Louise Pentland #19 Are you OK? Xxxxxxxxxx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just watching a video where Louise is answering questions and she said she is intrusive and goes through Darcy’s phone whenever she wants.. I don’t really know how I feel about that
I can understand having access to Instagram messages. My friend did that with her daughter. But going through WhatsApp groups and criticising her for being what Louise thinks is rude is awful. Louise you are not perfect so stop projecting onto your daughter that she needs to be. Darcy will probably end up in therapy at some point anyway.

Reactions: 9
Stuff like this makes me feel so much mum guilt. I’m the same as another poster on this thread… those earrings cost more than I’ve got in my bank and times like this I feel like I’m failing my son and won’t be able to provide 💔 seriously wish this whole social media career thing would crumble 😓
Don’t feel Mum guilt, Louise is just being OTT and extreme like she is with everything else. Those earrings are ridiculous

Reactions: 4
I can understand having access to Instagram messages. My friend did that with her daughter. But going through WhatsApp groups and criticising her for being what Louise thinks is rude is awful. Louise you are not perfect so stop projecting onto your daughter that she needs to be. Darcy will probably end up in therapy at some point anyway.
Agree so much with this, my parents expected perfection, I was the golden child and my younger sister was the black sheep much like pearl and darcy but with less $$ thrown at us. It resulted in anorexia, self harming, suicide attempts and spending years in therapy as an older teen because I couldn't cope with being anything less than perfect I had to punish myself.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Stuff like this makes me feel so much mum guilt. I’m the same as another poster on this thread… those earrings cost more than I’ve got in my bank and times like this I feel like I’m failing my son and won’t be able to provide 💔 seriously wish this whole social media career thing would crumble 😓
i know it's easier said than done when influencers like Louise are plastering stuff like this, and flaunting their wealth, all over social media, and it's natural to make comparisons - but try not to feel mum guilt. you may have less money in the bank BUT you aren't exploiting your son for content - that alone shows that you are not failing him! i may not know you or your family, but i promise that you are a far better mother than all the influencers who exploit their kids, and refuse to respect them, plastering every private detail of their lives all over the internet. and as much as I fully understand that worrying about money causes a hell of a lot of stress and I'm not trying to minimise that, I promise that your son will look back on his childhood and value the time you spent with him far mroe than the lack of expensive treats etc. money isn't going to buy Louise the relationship she wants with her daughter - especially when Darcy realises how her mother exploited her own childhood, money won't save their relationship because it's no compensation for the damage Louise's total disregard for her daughter's privacy has caused, especially if Darcy does end up being bullied. I know it doesn't help in the moment, but in terms of mum guilt, the fact that you are worrying about failing your son shows that you are a brilliant mother, simply bec you want the best for him and his future and that very much gives me - a total stranger - he impression that you care about your child far more than Louise is bothered about her kids, because for her, content is the priority, not their wellbeing. and honestly, if the content influencers like Louise share cause you to feel guilt because you are making comparisons, i would encourage you to avoid their content - their lives don't reflect reality, most of them have no concept of how it is to live in the current financial climate and worry about money etc. you are going great and you have nothing to feel guilty about. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m just watching a video where Louise is answering questions and she said she is intrusive and goes through Darcy’s phone whenever she wants.. I don’t really know how I feel about that
I think all parents should be doing this for preteens/young teenagers tbh

Reactions: 7
Don’t feel Mum guilt, Louise is just being OTT and extreme like she is with everything else. Those earrings are ridiculous
i also get the impression that Louise is constantly in competition with D's dad - in a way that he likely isn't even aware of - but she seems desperate to be Darcy's favourite parent, and her answer is to spend money on Darcy - take her on holidays and day trips and buy her expensive tutus and earrings etc, intent on buying her daughter's love as a way to impress her etc, presumably because that is how SHE interprets love, as having spent money on her etc, but Louise constantly trying to outdo Matt is actually far nroe likely to backfire than impress Darcy, especially when Louise makes it very obvious that all the money she spends on her are simply compensation for her having had her entire life exploited all over social media since birth. 🤷🏻‍♂️
---
🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
god I remember getting so upset after losing one of my £9 each earrings in PE
I just can’t imagine what darcy would feel if she lost one or both of hers

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.