Louise Pentland #2 WWilde about the ad’s, oh my battery Is flashing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So would it have been in last Sunday’s bestseller list if it was going to be? Or could it be this Sunday?

If it doesn’t sell well I think she should blame the horrible change she made to the weekly.
The old weekly kept people interested, invested in her - so all her followers bought & recommended the book 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
So would it have been in last Sunday’s bestseller list if it was going to be? Or could it be this Sunday?

If it doesn’t sell well I think she should blame the horrible change she made to the weekly.
The old weekly kept people interested, invested in her - so all her followers bought & recommended the book 🤷‍♀️
Also though, it's the third in a series. If she'd written three standalone novels it would be different, but of course interest will dip with each book as you need to have read the previous one!

Reactions: 2
Well it's in the whsmith chart list at number 65 so not sure but thought The Sunday Times work in a similar way? She did flog the unimaginative not based on me and my family but really it is to death . I read quite a lot of chick lit to zone out from work , other authors in the charts like Heidi Swan Sophie Kinsella have new storlines, new story scenarios and characters. They both have new books out this week and made the charts.It 'll only be die hard sheep who will probably buy it and that will never be enough to compete in the highly competitive market with good story telling chick lit authors.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Think she’s with the same Publisher as Carrie Hope Fletcher. Carrie goes in bookshops, finds her books and randomly signs them as a surprise for the person buying it!
Good grief, I hope people are then given money off?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
She mentioned somewhere that this weeks weekly would be late due to her holiday and book tour. She's been working hard promoting her book which I take my hat off too - most of this online influences reach the top spot just by posting a simple story, at least Louise gets off her arse and helps draw the sales in.

There's been an issue with WHSmiths taking peoples money but not dispatching the book, this could have effected it's chart position as the sales dropped due to cancellations.

Yes totally why drag voting in anyway - and make sweeping clumsy generalisations about someone's personal choice? I think she thinks she is ever so clever and topical but that tweet came across as bullying, stupid and entitled. Can't believe I ever used to like her. She is just awful now. Imagine she is trying to find ways of backtracking from it as she thrives on being liked and relatable but she has just alienated a lot of her followers.
She’s thinks she’s witty and dry, she’s just a passive aggressive witch. Seems to be w YouTube train. First thing you learn at YouTube school.

Good grief, I hope people are then given money off?
Alfie used to do this. So cringe

She mentioned somewhere that this weeks weekly would be late due to her holiday and book tour. She's been working hard promoting her book which I take my hat off too - most of this online influences reach the top spot just by posting a simple story, at least Louise gets off her arse and helps draw the sales in.

There's been an issue with WHSmiths taking peoples money but not dispatching the book, this could have effected it's chart position as the sales dropped due to cancellations.
I would hardly call promoting her book 'working hard'! She gets put in a free hotel, turns up for an hours book signing then back to the hotel.

The top influencers do promote their book continually online and they also send it to all their friend bloggers to advertise which is what Louise also does.

No point blaming the WH Smith thing on the chart position. She clearly hasn't sold enough books. Amazon is a good indication and she's way down the charts on there. Lets face it...book 3 has been a disaster. She doesn't vlog properly anymore. She's too interested in getting into Television.

Wonder where she's going today in her instagram photo with her Ted Baker suitcase? Interesting that the rehearsals for Strictly start today! Imagine if she has been selected?!

Reactions: 5
Where did the book chart on the Sunday Times???

Louise has been awfully quiet

Reactions: 1
Where did the book chart on the Sunday Times???

Louise has been awfully quiet
Unless for some reason her sales won’t count for the Chart Sales until next week. Which may be possible, and she will be hoping because, otherwise, the book hasn’t simply flopped, it has well and truly sank harder than the Titanic.

This Sunday’s Sunday Times Fiction Hardback Top 10. You only needed sales of 1280 copies to get into the top 10.

The book can’t have performed THAT badly can it? Even Louise could surely have shifted 1280 copies in the UK of her book. If her sales counted for this weeks Charts she won’t be getting another book deal for anything else, that is embarrassing for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
1280 to get into the top ten???

I’ll publish my own book then and buy 1280 copies of it myself :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
1280 to get into the top ten???

I’ll publish my own book then and buy 1280 copies of it myself :ROFLMAO:
Books sell better as paperback because they are cheaper. Need to sell a fair whack more copies of a paperback to get in the top 10 paperback fiction charts. But paperback always comes a while after hardback release.

I won’t lie. I bought it for my kindle because I read the first one, forced myself to finish the second and I cannot stand not knowing the ending to something even if it’s a load of shite. Half a chapter in and it’s boring. Bloody Robin moaning about how hard her life is. Give it a rest love! She’s got a pretty amazing fictional life. Big house, good job, ‘amazing’ boyfriend, 50/50 custody of her child and Aunt Cath doing everything for her. And Louise tries to say that she isn’t Robin. Haha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I won’t lie. I bought it for my kindle because I read the first one, forced myself to finish the second and I cannot stand not knowing the ending to something even if it’s a load of shite. Half a chapter in and it’s boring. Bloody Robin moaning about how hard her life is. Give it a rest love! She’s got a pretty amazing fictional life. Big house, good job, ‘amazing’ boyfriend, 50/50 custody of her child and Aunt Cath doing everything for her. And Louise tries to say that she isn’t Robin. Haha
If she'd done something like Katie Price and wrote three autobiographies it would probably have been more interesting, though I suppose an autobiography isn't too far away if she' been at it for 10 years..

Yep I bet gleam literary book division were on the phone to as many mags as possible desperately trying to get exposure in the face a pretty tit sales, it only at 65 in the whsmiths chart. She claims she works so hard... She does her work at home in her bloody bed!!! Think of normal people who have to get off their arses to work in an office and take kids to childcare. She s shown or talked didly squat about her ww journey and eating healthier. She was out at Zizzi s and pizza in hotel bed with Darcey, take away lunches bought... She should have taken a salad box from homefor the train if she s really following WW. which she is not.She s just another influencer cash cow grabber.

Last edited:
Strange the magazine has billed it as ‘the laugh out loud one’ and the synopsis states she’s helping her postnatally depressed friend. Is PND funny? Not in my opinion 😡

• Wow
Oh my god 1,588th!!!!!!! No wonder gleam got it in a mag and she s not been her usual ramming it down our throats these last few days!!!! She s been positively restrained! First 3 strictly celebs being revealed on the one show tomorrow.. That 'll get her goat! I tried finding it on Waterstones chart since thats where she did all her signings. There's 48 books per page... I gave up by page 7.

• Wow
What is with Youtubers and writing books which are essentially about themselves? I haven’t read any of Louise’s books (and I will not, thank you very much) but that was a criticism of Zoe’s which I did read as I was around the age she was marketing too. Louise and Zoe both say how books have always been a passion for them (or something along those lines) but why is it when they get the opportunity to write some, they write about themselves? Surely you can imagine things more interesting that just your life with a few differences. There’s a difference between write what you know and write your life and change a couple things.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.