Louise Pentland #14 Exploit my kids? Surely not me! I'm the #1 ambassador of NSPCC!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Darcy starts secondary school next September and she’s still being dressed like a 3 year old Victorian child. 😭
My God. The way she dresses with Louise, I thought she was around 7.... I forgot she is almost a teen 🥲

I have a coat like that from Zara 🤣 but it's hip length. I love it but only wear it on special occasions

Reactions: 6
My God. The way she dresses with Louise, I thought she was around 7.... I forgot she is almost a teen 🥲

I have a coat like that from Zara 🤣 but it's hip length. I love it but only wear it on special occasions
How old is she? In my head she’s about 8ish. Was shocked when I saw people saying about her going to secondary school next year.

Reactions: 9
I think the coat is lovely, but it does make Darcy look younger than she is, especially paired with the dress, shoes and bow. Also, could Louise be more flipping obvious? Her:“Can you guess what we saw that made me think of Pearl?” Me, to myself:”Um, something with pearls in/on it, possibly?”. Cue picture of oysters with pearls in as Christmas decorations in one pic!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Personally think it’s nice coat that’s fairly age appropriate as a “posh coat”. It’s definitely not as bad as some people are making out. There’s so much pressure on girls to look or act a certain way by a certain age. There’s far too many 10/11 year olds running around my town dressing like they’re 15/16 is kind of refreshing not see another parent allowing it. I’d rather my kid looked a bit younger than tried to make themselves look far older.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Personally think it’s nice coat that’s fairly age appropriate as a “posh coat”. It’s definitely not as bad as some people are making out. There’s so much pressure on girls to look or act a certain way by a certain age. There’s far too many 10/11 year olds running around my town dressing like they’re 15/16 is kind of refreshing not see another parent allowing it. I’d rather my kid looked a bit younger than tried to make themselves look far older.
I agree! I think it’s a nice posh coat which is pretty age-appropriate. I nanny, and the girl is nearly 10. Her mum won’t let her wear anything cropped, and the school has rules about not letting the children wear items that are too short/revealing. We’re in France, so no uniforms here. I often wish there were! It’s also really hard to find her games/gifts in general as it either seems too babyish or too grown-up for her!

Reactions: 13
I'm totally with you. It's a beautiful coat and I'd wear it myself for special work events. Yes she might be turning 11 soon, but I swear there is no rule that you can't wear Victorian coats past a certain age. I thought the coat was going to be garish with sequins so this is a very plesant surprise.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I watched Louise’s recent video, and it’s the first I’ve watched in years - I originally came to her channel when she and Zoe were still best friends. I think it was nice hearing about her life update, but I absolutely skipped over the portion where she was talking about her bags. Sure it’s free content to view - that doesn’t mean she isn’t getting anything out of it, and it’s not bad that people would rather not listen to a good ten minute ad.

Reactions: 7
Literally only check this thread every few weeks to see if Louise still dresses her children like victorian ghosts. Today gets a "check" on victorian ghost children.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Yes, but I would draw the line at dressing an almost 11 year old to match her three year old sister, that is totally Louise! I'm surprised she doesn't dress herself to match them too! I know seven year old twins who refuse to be dressed alike!

I'm totally with you. It's a beautiful coat and I'd wear it myself for special work events. Yes she might be turning 11 soon, but I swear there is no rule that you can't wear Victorian coats past a certain age. I thought the coat was going to be garish with sequins so this is a very plesant surprise.
Perhaps to a dressy occasion but it was a warmish day trip toLondon and Louise wore a denim jacket! That totally smacks of Instagram photoshoot incoming! Put Darcy in a comfy outfit and not in a big heavy coat just for looks sake!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It’s a lovely coat but I live in London and it’s still jumper and jacket weather - I wore a scarf and was sweltering

Reactions: 3
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a gorgeous coat! I think the issue comes more from is it Darcy choosing to wear the coat (or her clothes in general) or is it Louise, and I think we all know it’s Louise. There are fashion choices I cringe at seeing my daughter make, and there are some I definitely let her know she isn’t old enough for yet, but the point is, with guidance, Darcy is at an age she should be allowed to make choices. No awkward tween is choosing to dress that perfectly. They may get it right here and there but not for every shot.

Reactions: 5
I felt bad for darcy in the toy shop when Louise kept pointing out stuff pearl would like. I'm not saying she shouldn't talk about her at all but darcy was saying she liked the toy too and louise still brought it back to pearl

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I felt bad for darcy in the toy shop when Louise kept pointing out stuff pearl would like. I'm not saying she shouldn't talk about her at all but darcy was saying she liked the toy too and louise still brought it back to pearl
I wouldn’t worry. That’s the first time Pearl’s been given attention over Darcy since Pearl was born :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.