Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hattieliz

I have been a silent lurker for a couple months now since Brummy Mummy alerted me to the tattle life.

None of my friends watch vloggers so I am pleased I have found somewhere that I can say this and have people understand what I am taking about. I have been thinking this every time I watch the not so new anymore weekly. But I hate, hate hate hate hate hateeee how Louise sings “it’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, and I’m feeeeelling good. Du dunnn du dunnn du dunnn” at the start of every vlog. It grates on me more than anything else and any other vlogger.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Thing is we wouldn't know if Louise sees Esther or not cz she doesn't bloody vlog anymore! Just flings her subscribers 10 mins of a day where she's not doing anything, lazy slob.
Now that’s unfair, she props her camera up against the bath, removes her “72 hour stay put” makeup and finds ways to shade her dad at least every second week.

The New weekly..... but the same unresolved issues and inability to act like an adult.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Emlii

I know where you are coming from however I am in the traumatic birth category, emergency c section at 32 weeks, treated terrible by the midwife and anaesthetist and my baby had a brain hemorrhage at birth but I'll leave it there, I do find it frustrating when people are moaning about straightforward births trying to make them sound bad honestly I feel like slapping them and giving them a good shake!
Sorry,
You simply cannot play this game of ‘why is she moaning, mine was so much worse’ you have no idea what other people have been through or how they react or deal with it.
It’s like the my dads bigger than your dad you used to play in primary school.
Just leave it now.

Reactions: 27

EmCheese

VIP Member
No doubt be just a rip of version of wilde characters with children looking like Darcy and pearl off on outings with illustrations done by another author... Heavily edited by a children's author.. So no imaginative or creative writing.

I 've just commented on her Facebook asking when is the dummy fairy coming... And remind g her that dummies affect toddler development .. Teacher who has done nursery and reception and seen the effect. Wonder if she 'll post a caustic comment like she did liz!!!
Lecturing a second time mother about dummy concerns is a bit patronising imo. I don’t mean to be rude, it’s just, as a mum of two I really hate being told how to parent my own kids by strangers. Pearl is only 18 months old, I doubt she has the thing in all day long, it’s fine.

Everyone’s experience of birth and birth trauma is different, I’ve met women who have been traumatised by what appears to be a straightforward uncomplicated birth, because of many factors including how they were treated and made to feel. Please don’t belittle PTSD, however you feel about her.

• Haha

SwipeUpSally

Holy shit. I clicked on that link and had a skim of the first couple of pages... that is some of the worst writing I've come across, and I'm a high school English teacher. It's barely edited!! Run on sentences, passive voice, horribly written exposition... the editor must have totally checked out, or else this is the best she could manage with the drivel Louise sent her with it still technically able to be called 'her' writing. It reads like a shitty fanfiction that a 13 year old stan would write, having to fill in the blanks of 'adulthood' that they don't understand (and which Louise herself delegates out). Truly horrible. It seems to flip between continuous present and past tense, as well. What the...??????? I can only imagine that she actually realised it was utter crap and that's why she hasn't been as relentless with book promo, and seemingly writing 80% of it at the last minute with a foot wedged against her soft office door so her children couldn't bother her. She'll just collect the cheque and move on to her next project. Hopefully.

Edited to add: I just can't believe how awful this writing is. This is justa sentence picked at random from the first couple of pages. 1 sentence with 9(!!!!) commas, with two sets of parenthesis. Leaving aside the awkward phrasing, the naff acronym and the bizarre descriptors/adjectives.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

SwipeUpSally

Oh Louise, you clever, lazy-ass minx. In a podcast, she can just word vomit for 45mins/an hour and some post-production fairy (i.e. underpaid intern probably) will tizzy up the sound and bingbangboom there's your podcast. It's an EVEN LAZIER WAY for her to 'create content'. Twitter and instagram (and the 11 people who still use facebook) will give her topical topics to discuss (hurrdurr balancing work and motherhood ummmbumm social media and striving for perfection yadayada) and inane questions to answer, BYO humblebrag. She'll have guests, who will carry the show and be picked for their audience as opposed to their merit, and then like... 25% of it will be shittily singing the same 4 songs. No need to pretend to wash clean laundry that her cleaner has already washed, or push her baby through a twee village and not let them eat real food because it will mess up their #gifted outfit. She can repeat loudly and often that she's 'totes excited' she doesn't have to wear a bra, or put on make up, or hold up a camera, or make her house presentable or... anything, really, except talk about shit for an extended period of time. This medium was freaking MADE FOR HER.

It was inevitable that she start a podcast, I'm just surprised she hasn't turned her bedroom into a recording booth so she can do it from her 'soft office'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Ken Adams

I seriously can't imagine doing that. Booking a family holiday then contacting the company to see what freebies you can get... She can more than afford it too! Greedy.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I bet she wrote something cringey and faux modest inside.
'Hope you enjoy this wonderful villa as much as we did (*though it probably isn't free for you - soz!!!) and to add to it I've left this prezzie. You've probably read the previous ones several times so I thought it would be nice for you to relax chez poolside with my latest little offerino!!!
Seriously your loving and adoring it means so so much to me {{{tear stain inserted}}}. Tempting though it will be please don't take it with you but leave it for generations of visitors to this little slice of heaven. You can always purchase several copies when you get home - or even at the airport!
Love you, Louise (Pentland. Best selling Author)'.

*possibly didn't say this bit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

zeatrix83

VIP Member
I won’t lie. I bought it for my kindle because I read the first one, forced myself to finish the second and I cannot stand not knowing the ending to something even if it’s a load of shite. Half a chapter in and it’s boring. Bloody Robin moaning about how hard her life is. Give it a rest love! She’s got a pretty amazing fictional life. Big house, good job, ‘amazing’ boyfriend, 50/50 custody of her child and Aunt Cath doing everything for her. And Louise tries to say that she isn’t Robin. Haha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s 2.44am and I’m wide awake.....
Yet STILL not bored enough to watch this rubbish.

I clicked in
“Morning has broken......” 🎵🎵
NOPE. I’M OUT.
NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I bloody hate her arrogance in thinking she has a right to get into “traditional media” as she calls it. Not try to, not learn about, not work towards. She wants to be in traditional media, and that’s that, so obviously she should be given that opportunity. She had a breakdown interviewing Kylie Minogue and routinely cries and gets stressed over every minor thing. How would she cope as a TV presenter or whatever mental thing she wants to do? She is honestly so much ego. I always remember how through her pregnancy she kept making people touch her stomach and talk about her pregnancy and push her in wheelchairs and mention the bump and the baby every 4 fucking seconds. Me me me. I’ve gone on a tangent but basically my point is she thinks she is a huge deal and the centre of everyone’s world and her book should’ve gone to number one and oh hi it’s just me the new mummy columnist even though I barely parent my kids but aren’t I so great, who’s serving who (remember that one??), I’m so funny, the royals will be calling me for tea any second now lol lol soft office quirky pearly guuuuuurll aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh
That was the moment the scales fell from my eyes re Louise. I used to really like her. But the time she was blubbing when she learned her book had entered at number two on the Times bestseller list - I thought she was happy about that but no, she was upset it hadn't shot straight to number one. Then the emotional manipulation of her viewers to buy more copies get to number one so she shouldn't feel rejected and a failure. It really was bizarre to watch. 'I know I should be grateful {{{sob sob}}} and really I am {{{sob sob}}} but I just feel I worked so hard on this book and it was such an emotional project for me {{{more sobbing}}}. Silly me I know but part of me feels rejected all over again. I hoped more people would want to love and share my story'. (Not exactly those words but not far off). Sense of entitlement or what.

zeatrix83

VIP Member
She probably thinks of her tooth gap as quirky!
I have a gap in my teeth and bloody hate it. I feel self conscious about it. I was bullied in school for it too so obviously that destroyed any confidence I may have had. When I discovered Louise many moons ago I liked how her gap didn’t bother her. She still smiled widely and wasn’t trying to hide it.