damian pissed Giannina off by bringing that other girl with him?
For Season 1, they had a one year later program, as the pandemic made it impossible to film. It was pretty dramatic, with Jessica still trying to stir stuff up with Barnett and Amber. Amber has forbidden Barnett from speaking to her, so it was pretty awkward and uncomfortable all round. Marc ( who Jessica said no to) didn’t turn up, as far as I remember, or, if he did, it was only super briefly and he is with someone else now. Damian and Giannina were on again/off again and he brought his new « friend » with him to the reunion party and expected Giannina to become her buddy and basically not being honest with her about wanting to break up. Cameron and Lauren seemed pretty solid, so I hope they have stayed together.
In the more recent series revisit episode, did anyone else think Iyanna might be pregnant? I tend to be quite good at spotting expectant mums, and she had her hands close to or on/under her belly quite a lot, and the way Jarrette was cuddling/looking at her just made me think she might be!
Thanks both!! That's it.. those episodes were wild!! 🍿 the draaammaaa

Reactions: 3
Yes I thought this too

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.