Lockdown has changed my relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fed up beyond belief… me and my husband just argue all the time over stupid things, don’t have s#x, most of the time he falls asleep putting kids to bed and I’m on my own in evenings. Honestly I’m at my wits end and I just don’t know what to do. I’m so miserable

Reactions: 3
Sending you love . Does he know how you’re feeling?

I can’t live with the person my partner has become I honestly sometimes just sit in my car dreading going into the house. I’m sure he is depressed but there’s nothing I can do or say that changes it. I also feel I have no one to talk to about any problems I might have, he doesn’t listen - he is so distracted all the time. He still barely leaves the house. We are supposed to be going to Bath to stay with 2 of our friends next weekend and it has been planned ever since the roadmap was announced - we haven’t seen them since last year and used to be very close. I can’t even stomach the thought of spending that much time with him, pretending everything is ok. My gut is saying if I feel like this I should end it, but selfishly I just can’t bring myself to. Where would I go? I can’t afford a place on my own and I’d feel like a failure. I’m also terrified that I’d change my mind. I just want my boyfriend back, not this person who I don’t even recognise anymore

Reactions: 5
Would he talk to a doctor? Could you go on your own to Bath it might help clear your head some time apart?

Reactions: 1
Would he talk to a doctor? Could you go on your own to Bath it might help clear your head some time apart?
He wouldn’t He doesn’t even go to the doctor when he is physically ill. I think a lot of men are like that aren’t they! I could go, but although it’s our couple friends I don’t feel right going just by myself - I know it would be fine but I do feel they are my boyfriends mates first (he knew the guy before we met, and then we’ve always been friends as a 4). So if they had to take sides they are his. If that makes sense.

I get what you mean it’s hard when they’ve been your partners friends first. Maybe spending time with them will perk him up a bit.