Lockdown has changed my relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fed up beyond belief… me and my husband just argue all the time over stupid things, don’t have s#x, most of the time he falls asleep putting kids to bed and I’m on my own in evenings. Honestly I’m at my wits end and I just don’t know what to do. I’m so miserable

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Fed up beyond belief… me and my husband just argue all the time over stupid things, don’t have s#x, most of the time he falls asleep putting kids to bed and I’m on my own in evenings. Honestly I’m at my wits end and I just don’t know what to do. I’m so miserable
Sending you love ❤. Does he know how you’re feeling?

I can’t live with the person my partner has become 😞 I honestly sometimes just sit in my car dreading going into the house. I’m sure he is depressed but there’s nothing I can do or say that changes it. I also feel I have no one to talk to about any problems I might have, he doesn’t listen - he is so distracted all the time. He still barely leaves the house. We are supposed to be going to Bath to stay with 2 of our friends next weekend and it has been planned ever since the roadmap was announced - we haven’t seen them since last year and used to be very close. I can’t even stomach the thought of spending that much time with him, pretending everything is ok. My gut is saying if I feel like this I should end it, but selfishly I just can’t bring myself to. Where would I go? I can’t afford a place on my own and I’d feel like a failure. I’m also terrified that I’d change my mind. I just want my boyfriend back, not this person who I don’t even recognise anymore😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I can’t live with the person my partner has become 😞 I honestly sometimes just sit in my car dreading going into the house. I’m sure he is depressed but there’s nothing I can do or say that changes it. I also feel I have no one to talk to about any problems I might have, he doesn’t listen - he is so distracted all the time. He still barely leaves the house. We are supposed to be going to Bath to stay with 2 of our friends next weekend and it has been planned ever since the roadmap was announced - we haven’t seen them since last year and used to be very close. I can’t even stomach the thought of spending that much time with him, pretending everything is ok. My gut is saying if I feel like this I should end it, but selfishly I just can’t bring myself to. Where would I go? I can’t afford a place on my own and I’d feel like a failure. I’m also terrified that I’d change my mind. I just want my boyfriend back, not this person who I don’t even recognise anymore😞
Would he talk to a doctor? Could you go on your own to Bath it might help clear your head some time apart?

Reactions: 1
Would he talk to a doctor? Could you go on your own to Bath it might help clear your head some time apart?
He wouldn’t 😞 He doesn’t even go to the doctor when he is physically ill. I think a lot of men are like that aren’t they! I could go, but although it’s our couple friends I don’t feel right going just by myself - I know it would be fine but I do feel they are my boyfriends mates first (he knew the guy before we met, and then we’ve always been friends as a 4). So if they had to take sides they are his. If that makes sense.

He wouldn’t 😞 He doesn’t even go to the doctor when he is physically ill. I think a lot of men are like that aren’t they! I could go, but although it’s our couple friends I don’t feel right going just by myself - I know it would be fine but I do feel they are my boyfriends mates first (he knew the guy before we met, and then we’ve always been friends as a 4). So if they had to take sides they are his. If that makes sense.
I get what you mean it’s hard when they’ve been your partners friends first. Maybe spending time with them will perk him up a bit.