Louise Pentland #18 The wedding dress was just for clout, Darcy's the fav, Pearl's still left out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really understand why Louise isn't using her wedding as more inspiration for her content. She could squeeze so much content out of the wedding preparations, buying the dress, visiting venues etcetera. It would also be interesting to hear how she navigates it as a divorced woman. After her divorce she spent a few months trying to be more honest about her life on social media (the YouTube videos about the terrible dates, her being dumped etc.) I enjoyed that content a lot, because it showed us who she really was. It showed her the way she used to portray herself before she had Darcy even. I think it could bring quite a bit of her old audience back to her, because her honesty made her likeable. She's so far removed from reality these days.

Reactions: 25
I don't really understand why Louise isn't using her wedding as more inspiration for her content. She could squeeze so much content out of the wedding preparations, buying the dress, visiting venues etcetera. It would also be interesting to hear how she navigates it as a divorced woman. After her divorce she spent a few months trying to be more honest about her life on social media (the YouTube videos about the terrible dates, her being dumped etc.) I enjoyed that content a lot, because it showed us who she really was. It showed her the way she used to portray herself before she had Darcy even. I think it could bring quite a bit of her old audience back to her, because her honesty made her likeable. She's so far removed from reality these days.
I think she doesn't cos she's so insecure about the whole thing, she hates that she's divorced and it makes her feel less than the picture perfect image she tries to put out there.
Also it's probably hard to be passionate about a wedding when you've no enthusiasm for your fiance 😂 Liam's about as exciting as a bag of rice to her, I've seen her look at a can of diet coke with more love.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Glad Louise’s followers suggested paperchase for wedding planners, she wouldn’t have been able to think of that on her own 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I friend bought me a special wedding planner file as an engagement present back in 2015. I loved the idea of keeping all the brochures, fabric samples, invoices etc as little memories to look back on. 7 years on (still happily married) and I chucked it in the bin a few weeks ago as it was a tatty old file with nothing really relevant anymore.

I wouldn’t waste the money…but then again when money isn’t an issue, or it can be #adgifted

Reactions: 5
Everything having to be a "thing" is a good point. It's very tiresome, and it's clearly so she can be all "aesthetic" and take photos of it for Instagram.

Reactions: 6
She has planned a wedding before. It should be a piece of piss. I planned one using 2 pages of a notepad. It took an hour. My marriage was ultimately more important than the planning.
you have perfectly highlighted the issue. Louise is focusing on the wedding planning - the planners, the stationery, the dresses, the personalised bridesmaid gifts, the favours, the location, the seating plan etc etc because she sees her future wedding, and the planning it entails, as content - and a way to blag herself loads of #gifted freebies. she perceives planning the perfect fairytale wedding as content, thus her priority is posed photos and question boxes and sharing links to ensure her followers feel involved in the process, which increases engagement. planning her wedding is going to create endless content, thus she perceives it as part of her job - and ultimately, that's the priority. even the wedding itself - if it actually goes ahead - will all be about capturing the perfect photos and creating fairytale IG content, with the marriage itself always falling into second place. the marriage and the ceremony and cementing the amicable relationship they have both settled for isn't the priority, because Liam isn't the priority - thus why i don't even think the wedding will actually happen. she will spend forever in the planning stages, because ultimately, love isn't the focus. the planning is far more important to her than the wedding itself and her "good egg" of a future-husband. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 11
I feel like she’s reluctant to make too much wedding content which is focused on her wedding / her because she knows that there’s a good chance this wedding is just never going to happen.

even if it’s a subconscious feeling. There’s something holding her back.

Reactions: 12
I think she doesn't cos she's so insecure about the whole thing, she hates that she's divorced and it makes her feel less than the picture perfect image she tries to put out there.
Also it's probably hard to be passionate about a wedding when you've no enthusiasm for your fiance 😂 Liam's about as exciting as a bag of rice to her, I've seen her look at a can of diet coke with more love.
I don't think Louise will ever love anyone more than her precious Darcy and herself, of course.

She clearly doesn't love Liam and I do wonder if that is why she doesn't treat Pearl very well.

Reactions: 3
Can't believe she's said she was 'alone' after the birth of Darcy. This women really is a piece of work. Whilst I don't know much about Matt, it sounded harsh.

Reactions: 9
There's also not that much to plan really. If you get a good venue they'll recommend vendors and they tend to communicate with each other about the details if they've worked together before. She wants a planner so she can buy something else she doesn't need.
Also surely someone who spends 3,000£ on Xmas decorations will pay a human wedding planner to plan her wedding?

Can't believe she's said she was 'alone' after the birth of Darcy. This women really is a piece of work. Whilst I don't know much about Matt, it sounded harsh.
I think it was to do with the hospital rules rather than Matt himself, which is why she had a home birth for Pearl

I think it was to do with the hospital rules rather than Matt himself, which is why she had a home birth for Pearl
yeah wasn't he made to go home after certain hours? and she had ppd/ppa and didn't bond with Darcy for a while?

Reactions: 4
I was watching tiktoks and tell me why this girl looks exactly like Louise? It's not just me right???
Screenshot_20221107-230721~2.png

Reactions: 15
She says she was sat on her sofa at home though so she wasn't even in hospital at the time.
Ah, if this is referencing the reel visiting Marie… Matt was most likely back at work and Louise has talked extensively, in her blog / book / vlogs about how isolating motherhood was to begin with, which again is probably why she did everything differently with Pearl.

Reactions: 2
Ah, if this is referencing the reel visiting Marie… Matt was most likely back at work and Louise has talked extensively, in her blog / book / vlogs about how isolating motherhood was to begin with, which again is probably why she did everything differently with Pearl.
Yet clearly doesn't have a bond with Pearl whatsoever. Odd given she felt she did things so differently.

the irony of Louise sharing this post, when she is literally one of the people on SM who causes other parents and families to feel such pressure to create the "perfect" Christmas.

Louise talks proudly about the £3k to £5k she spends annually on having her house professionally decorated for Christmas, her house filled with multiple Christmas trees, she dresses the girls in matching christmas pyjamas and has previously done #ads where she encourages other people to buy them, she shares photos of the girls in twirly dresses posed with santa every single year and has absolutely no qualms sharing photos of the huge piles of presents under the Christmas tree, the girls posed opening gifts and details of the contents of the girls' Christmas eve boxes!

the message she is sending by sharing this post is basically "don't worry if you aren't as lucky and privileged as me! you can still have a happy Christmas - even without fancy decorations and advent calendars and presents and food and clothes and heating! don't compare yourself to influencers on social media - your kids may not have the magical Christmas that i create for my girls, but it can still be nice! your Christmas is your Christmas and my Christmas is my Christmas! just tell yourself that everything you see on SM is content, it isn't real and there is no need to compare or feel that your attempts to make your kid's happy is inferior - although obvs all the content i share is very real and perfectly represents my family Christmas, and I will continue to plaster all my extortionately-proced decorations and the gifts I buy for their girls and all their new pairs of matching festive pyjamas and bedding and dresses because it's just content! duck making other people feel bad or in any way good enough! it's not my fault, it's just my job!" 👌🏻🙄

*and hey, if you follow my tips and simply budget better, you could put aside £3k+ to save and spend on tacky Christmas decorations for next year, ditch the tinsel and have a Christmas just like mine! 😡

Screenshot_20221109_183738_com.instagram.android_edit_3166632356145976.jpg

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
the irony of Louise sharing this post, when she is literally one of the people on SM who causes other parents and families to feel such pressure to create the "perfect" Christmas.

Louise talks proudly about the £3k to £5k she spends annually on having her house professionally decorated for Christmas, her house filled with multiple Christmas trees, she dresses the girls in matching christmas pyjamas and has previously done #ads where she encourages other people to buy them, she shares photos of the girls in twirly dresses posed with santa every single year and has absolutely no qualms sharing photos of the huge piles of presents under the Christmas tree, the girls posed opening gifts and details of the contents of the girls' Christmas eve boxes!

the message she is sending by sharing this post is basically "don't worry if you aren't as lucky and privileged as me! you can still have a happy Christmas - even without fancy decorations and advent calendars and presents and food and clothes and heating! don't compare yourself to influencers on social media - your kids may not have the magical Christmas that i create for my girls, but it can still be nice! your Christmas is your Christmas and my Christmas is my Christmas! just tell yourself that everything you see on SM is content, it isn't real and there is no need to compare or feel that your attempts to make your kid's happy is inferior - although obvs all the content i share is very real and perfectly represents my family Christmas, and I will continue to plaster all my extortionately-proced decorations and the gifts I buy for their girls and all their new pairs of matching festive pyjamas and bedding and dresses because it's just content! duck making other people feel bad or in any way good enough! it's not my fault, it's just my job!" 👌🏻🙄

*and hey, if you follow my tips and simply budget better, you could put aside £3k+ to save and spend on tacky Christmas decorations for next year, ditch the tinsel and have a Christmas just like mine! 😡

View attachment 1717386
This 100%

I don't know how she dared to post that to her stories when she has just decorated her house with £3k's worth of tat 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.