Louise Pentland #7 another shareable, cooking is terrible, hashtag captions #unbearable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to think she was a nice person because she's very good at saying things that SEEM down to earth and empathetic and like she gets what normal life is like for most people. She seemed to be aware that she's in a privileged position. Recently it's like something has changed and I now actually dislike her.

Also it really annoyed me seeing her private message the people who commented on here. It was so passive aggressive. Bear in mind we only know about those 2 occasions because the people told us on here. She could be doing that to people daily.

Reactions: 15
I can't believe she thinks she could even hack strictly. It looks so full on and absolutely bloody exhausting. There's no "soft office" version.

Also it might just be me but I don't feel like Louise is genuinely nice? She doesn't come across as a nice person to me. She feels beyond fake and above everyone else.
She will make every excuse under the sun then complain about the show online where in fact it be her fault she can't hackit. Not her partner or judges or shoes or whatever she comes up with

Reactions: 6
Well she can't do it this year thank bloody God as they doing it in socially distanced pairs hold up together. She never had a hope in hell.. The only influencers they will get on are current, audience drawing in ones. Saffron brought in young viewers like Joe Sugg did. Bosses ain't dumb they will know she won't put in the practise hours. Risk assessment.... fall over she could land on her partner and cause an injury!!! The only larger people they 've had are fun ones like Alison Hammond Ann widdicombe!! Plus she never even goes on a brisk long walk that we 've seen or even do gentle gym stuff at home ... Even a running machine in the house to walk on... She never ever does anything physically exerting AT ALL!!

Reactions: 5
I used to think she was a nice person because she's very good at saying things that SEEM down to earth and empathetic and like she gets what normal life is like for most people. She seemed to be aware that she's in a privileged position. Recently it's like something has changed and I now actually dislike her.

Also it really annoyed me seeing her private message the people who commented on here. It was so passive aggressive. Bear in mind we only know about those 2 occasions because the people told us on here. She could be doing that to people daily.
I completely agree. She has privatised all of her old vlogs so its not like we can go back and see how she was. Its like when she went to that mummy vlogger retreat a few months ago and she was the only one to have her own room 🙄 she has this air of arrogance and superiority about her. It seems like she constantly talks down to people.

Reactions: 12
Well she does think of herself as aristocracy... She bought a ladyship title on line after all!!!😂

Reactions: 4
Ugh I agree. I’m so over all the #relatable “oh whoops look, I spilt wine on my newborn’s head”, “let’s all just admit that kids can be twats even though we are so #blessed”. I’m a mum of two under 4 so I’m probably within the target audience and I’m OVER it

I am a mum of two kids under 3 me and husband have our kids 24/7 Louise always makes me feel like a lousy mum

The book thing has annoyed me also. Why is she an authority on parenting? How? She barely does anything and I'm not trying to put her down but it's just the truth of it. I'm a stay at home mum to 2 young children and I haven't worked outside the home since before my eldest one was born. I've done that by choice because I wanted to raise my children myself, but it isn't easy. I've done every single day of looking after them both, all by myself, and it's bloody hard and exhausting but it's my life and I do it for my children and its also wonderful. She barely does anything with her kids and she gets to be paid many thousands of pounds I'm sure to write.... what? I don't get it!!
A mum of two children i work part time totally respect stay at home mums you're a superstar

I agree!!! The first 4 weeks of my newborn twins all I bloody talked about was how tired I was/how rough the nights were. They're 18 weeks now and I still bring up the night feeds 😂 she can't have done them.
My baby was born a month after pearl i was so tired my first child and he didn't sleep i walked around on a daze for the first 3 months

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I am a mum of two kids under 3 me and husband have our kids 24/7 Louise always makes me feel like a lousy mum

A mum of two children i work part time totally respect stay at home mums you're a superstar

My baby was born a month after pearl i was so tired my first child and he didn't sleep i walked around on a daze for the first 3 months
Louise is the lousy Mum
You’re doing more than her and you don’t have all the help she does

Reactions: 10

Please don't compare yourself to Louise and feel bad about how you've been handling parenthood. Darcy has basically 4 parents, Louise has help for Pearl and she still complains about her 'mummy days' round the clock. I'm sure you and your husband are doing a good job. Don't buy into these influencer mothers' version of perfection. Anything looks vlog-worthy if you edit it enough and Louise still manages to come off as entitled and spoiled.

Reactions: 11
Can I just say considering my house is half the size of Louise's and I have 3 kids!!!! Which incidentally me and my partner look after without any help. Like lady muck the absolute mare with a army of helpers, my house isn't even that cluttered. She's a hoarder. She has a incredibly messy walk in wardrobe which I've never seen Liam's stuff in, she's got two living rooms, a office, hall space, a utility room and a large cupboard in that room too, it's crazy to me that she's preaching so much how perfect and tidy she is,the only time she tidies is for a #ad deal... absolute knob.

Reactions: 11
Can I just say considering my house is half the size of Louise's and I have 3 kids!!!! Which incidentally me and my partner look after without any help. Like lady muck the absolute mare with a army of helpers, my house isn't even that cluttered. She's a hoarder. She has a incredibly messy walk in wardrobe which I've never seen Liam's stuff in, she's got two living rooms, a office, hall space, a utility room and a large cupboard in that room too, it's crazy to me that she's preaching so much how perfect and tidy she is,the only time she tidies is for a #ad deal... absolute knob.
This is a good point, we've never seen where Liam's clothes are. Or any of his stuff at all. I'm guessing it's in the spare room where he sleeps.

This is a good point, we've never seen where Liam's clothes are. Or any of his stuff at all. I'm guessing it's in the spare room where he sleeps.
that makes it seem even more like he's just a lodger.. i get that he might sleep in a different room if he gets up at a different time for work but not seeing any of his things anywhere is just strange :confused:

Reactions: 7
Her stories about shops opening really annoyed me. As a retail worker who has no choice to go back I’m really worried about the amount of people that will be coming out just because we are open. She said she’s ready to go to shops as long as she can stay away but what about all the workers who aren’t ready and are being forced back for people like her to shop for ‘treasure’. She talks a lot about being scared of this virus (rightly so) and was even anxious to be going to the supermarket a few weeks ago but now she’ll take her kids into shops when we have a higher number of cases now then we did when we locked down anyway
I work in a supermarket and i hate working while this is going on no one is following thw rules anymore andi have two small children

• Heart
Does Louise thing she’s the only one who has life stuff going on? Eugh I can’t be bothered with her endless moaning anymore.
Also I’d forgotten how big her house is until she showed us the separate living room, I’d forgotten she even had that space!! The amount of clutter however gives me the shivers. 😂 Yes I’ve got kids and yes their stuff gets everywhere but I at least try to keep on top of it all. Suppose I’m not in my soft office all day, that’s where I’m going wrong!

Reactions: 7
I'm a mum and at first I took some comfort in the fact that influencers etc would say how hard being a mum is. It makes you feel less alone because sometimes you feel like everyone else is so happy and doing everything perfectly and you are the only one struggling. But it's went too far! They now all borderline slag off their children in order to seem relatable. Louise particularly annoys me because she does so little. If you've got a nanny, I don't wanna hear it.
You are amazing dont compare yourself to someone w8th a nanny i don't have a nanny and i struggle sometimes

Panicked because she's not been having her usual "Mummy treats". That many treatments is barely a treat, more like luxury. Give me STRENGTHHHHHHHHHH
My treat is the kids sleeping on time and mw gorging on malteasers

oh GOD is it actually called Mum Life that's the phrase I hate the most that she uses

except for 'treasure' or 'good egg' maybe but it's up there!
I think i could write a better book since we actually see our kids all day the good bad and ugly like 2 minutes before you have to leave to work in Sainsbury your 1 year old spills Weetabix on your trousers

Surely the 'things nobody tells you about being a mum' is so overdone by now? I really can't imagine this book doing very well - the younger audience she still has won't be interested (when at least they were still buying the Robin Wilde books) and most parents will have other, better parenting books if they even want to buy books at all?

if I was expecting I'd be interested in reading about therapeutic parenting, the montessori methods, and some more scientific books about child development, not some drivel written by a 'mumfluencer' who never even looks after her own kids
No need to read parenting books we read one before our first came and it was bullshit

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Her book has given me the bleeping rage. Try actually working full time, I consider having it easy because I work from home most of the time BUT I do that because of my children, they’re both severely autistic with extremely high needs. After 2 weeks of 3 hours broken sleep it just wouldn’t be safe for me to commute to an office, so I chose somewhere that’d let me work from home everyday.

She’s got now bleeping idea about the real world. Aw diddums, her step mother was an evil cow and her dad didn’t believe her, that is truly tit, but why does she think she’s the only person in the world that’s happened to??? My actual real life dad was physically abusive until I was 17 and my real life mother did NOTHING, not only nothing, she regularly told 5 year old me that she was jealous of the relationship I had with my dad because we were so close. I grew up thinking it was normal to have bootprint marks and bruises, didn’t even consider that not all parents hit their children.
She’s so insensitive, repetitive and downright rude. She should scrap this book, use it as therapy, her desperate need to draw public attention to this is disturbing, especially going into such detail.
Im so sorry this happened to you i hope you are in a better place now i didn't have abuse persa but my mum used to let her friend hit me with belts if i wet myself yet ove only wver told tatttls0
Yeah she's got the fear now that only mums will buy it and that will affect sales so she's trying to open it up to everyone. It's clearly for mums, the entire thing is about pregnancy and #mumlife.

It's all going to be stuff we've heard a million times before though. If I hear her birth story with Darcy and the ptsd it gave her one more time I'm going to scream. And how magical her home birth was. She's trying to reel people in with the abuse stuff too but I bet it won't be much at all. Legally she won't be able to say anything too specific so she'll skirt around it as usual.
I love sharing my birth story tbh it wasn't traumatic but i do think hospitals should stop forcing breast feeding which louise never touches on does she or i havent heard it

Im so sorry this happened to you i hope you are in a better place now i didn't have abuse persa but my mum used to let her friend hit me with belts if i wet myself yet ove only wver told tatttls0

I love sharing my birth story tbh it wasn't traumatic but i do think hospitals should stop forcing breast feeding which louise never touches on does she or i havent heard it
I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and I was never forced to breast feed at all. They just asked me how I was planning to feed my baby and I said bottle, and they left it at that. But I do know that some midwives can be pushy about it which they shouldn't in this day and age. Pretty sure they wouldn't encourage bottle feeding until nearly 3 years old though.

Reactions: 5
I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and I was never forced to breast feed at all. They just asked me how I was planning to feed my baby and I said bottle, and they left it at that. But I do know that some midwives can be pushy about it which they shouldn't in this day and age. Pretty sure they wouldn't encourage bottle feeding until nearly 3 years old though.
Was extremely pushy to the point where they wouldn't provide bottles for us i was so upset after giving birth forcing milk out

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.