Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

clueless

Chatty Member
I used to love both of them, but I agree Carrie loves herself too much. I adore Kristabel who is from a similar group, she’s a lot more down to earth about everything, travel, lifestyle etc.
Yes Kristabel seems lovely! I also forgot to add into my original post, that I seen someone on GOMI ages ago had said they’d met Carrie at a party once and she was snobby/stuck up, no more was said but I can believe that.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’m getting secretly pregnant vibes off Carrie. The sporadic posting, and the stomach hiding poses on Instagram to hide a potential bump maybe? It’s what I did before I shared the news when I was having a baby. The morning sickness got me so bad, I could only do the bare minimum and she’s disappeared a lot more than usual. The hints at potential DIY’s coming up…a nursery? Also noticed no one tagged her at Liv’s birthday party to potentially not out her? All speculative, but I just have a feeling.
ETA: She said she’s going to Glastonbury next week so I’m probably way off this guess
Depends where she is in her pregnancy and if she has bad symptoms - Glastonbury is very family friendly now.

bugeyeboo

It was around the first lockdown, when BLM and anti racism was very much the topic everywhere and Kristabel had some kind of breakdown/awakening. That’s when things seemed to change? Can’t put my finger on it. Maybe she didn’t feel supported? She vague posted lots of stories about performative anti racism support. She ranted a lot that’s all I remember. She’s still friends with Lucy but not with Liv and Carrie. And Lucy works for Boden that isn’t exactly known for its diversity, it’s target are rich white people 😂 (IMO) so maybe it was a personal falling out, not because she culled a lot of people she felt weren’t doing the work or asking the right questions.

Walkthehemline

Oh yeah!! WishWishWeddings!! It seems that so many newlyweds try to get into the business after their own weddings and it’s usually pretty short-lived...

I looked it up just now and they’ve still only got one gallery, no updates at all, and didn’t they do Lydia Millen’s wedding? No word about it ever since!
You’re right! I forgot they did her wedding... I just went to find the photos and they’re actually really nice. I wonder why they didn’t give it more of a go...? It would be a (slightly) more sustainable job than “influencing”.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It’s because she can’t drive!!
She’s passed her test so the reason for them moving to Cary is even more confusing ahaha!
---
Hate that the Daily Mail has written that Federer’s wife wasn’t happy at Kate and Roger’s ‘warm greeting’. So predictable.

Last edited:

clueless

Chatty Member
He hasn't been featured, or shared himself, in ages and she hasn't worn her rings in ages either :(

I will be so shocked and sad if they've broken up, they always seemed such a great pair.

Ups27

VIP Member
I know she’s from shepton as my friend went to school with her. But we think she’s now too snobby to live there, we assume it’s within the area still but maybe one of the villages, she’s being very cryptic 😂😂😂

clueless

Chatty Member
Anyone remember when Carrie and Miguel had their wedding photography business? What a time that was...
Oh yeah!! WishWishWeddings!! It seems that so many newlyweds try to get into the business after their own weddings and it’s usually pretty short-lived...

I looked it up just now and they’ve still only got one gallery, no updates at all, and didn’t they do Lydia Millen’s wedding? No word about it ever since!

clueless

Chatty Member
Olivia’s wedding looked lovely but I’ve now seen it on a wedding blog and on her own site and on both she talks about finding cheaper cutlery and budgeting money on the things that are important to you...her own dress was a press discount and all her bridesmaids dresses were free and I’m sure that wasn’t the extent of it! Of COURSE you wouldn’t turn any of that down, why would you, but I would refrain from mentioning budgeting in the same piece as disclosing freebies. Slightly galling to read when you’re raiding the tin cupboard and working overtime to make the wedding budget stretch further!
Her wedding looked lovely, and I agree with you, if she was being gifted a lot of it why wouldn’t you accept that? It would be great! But as you say, it’s galling to read her talking about budgeting when budgeting clearly wasn’t an issue for her. I think she was trying to stretch out the wedding content for extra blog posts, and to make it more relatable, but she’s not really in a position to advise on it. And she’s certainly not hard up- her wedding shoes alone were £1.4k (I don’t think they were gifted)!!

blossombloss

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if Kristabel (previously what I wore) is still friends with the girl that she used to live with?
I find her Instagram lately has been a bit erratic but I never see her mention that friend and I remember her Carrie etc all used to hang out.

clueless

Chatty Member
I wonder what happened with the friendship too! They were always this little group. Even if you drift apart or life gets in the way, to actively unfollow seems like quite a statement as opposed to just losing touch.

karma2010

Does anyone watch “a lady in London” or Hannah Ricketts. I enjoy Hannah lots of outings and seems like she’s talking to you as a friend. She has shown me some really cute places I’ve never known about.
just wondering….

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Does anyone know what Liv is talking about in her stories today? She's talking about having a 'wobbly week' but is home and resting now. Did something happen? I haven't seen any of her stories from this week.

blondelolita

Chatty Member
Don't follow Wish Wish Wish.

I still follow Liv and like her style of writing although I don't read her blog as much now.

Someone that I still really LOVE is Laura Bradshaw (Tiny Twist). Followed her for YEARS and she still seems genuine and sweet. I also like Corrie from DizzyBrunette although she is Shropshire based.

Another PT London based blogger I used to follow was Llymlrs. I remember she was the blogging "it girl" in like 2010. She seems to have had MH problems and faded into obscurity.
Yes I forgot about Lily, I used to follow her, Rhiannon Ashlee (fashionrocksmysocks), Paige Joanna all the time!

clueless

Chatty Member
Also, wishwishwish used to be the most 'popular' one in their London blogger group (of her, Olivia, Kristabel and Lucy). Olivia has surpassed her in numbers on Instagram and Twitter, and the gap is now pretty big - over 30k difference on IG. I do wonder if she's put out by that. I imagine her to be the sort of person who could only be happy for her friends if she was doing better than they were. She once said something like "I'm not good with not being the best".

I notice now that she comments on every single IG post of Olivia's. She never used to comment on others' photos, and I think it's not just from a place of a friend commenting on another friend's photo, but because she's been sliding down the popularity scale, her photos get barely a fraction of the likes they used to, and she could be trying to get on people's radars again with her name showing up all the time in the comments.