Love is Blind - Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With his saying something I shouldn’t have used the words I did while expressing myself I assumed he said something racist/called her a racist name. Like if you’re happy with WHAT you said but not THE WORDS you used to say it, it can’t be good.
Also Nat's mother was livid at the wedding, so I suspect this was it.

Reactions: 3
I find some of them so fake. Jarette and Nick for example, they clearly laughed with Shake when he was talking about not being attracted to Deepti, Nick looooved the drama. And NOW they're condemning him???
Nick is definitely into drama and Jarette a little bit too. When Jarette laughed on the beach though, I think it was kind of more like a shock of what he said because his face he seemed really taken back by what he said.
I’m not saying you’re wrong though, but I know me personally, I sometimes laugh if I feel very awkward or something somebody says catches me off guard like that.
I hate to think what Shake was actually saying about Deepti that got cut out or wasn’t recorded. He’s a vile man and he thinks he’s a ‘bro’ but he’s just an hole. Deepti was so gracious on the reunion show, you could tell she and the other girls were really biting their tongue when he was speaking. I wouldn’t have been able to stop myself ripping into him.

Reactions: 9
Just seeing the way ALL of them are on social media you can tell they did it to become influencers and grow their accounts. A lot of what they say and comment too each other is so cringe.

I reiterate that this was the MOST boring reunion I have ever watched. Nothing happened, nothing was resolved. They all want the fame without the exposure. Fake fake fake
Season 1 people were "recruited" via Instagram so I wonder if season 2 people were too. Social media really did kill off reality TV. Look at the first few series of Big Brother. Unknown people who didn't care about raising their SM profile. Then SM exploded and within 30 seconds you could look contestants up and find out everything about them. TV just because a way for them to gain exposure.

Reactions: 16
Season 1 people were "recruited" via Instagram so I wonder if season 2 people were too. Social media really did kill off reality TV. Look at the first few series of Big Brother. Unknown people who didn't care about raising their SM profile. Then SM exploded and within 30 seconds you could look contestants up and find out everything about them. TV just because a way for them to gain exposure.
I was just talking about this to hubbie.

Reality TV used to be normal people or slightly odd people, or a mix of the two.

But now, it's all boring people and celeb wannabes (mostly from Essex and Newcastle)

Bring back real reality or sack it off and just have actual actors.

Reactions: 13
I didn't realise the first season was recruited, it felt a lot more authentic than this tit show. I'll probably still watch a S3 but only because I love trash TV

Yeah early big brother was ordinary people. Now reality TV stars get scouted on Instagram or are already with agencies.

Watching this reunion now. Didn't think it'd be possible for Shayne to be even more coked up than he was at the wedding, but he was, so here we are!

If you took a shot whenever he sniffs, clenches his jaw or widens his eyes. Alcohol poisoning guaranteed.

• Haha
Nick is definitely into drama and Jarette a little bit too. When Jarette laughed on the beach though, I think it was kind of more like a shock of what he said because his face he seemed really taken back by what he said.
I’m not saying you’re wrong though, but I know me personally, I sometimes laugh if I feel very awkward or something somebody says catches me off guard like that.
I hate to think what Shake was actually saying about Deepti that got cut out or wasn’t recorded. He’s a vile man and he thinks he’s a ‘bro’ but he’s just an hole. Deepti was so gracious on the reunion show, you could tell she and the other girls were really biting their tongue when he was speaking. I wouldn’t have been able to stop myself ripping into him.
I was so pleased deepti didn’t react to him. There was no need - usually a reaction is to do one of two things: make the person think about/change their behaviour to to show other people who that person is but shake isn’t worth the energy to make him think about his behaviour, he’s beyond changing and everyone already has the measure of him!

Reactions: 8
Not a very deep comment but absolutely loved Natalie's dress at the reunion. She posted a full length photo to her insta and she looks gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just watched the reunion - Nick & Vanessa are terrible presenters, I know it’s been said before but they are not good at all

Anyone else think vanessa was a bit dramatic and ott laying into shake? When she was referring to being demangled, whatever that means.

Reactions: 16
Also Nat's mother was livid at the wedding, so I suspect this was it.
I don’t think it was racist as they continued dating after the show to give it another chance, I can’t see Natalie letting racism pass based on what we saw from the show and her demeanour. I get the impression he was generally insulting about her/her personality and said cruel things

Reactions: 4
I can't stop thinking that Shayne looks crazy with his eyes and teeth. He definitely has anger issues, like when he mistook Natalie for Shaina in the pod and got REALLY pissy when it upset Natalie.
I really like this program however conventionally all the people are good looking which to me is not the point of the program. I saw a bigger lady in the show, why can't we see more people?!

Yeah what happened with that bigger lady? I assume she didn’t get engaged or it didn’t work out when she came out of the pod, but if the whole point of the show is to see if Love is actually blind (lol) why not show her story too?

Reactions: 5
I really like this program however conventionally all the people are good looking which to me is not the point of the program. I saw a bigger lady in the show, why can't we see more people?!
Some other couples got engaged but I guess they were too boring for TV. I do think this would make for better TV but it would open the "non conventional" people up to ridicule/performative sympathy, for example if they show couples with a heavy person or dwarf contestant and they get engaged and the curtain pulls back and their fiancee is like "oh tit" - great drama, very unethical.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.