London bloggers: WishWishWish, What Olivia Did etc...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted to make a thread to discuss various London bloggers, rather than creating a couple of different threads, I hope this is ok? We can discuss whoever doesn't have a thread of their own here?

So what's everyone's thoughts on WishWishWish and What Olivia Did? I used to love them both and followed them with interest, but this past while I've got a bit tired of them. I found them particularly condescending and eye-roll-inducing in their political pushing and talk around election time (I personally don't like influencers discussing politics, I find it so patronising, but that's just my opinion).

Carrie from WishWishWish has lovely photography and I think she puts in a lot of effort for her ad work, but she just seems so, so vain. I get the feeling that if she were chocolate, she'd eat herself! And that half smile she does all the time. I think I've just got a bit bored, her blog isn't what it used to be since she's gone full time.

I like Olivia's writing style and she's a really beautiful girl, but I think she's got a bit big headed too. I like her more than Carrie, though. But did any of you see the photos she put out recently? It's like when she was looking at the photographs, she was so caught up in admiring her own beauty, she didn't even see how filthy her pot was? It looks absolutely stinking, and if you can't wash it, at least Photoshop it to make it look half decent? 🤷‍♀️ nobody passed any remark about it on IG, but I just had to share it:

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 20.18.04.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 20.18.14.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 20.18.21.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 20.18.31.png

Reactions: 1
I used to love both of them, but I agree Carrie loves herself too much. I adore Kristabel who is from a similar group, she’s a lot more down to earth about everything, travel, lifestyle etc.

I used to love both of them, but I agree Carrie loves herself too much. I adore Kristabel who is from a similar group, she’s a lot more down to earth about everything, travel, lifestyle etc.
Yes Kristabel seems lovely! I also forgot to add into my original post, that I seen someone on GOMI ages ago had said they’d met Carrie at a party once and she was snobby/stuck up, no more was said but I can believe that.

Olivia’s wedding looked lovely but I’ve now seen it on a wedding blog and on her own site and on both she talks about finding cheaper cutlery and budgeting money on the things that are important to you...her own dress was a press discount and all her bridesmaids dresses were free and I’m sure that wasn’t the extent of it! Of COURSE you wouldn’t turn any of that down, why would you, but I would refrain from mentioning budgeting in the same piece as disclosing freebies. Slightly galling to read when you’re raiding the tin cupboard and working overtime to make the wedding budget stretch further!

Olivia’s wedding looked lovely but I’ve now seen it on a wedding blog and on her own site and on both she talks about finding cheaper cutlery and budgeting money on the things that are important to you...her own dress was a press discount and all her bridesmaids dresses were free and I’m sure that wasn’t the extent of it! Of COURSE you wouldn’t turn any of that down, why would you, but I would refrain from mentioning budgeting in the same piece as disclosing freebies. Slightly galling to read when you’re raiding the tin cupboard and working overtime to make the wedding budget stretch further!
Her wedding looked lovely, and I agree with you, if she was being gifted a lot of it why wouldn’t you accept that? It would be great! But as you say, it’s galling to read her talking about budgeting when budgeting clearly wasn’t an issue for her. I think she was trying to stretch out the wedding content for extra blog posts, and to make it more relatable, but she’s not really in a position to advise on it. And she’s certainly not hard up- her wedding shoes alone were £1.4k (I don’t think they were gifted)!!

That pot is minging!

I had to unfolloe Liv. There's not many influencers who I genuinely envy, but she gets great clothes gifted, travels to lovely places for free and her husband makes a living off it too - it made me so jealous and experience all the ugly emotions social media can bring out in us at bad times. I would never, ever want to be an influencer so it makes no sense to be jealous of something I'd never attempt but I was, so I stopped.

Reactions: 2
Her wedding looked lovely, and I agree with you, if she was being gifted a lot of it why wouldn’t you accept that? It would be great! But as you say, it’s galling to read her talking about budgeting when budgeting clearly wasn’t an issue for her. I think she was trying to stretch out the wedding content for extra blog posts, and to make it more relatable, but she’s not really in a position to advise on it. And she’s certainly not hard up- her wedding shoes alone were £1.4k (I don’t think they were gifted)!!
This is PURE envy, I completely admit it, but if my videographer, dress, bridesmaids dresses, make up, perfume and god knows what else was free, I could have afforded to have splashed out on my shoes too! It was a beautiful wedding though and they obviously picked things they wanted, then were offered discount, they weren’t picking things just for discount so as I said, who could blame them for accepting!

Reactions: 3
I used to follow wish wish wish absolutely years ago and I became soooo tired of her. She just seemed so up herself.

Don't follow Wish Wish Wish.

I still follow Liv and like her style of writing although I don't read her blog as much now.

Someone that I still really LOVE is Laura Bradshaw (Tiny Twist). Followed her for YEARS and she still seems genuine and sweet. I also like Corrie from DizzyBrunette although she is Shropshire based.

Another PT London based blogger I used to follow was Llymlrs. I remember she was the blogging "it girl" in like 2010. She seems to have had MH problems and faded into obscurity.

Last edited:

I still follow Liv and like her style of writing although I don't read her blog as much now.

Someone that I still really LOVE is Laura Bradshaw (Tiny Twist). Followed her for YEARS and she still seems genuine and sweet. I also like Corrie from DizzyBrunette although she is Shropshire based.

Another PT London based blogger I used to follow was Llymlrs. I remember she was the blogging "it girl" in like 2010. She seems to have had MH problems and faded into obscurity.
Yes I forgot about Lily, I used to follow her, Rhiannon Ashlee (fashionrocksmysocks), Paige Joanna all the time!

That pot is minging!

I had to unfolloe Liv. There's not many influencers who I genuinely envy, but she gets great clothes gifted, travels to lovely places for free and her husband makes a living off it too - it made me so jealous and experience all the ugly emotions social media can bring out in us at bad times. I would never, ever want to be an influencer so it makes no sense to be jealous of something I'd never attempt but I was, so I stopped.
I feel the same, I’m envious of her too, and then I get riled up when she complains about things. In the run up to Christmas she said something in her stories about wishing she could go out and just enjoy the festive atmosphere, but she was too busy with work. Like girl, are you for real? She’s getting to release a book. She had a Papier design collaboration. She gets the best opportunities in blogging as far as I can see - works with the best brands, gets the most beautiful things, and very well paid too I’m sure. She travels the world throughout the year. And gets to work from her beautiful home in London.

I know that we all have bad days, but I would NEVER complain publicly about dumb tit like that if I were in her position. Ever.

I haven’t heard of them, I must look them up!

Oh yeah I forgot about llymlrs, every time I seen the name it made me think “Olly Murs” and I could never unsee it ha!

Also, wishwishwish used to be the most 'popular' one in their London blogger group (of her, Olivia, Kristabel and Lucy). Olivia has surpassed her in numbers on Instagram and Twitter, and the gap is now pretty big - over 30k difference on IG. I do wonder if she's put out by that. I imagine her to be the sort of person who could only be happy for her friends if she was doing better than they were. She once said something like "I'm not good with not being the best".

I notice now that she comments on every single IG post of Olivia's. She never used to comment on others' photos, and I think it's not just from a place of a friend commenting on another friend's photo, but because she's been sliding down the popularity scale, her photos get barely a fraction of the likes they used to, and she could be trying to get on people's radars again with her name showing up all the time in the comments.

Looks like Carrie edits videos for Olivia now.
Olivia is much more successful now. Carrie used to be top cat in that bloggers circle and I have a strong suspicion that her nose has been put out of joint. She's already jealous that Olivia has published a book, and blog work seems to have dried up for her this last while, while Olivia continues to grow.

She posted on stories a while ago about comparing herself to other influencers who are doing things like releasing books (hmm... who could this be about?) and basically fishing for compliments I think... I replied to her story - like a fool, in hindsight - saying she shouldn't be so hard on herself and I complimented her and her work, as I had always liked her blog and posts. She seen it but never replied, not even a quick "thank you" or simply 'liking' the message. I felt like a right mug. She said in her next stories she had got so many messages and she was replying to all of them... yeahhh. It's not like she was even busy; she spent most of lockdown playing Animal Crossing fgs 😂

Heart Zeena, Liv, Wishwishwish, Charlotte jacklin it’s all a bit boring now. All berets and cups of tea, dreamy and whimsical. Also wonder what their partners must think living in such pink puffy frilly curated homes.

Heart Zeena, Liv, Wishwishwish, Charlotte jacklin it’s all a bit boring now. All berets and cups of tea, dreamy and whimsical. Also wonder what their partners must think living in such pink puffy frilly curated homes.
I’ve also wondered if the insta-husbands mind the frilly curated homes. Although some decorations are more muted than others.

Nice to see that Liv is having a baby. I hope she’s doing well.

What does surprise me is that Carrie (Wishwishwish) still rents! I know that London house prices are nonsense but she used to be a big player in the blogging game and her husband does VFX work or similar. So I wouldn’t think they’re too hard up. Perhaps they really just want to stay in London but I’d have thought they would have tried to get on the housing ladder by now, maybe on the outskirts of London. Their rent must be extortionate.

I’ve also wondered if the insta-husbands mind the frilly curated homes. Although some decorations are more muted than others.

Nice to see that Liv is having a baby. I hope she’s doing well.

What does surprise me is that Carrie (Wishwishwish) still rents! I know that London house prices are nonsense but she used to be a big player in the blogging game and her husband does VFX work or similar. So I wouldn’t think they’re too hard up. Perhaps they really just want to stay in London but I’d have thought they would have tried to get on the housing ladder by now, maybe on the outskirts of London. Their rent must be extortionate.
I'm also so happy for Liv! I am envious of her - I know we only see what she chooses to share, but she really does seem to have it all. She's living the life I want to have! But I do like her.

I agree, Carrie still renting is madness IMO too! Miguel must be earning bank too with working in blockbuster films etc. I definitely don't think they're hard up either. Years ago, Carrie did a blog post for a competition that got her a £20k prize that she made absolutely no mention of, in either the blog post (https://wishwishwish.net/2014/03/caroline-blomst-deichmann/), or any time afterwards. I found this after doing some sleuthing 🕵️‍♀️ so goodness knows what else she has made since then with even bigger partnerships and brands. I'd say they could definitely afford a house, but not like the one they rent. They would need to move to the outskirts but I think she likes the clout of living in an expensive area, in an Instagram-able house, too much.

1982100_10152372313062774_1233929043_n.jpg

Anyone remember when Carrie and Miguel had their wedding photography business? What a time that was...

Anyone remember when Carrie and Miguel had their wedding photography business? What a time that was...
Oh yeah!! WishWishWeddings!! It seems that so many newlyweds try to get into the business after their own weddings and it’s usually pretty short-lived...

I looked it up just now and they’ve still only got one gallery, no updates at all, and didn’t they do Lydia Millen’s wedding? No word about it ever since!

Oh yeah!! WishWishWeddings!! It seems that so many newlyweds try to get into the business after their own weddings and it’s usually pretty short-lived...

I looked it up just now and they’ve still only got one gallery, no updates at all, and didn’t they do Lydia Millen’s wedding? No word about it ever since!
You’re right! I forgot they did her wedding... I just went to find the photos and they’re actually really nice. I wonder why they didn’t give it more of a go...? It would be a (slightly) more sustainable job than “influencing”.