Louise Pentland #10 Nicole navigates content I create, kids increase my engagement rate!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do I think spending all that money on decs is terrible? Yes.
Do I think she may also claim these as tax deductions since her home is her YT workspace and the decor is for her vids? Yes.
Do I think that is still okay to spend all that cash? No.
Can an accountant step in and let me know if decs could be claimed on tax returns in a job like that. Please. Thank you.
I'm not an accountant but I have been researching this topic for years now because of influencers like Louise.

She cant claim it back on businesses expenses or as tax deductible based on the claim it is needed as a backdrop in her video bc it wouldn't be classed as 'essential' for her business to run. If she used that logic of a backdrop, she could relate it to everything. Could you imagine? "I need this lamp as a backdrop" = business expense. "Oh let me put this Gucci bag here as a back drop" = Business expense. She could claim her whole house back if it worked like that! But thankfully it doesnt!

She could say a car is a business expense if she uses it to get to meetings and her main place of work is her home. Or she could say train tickets are an expense as she could back this up by saying "I needed to buy these to attend meetings in London" and have proof of said meetings.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remember how she used to decorate her old house in tinsel and tacky decor. I think shes always just had tacky taste but would love to have a more classic look that provides the wow factor so now she hires someone. I really don't care about how much she spends its her money but what pisses me off is the you can do it too post. How patronising and tone deaf in the current climate.

I really think that if she hadnt been friends with Zoe and then the brit crew boys by extension she wouldn't have been successful. I like her but only found her through the others. I remember some other youtuber making a nasty comment about looking through beauty gurus looking for hot women and finding her. He said something about her teeth and Alfie stuck up for which lead me to subscribe to her.

I feel shes never really found her niche though so no not everyone can do it and in fact she seems to be struggling to do it and find interesting content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I've just watched the latest wardrobe organisation led there via this thread because I stopped watching Louise when she started playing the victim every vlog over feeling overwhelmed with work and motherhood and life.

What kind of lazy arse needs people to come in to organise their wardrobe. Sorry I mean giant bedroom sized dressing room. Not only that- all of the stuff!!! 7 bags for charity. Umpteen bags for the loft. A whole wardrobe space for bags.... would this not have made a great fresh come back vlog- like a let a get real guys we all get overwhelmed with laundry and putting away, look at the state this room has got in. I'm gonna give it a sort and tidy come along with me....

But no, like with my Xmas decorations going up in November, I'm going to throw my money at stuff I could be doing myself.

Let's put this in perspective louise how do you think every other mum, single mum, dad finds the motivation and time to do stuff like this!! Banging on about how you've taken on the role of mentoring new businesses when you can't even commit to your own with original ideas (you tube!)

You can cry all you want about how overwhelming this year has been for you but you got the pennies to not have to work so hard, you got a business, many businesses, you got a variety of incomes and you got the money behind you to pay for mental health support if you need it as well as the capacity for childcare should you take up any support. Others are making do with year long waking lists, losing their jobs, have virtually no income and having to hold it all together for their kids.

She is the most unrelatable mummy blogger going.

Reactions: 10
The woman who for years kept cringily begging to go on strictly... Yet can't/wknt even sort her own clothes and household tit or decorate own house for Xmas and thought she could Strictly.. Hey lazy you wudnt have been able to hire someone to do the rehearsals for you!!😆

Reactions: 9
I think Louise always hams up the 'so stressed! mum-life is so hard!' thing because she is so hellbent on being relatable, but the truth is she's in a very different position from a lot of her viewers and so it aggravates people rather than endears her to them

Reactions: 14
I know she'd never go on I'm a celeb but I wonder how she feels about Gi Fletcher going on it...

Reactions: 2
an you imagine her being python empty the dunny duty!!😆😆😆 she can't even pick up her own clothes!!! And put on cooking duty! No packets of cheese pasta or tubs of Philadelphia chesse!!! She wouldn't fit in a hammock/ camp bed it would break and she d have to sleep on the floor!!! Wash her own hair!!!! Far too much of a challenge!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The Christmas decor expense is bad enough but if she chooses to throw money and memories away then thats her call. For me, the closet thing is more tone deaf. For someone who doesn't like to show off her wealth she doesn't have a problem shoving her excessive belongings in peoples faces. And also she doesn't even acknowledge how lucky she is to have, what, 6 wardrobes worth of tit? And as far as relatable goes.. sorry Sophie and mia you seem like nice girls but if I had money to be spending on an organisation service I hope I'd be spending it on something more worthwhile.

Reactions: 8
Showing how to save £4 on wrapping paper and saying how all the little things help... just after she’s dropped £3k on her bleeping decorations in the wrong month. During a time when people are losing their jobs. The bleeping audacity.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Also when she did become "crafty mum" apart from those glitter tit sticks when has she ever done crafty things?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes she never does anything messy... Bloody make playdo with the girls...easy recipes online ... Darcy read out and weigh out the ingredients as she s 9 .. Pearl pour and stir... Add bloody glitter... I 've added bottles of cooking flavours to add smell eg. lemon, orange from the baking section in the supermarket... She is such an uninspring bloody self titled muminfluencer.😖😤 THis website is lovely... I 've never used glycerine so leave it out.. Been making playdo 23 years... 8 yrs as early years teacher but by then my daughter was 9 when I started. Lazylou I was in income support from daughter she 2 to 8 and I needed the toys books from the charity shop... Leave them for pple on low income,,, buy from a local online bookseller as you can bloody afford to. If buy and give to the foidbank/ northwest women's refuge charity...she makes my bloody blood boil. That 5 k on Xmas decos... Just think how many deprived homes she could have helped... Igot the company she hired to go and decorate a children's home or old people home instead of hers. I will now drink my gin and breathe!!

Last edited:
Going back to the ‘I was a receptionist on 16k a year’ was she not living with Matt then, who would have been working, so his wages would have added towards that? Also whilst she may not have the best relationship with her dad, he’s loaded so I assume if she was ever caught short with money he would have lent her some and she would never be in any financial hardship.

Reactions: 19
Going back to the ‘I was a receptionist on 16k a year’ was she not living with Matt then, who would have been working, so his wages would have added towards that? Also whilst she may not have the best relationship with her dad, he’s loaded so I assume if she was ever caught short with money he would have lent her some and she would never be in any financial hardship.
And she inherited money from her grandmother that her father said she had to use on a house in Northampton

Reactions: 4
I've never liked Louise, always thought she was stuck up and obnoxious, even in her more humble days. But this is horrifying. Spending 3k on christmas decorations and however much on having her clothes folded while people are dying, losing jobs and struggling financially and mentally. She likes to pretend she's aware of her privilege but really has no idea. She'll continue to live in a vast luxurious house, wasting cash on useless tit and pretending she's some saintly mother theresa esque goddess who oh so kindly donates to charity shops. So fed up with her and her token gestures of kindness like the occasional nod to feminism and being a good egg to homeless people at christmas. Maybe she should use her yearly financial spreadsheet to set aside some of her millions to charity. She's the absolute definition of a word rhyming with bunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It takes a lot for me to unfollow people these days since I left my own influencing side away I don't really use IG that much. But it's so painful watching someone claim to be relatable and such a fun mum 'I'm just like you' throw away SO much money when parents like me and many others are wondering how they're affording a tree, presents and even food this Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Exactly. Her whole thing is putting the onus on poor people to get out of poverty which is just gross imo.

16k a year but able to buy a property? That just shows how much inheritance she was given for her down payment on her property!! No bank is ever lending to anyone only making 16k, even if Matt's name was also on the deed, it would have only been join income of about 45k. Boggles my mind how she thinks thats normal and NOT privileged?

I can readily admit my privilege when it comes to finances, parental support and general middle class lifestyle but Louise finds this so hard and I really dont know why? Its not hard to ask yourself if you've had an easy life and come to terms with it. Like okay, you were dealt with some tit with your step mother but you had a lovely mother who you still rave about, your father supports your job and increases your income with business ventures and schemes, you would not be able to do yourself and yet here she is, always playing the "I was poor once" card??? You were never destitute Louise, your millionaire father would've paid off your mortgage if you had been in hardship and your husband was on a decent teaching salary of at least 25k a year but most likely MORE as he teaches in a private school. FFS. I cant cope.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.