Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Yeah, Carrie definitely seems a bit jaded. I didn't know it was Miguel's job that was keeping them in London. I thought he could pretty much work anywhere once he had a computer/equipment. Goes to show I know absolutely nothing about his job! I'm sure if he was prepared to do a commute, they could find a place near enough to London that would allow them to buy and also give them a bit of countryside living? I dunno, it seems odd to me to keep renting and to keep putting off having a family if what you actually want is to settle down, buy a house and start a family - and this seems to be the case with her.

Reactions: 1

d0llhouse

Does anyone know if Hannah Ricketts has a thread? I've only just discovered her channel and I want to know more!
Is she rich?
I like her videos so far but I've noticed she's very negative.
It's in the Rave section but, unsurprisingly, it's started to turn...

Heart Zeena, Liv, Wishwishwish, Charlotte jacklin it’s all a bit boring now. All berets and cups of tea, dreamy and whimsical. Also wonder what their partners must think living in such pink puffy frilly curated homes.

bugeyeboo

I wondered the same! I’d noticed the ring thing a while ago and all the solo (+Arlo) trips. I thought it strange from the wedding they were both at last weekend there were no pictures of them together. Really hope everything is ok!
she’s painting her living room with friends, no sign of Joe. In Kristabel’s stories recently she was going on about being in the season of friends getting divorced which I thought was an unveiled dig.

• Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I'd seen this too, the only thing I had noticed before this was a previous story talking about nurse appreciation week (I think that's what it was called) and in that story, she mentioned little A had been getting blood tests done but she was hopeful that all is ok. So I hope all is well!
Oh, I hope everything is OK!

Olivia’s wedding looked lovely but I’ve now seen it on a wedding blog and on her own site and on both she talks about finding cheaper cutlery and budgeting money on the things that are important to you...her own dress was a press discount and all her bridesmaids dresses were free and I’m sure that wasn’t the extent of it! Of COURSE you wouldn’t turn any of that down, why would you, but I would refrain from mentioning budgeting in the same piece as disclosing freebies. Slightly galling to read when you’re raiding the tin cupboard and working overtime to make the wedding budget stretch further!

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I’ve wondered this too! I had assumed she didn’t go to Liv’s party because there were no pictures of her at all and that’s not like her, she isn’t a camera shy person in the least!

When she was saying a while back about having a tough time I wondered if it was a TTC thing; I remember her talking about having PCOS before which can make conceiving more challenging.
When Carrie wrote that 'tough time' post I wondered if she'd had a miscarriage.

• Sad

clueless

Chatty Member
Radio silence from Liv the past couple of days on Instagram, she’s normally very active on Stories. I wonder if she’s had her baby!

clueless

Chatty Member
It's lovely and very her, though I was surprised by its location and the type of house - from her IG I had assumed it was a detached house, isolated in the middle of the countryside, surrounded by fields!

macrofriendly

VIP Member
Does anyone know if Hannah Ricketts has a thread? I've only just discovered her channel and I want to know more!
Is she rich?
I like her videos so far but I've noticed she's very negative.

clueless

Chatty Member
I've followed Carrie for ages. Along with Mademoiselle Robot, she was probably the first fashion blogger I followed. I still follow her on Instagram, as I still mostly like her style (I know she looks like she's stuck in time warp, but I quite like that). Anyway, the thing that strikes me about her is that her career doesn't seem to have progressed like some of the rest of these influencers; she still seems at the same level as she was years back, although she does get some Marc Jacobs ads (I think maybe a Chloé ad too?) and she is gifted quite a lot of nice stuff from Sézane. She often strikes me as being quite unfulfilled. She has spoken a few times about wanting to start a family, but they have put this off as they are not homeowners, and so it is not the right time. I have no idea why they are not homeowners, as her husband seems to have a pretty good job (working on Star Wars and the like) and others in her field seem to have no problem snapping up property. They have been renting for a long time now. Must be over a decade. I feel like she is maybe stuck in a bit of a rut.

As for Liv, I have never really warmed to her, even though she seems perfectly pleasant. I don't know why I haven't taken to her. I think it's because I often find myself rolling my eyes at her 'Insecure girls club' shtick. She strikes me as anything but insecure!
I completely agree with this. Carrie doesn't seem to have progressed like some others, although she does still get some great partnerships/giftings from time to time that I'm still envious of! So much of her content was travel related and I understand this has been put on pause, but I'd love to see her getting back to her blogging roots again; there was a time she blogged regularly about non-travel things as well, so I don't think there's much of an excuse to not be blogging more; her last post was on Christmas decorations, on 1st December! Nearly two months ago. Though with her blog being so polished, perhaps 'old-school' style posts could be considered a bit of a step back (although I miss those days, and she says she misses them too, so she could try and find a way to make them work?! She's usually creative) ... or maybe she doesn't enjoy it as much anymore or is a bit jaded? And I agree, they've been renting for an awfully long time now. I seen she did a True/False Q&A on Instagram recently and she had said about how she'd like to eventually move to the countryside and start a family if they can, but her husband's work is keeping them in London for the time being. That's a tough one to find a compromise on. I hope that she's content though, as I know what it's like to feel unfulfilled and to just be floating along.

Gosh yeah, 'the Insecure Girls Club'... Liv doesn't strike me as insecure either!

blondelolita

Chatty Member
I used to love both of them, but I agree Carrie loves herself too much. I adore Kristabel who is from a similar group, she’s a lot more down to earth about everything, travel, lifestyle etc.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
It's lovely and very her, though I was surprised by its location and the type of house - from her IG I had assumed it was a detached house, isolated in the middle of the countryside, surrounded by fields!
Did you find it on Rightmove?

From her IG I also got the impression it was a detached house in the middle of the countryside- so I'd be interested to see what it actually looks like!

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It’s because she can’t drive!! And castle Cary has a station with direct links to London. I’m 90% sure that’s why she chose to live here. I live pretty local to her and if you want links to London and can’t drive out to the stations you need to live somewhere like that. Bruton wells Frome etc all have much smaller train stations
Wells doesn’t have a train station :( there was talk that they were going to re commission the one in Shepton but that came to nothing. Mendip is sorely lacking in public transport.

annanuttall

VIP Member
I know she’s from shepton as my friend went to school with her. But we think she’s now too snobby to live there, we assume it’s within the area still but maybe one of the villages, she’s being very cryptic 😂😂😂
What was she like at school?