Lockdown has changed my relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to read everyone else’s stories but I can relate to it all, I feel like the longer lockdown goes on the more we’re drifting apart the tiniest thing seems to blow up into an argument. It’s getting to the point I don’t even see the point in trying anymore. Everything I suggest he just shuts me down, I’m seriously thinking of asking if my grandad if I can move in his spare room for a bit as much as I don’t want my thirtieth year on the planet as the year I got a divorce unless something gives soon I can see it being the only outcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Same here. However we don’t live together so not sure how much I can blame lockdown lol, just quite samey not being able to go out for a meal drinks etc hoping it changes when we can. Think lockdown has made a lot of people re evaluate their relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry to read everyone else’s stories but I can relate to it all, I feel like the longer lockdown goes on the more we’re drifting apart the tiniest thing seems to blow up into an argument. It’s getting to the point I don’t even see the point in trying anymore. Everything I suggest he just shuts me down, I’m seriously thinking of asking if my grandad if I can move in his spare room for a bit as much as I don’t want my thirtieth year on the planet as the year I got a divorce unless something gives soon I can see it being the only outcome.
I'm also in my 30th year, and never envisaged it looking like this. I dont know how things are going to pan out for all of us but its nice to know were not alone in all this

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
So everyone who has posted on here about being unhappy.... what do you think you’re going to do?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So everyone who has posted on here about being unhappy.... what do you think you’re going to do?
I actually had a chat with my OH earlier. Just about how we need to reconnect. We’re going to try to reignite the spark a bit. More spontaneous fun, he’s agreed to help me more with housework and cooking as I said sometimes feel like a mother not a partner! Also we’re laying off drinking at weekends as that doesn’t seem to be doing either of us any favours in the mental health department. As soon as restrictions are lifted a bit he’s going to go outdoors for a whole day of a weekend (he’s into his adrenaline sports) to give me some space.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i haven't written about it on here but i feel the same - i'm trying to suggest things to do but unless it involves staring at a screen, he doesn't seem to be interested. we've had a few fights about it lately and i think he's starting to understand and trying to change this. i won't do anything about it for now because i really do think it's the lockdown and the whole situation that's getting to me - i dislike my relationship, my job, my friendships, my family relationships, myself... but i think it's all because of covid. i'm hoping that once this pandemic is done, things will look up. if they don't, then i know something wasn't right in the first place... but i'm just in such a bad mental state right now that i'm scared to make big decisions.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think I’m going to have to try and speak to my husband again and see where he’s at and maybe suggest I go to my grandad’s for a bit, I honestly think the only think that will save our marriage now is time apart. Nearly a year of spending 24/7 with each other has become too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m the same as you guys. We don’t even live together but when he’s here I feel more of a mother than a girlfriend. I wait on him hand and foot and I feel he has become used to it now and doesn’t appreciate me. Sex life has also died out, just feel like he doesn’t fancy me or love me anymore which is really sad. Even during lockdown I’ve seen lots of couples doing cute stuff. I suggested a walk yesterday, felt like I had to drag him out and he would rather be anywhere else but there, ended up arguing and storming back to the car. Saw lots of couples having such a good time and I just felt like he would rather be anywhere else but there. I’ll see what happens when lockdown is over

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m the same as you guys. We don’t even live together but when he’s here I feel more of a mother than a girlfriend. I wait on him hand and foot and I feel he has become used to it now and doesn’t appreciate me. Sex life has also died out, just feel like he doesn’t fancy me or love me anymore which is really sad. Even during lockdown I’ve seen lots of couples doing cute stuff. I suggested a walk yesterday, felt like I had to drag him out and he would rather be anywhere else but there, ended up arguing and storming back to the car. Saw lots of couples having such a good time and I just felt like he would rather be anywhere else but there. I’ll see what happens when lockdown is over
it's so sad if you think he's no longer attracted to you, that's a huge deal. talk to him about it. that's one main thing that gives me hope, that he is still crazy about me in that way. if we didn't have that, i definitely wouldn't stay :/

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure, weve spoken a few times about it and said things need to change. Then nothing changes. We speak again. And round and round we go. He was going to move into a hotel at the start of january for a month to see if we felt any differently after that, then of course lockdown 3.0 happened and that wasnt possible.

• Heart
I'm not sure, weve spoken a few times about it and said things need to change. Then nothing changes. We speak again. And round and round we go. He was going to move into a hotel at the start of january for a month to see if we felt any differently after that, then of course lockdown 3.0 happened and that wasnt possible.
same here it just feels going round in circles and he doesn’t take me seriously

it's so sad if you think he's no longer attracted to you, that's a huge deal. talk to him about it. that's one main thing that gives me hope, that he is still crazy about me in that way. if we didn't have that, i definitely wouldn't stay :/
I have and he’s said he is but he doesn’t compliment me anymore and barely wants to have sex. Not being big headed but I’d like to think I’m quite attractive and he used to be mad about me but now he either isn’t or he’s just got too comfortable

• Heart
Reactions: 2
same here it just feels going round in circles and he doesn’t take me seriously

I have and he’s said he is but he doesn’t compliment me anymore and barely wants to have sex. Not being big headed but I’d like to think I’m quite attractive and he used to be mad about me but now he either isn’t or he’s just got too comfortable
is it possible that he doesn't feel good about himself?

hmmm not sure. He’s quite a confident guy but possibly. I won’t ever know because wheneveri ask him he says “I don’t know” to everything
This is a lot like my husband I’m pretty sure he’s depressed but all I get from is “I’m fine” or “it’s ok for you you’re still working” it’s hard because as much as you want to and would help you can’t help someone who won’t meet you halfway.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm honestly getting so fed up too. I mentioned on this thread before that my relationship has been a bit meh in lockdown, and even before tbh. But getting frustrated with my boyfriend's habits, like drinking most days. He keeps saying he'll stop but then always has some kind of excuse for why he's not stopping today. We hardly do anything together, I keep bringing it up, we talk and he says we should change things but then it actually never changes or the changes are small and then it goes back to normal. Like I get that, we're all bored and fed up with lockdown but it's not like he even completely follows the rules, he still sees friends sometimes which is more than a lot of people get to do.
Just fed up, we hardly have things to do together as I don't really want to spend my weekends getting drunk and feeling crap anymore and that's what he usually seems to want to do.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I am going to contradict my previous post... I broke up with my partner on Monday night.

Awkward AF as we live together but what can you do 🤷 I feel relieved it is a weight off my shoulders now

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am going to contradict my previous post... I broke up with my partner on Monday night.

Awkward AF as we live together but what can you do 🤷 I feel relieved it is a weight off my shoulders now
how are you managing considering you live together?
sending hugs hope you're okay 🤍

• Heart
I am so sorry to hear all your posts. this is such a hard time for relationships. Some will be feeling relief, some devastated. just hang in there and do what you feel best for you.

Strangely enough, I have just posted about this in the CT thread. I won't link to my post as I know many hate CT but this was part of my post

I know 4 strong relationships that have gone down the pan. One of those was a 45-year marriage and my friend killed herself over it ending.
My daughter's relationship ( three children) ended, my carer's marriage ( two children) ended, another friend 25 years married ( emergency foster parents with three of their own children) ended.

• Sad
Reactions: 10