LL Off-topic The Wrong Fellas #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you and it's so hard to find words to say, I don't even know what to say to anyone about how I feel either.

I'm going to call them Tuesday and try and sort it out. I was having therapy phone appointments for anxiety, but I switched them to online as I wasn't having the opportunity to actually have time for the appointments with the kids and work.

He's 10 months old today, so 2 months to go, but I've been planning what to do with the kids in the half term Halloween time and it just bought back all the things that were really upsetting me last year.

Like, it all sounds ridiculous, but I helping get the older two ready for the school run for my husband, then travelling an hour on 2 buses to see my little one in NICU, where at that point he was in the nursery and not the incubator. I remember being upset that some other moms had a Halloween outfit for thier little ones and I hadn't prepared for him. Then the doctors were really late on their rounds and I had promised to do my eldest girls hair and make up for her Halloween school disco, so was on a tight schedule to travel an hour on 2 buses back home and make it just in time.
The doctors didn't even have any updates either except for they were still waiting for the blood cultures to confirm the infection and that he wasn't tolerating his feeds well.

I couldn't face taking her to the disco, because I couldn't face talking to any of the parents or teachers about what was happening, so my Dad took my husband and my daughter and he picked them up too.

I had also promised to try and trick or treat after the disco, but I was exhausted, in pain and spent most the night crying in bed and I felt so guilty I couldn't even go to a few houses. Then she did her cry in the evening that she had done since he was born because she wanted him to be well and come home.

I then cried even more, because I felt like I hadn't spent enough time at NICU and I hadn't spent enough time at home.

And now I feel like I'm pressuring myself to make sure this Halloween is amazing to make up for last years, so I can have a new memory and trying to make it fun and memorable for my kids, while not costing the earth and I think I'm making it worse for myself.

I adore my little boy and I'm so pleased at his progress and can't wait to see him celebrating his first birthday, but I know it's going to bring up a lot of things I have been hiding away.
Bless you. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself sweetheart x
It was the one on Renfield St, I wasn't bougie enough for the West end. I don't have a Glasgow uni accent (I was Strathclyde then Caley, never managed the triple as I did my MSc at Chester).
---

It was really good, if I remember right (which might be questionable, given how much vodka was involved 🤣)
Ah yeah I know the one. One of my sons went to Strathclyde Uni and he now lectures at Glasgow. The other one went to Glasgow but still talks like a ned 😉
I bleeping love Glasgow. Best city in Britain ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m going to add a spoiler just as a trigger for others.
I had quite a traumatic birth with my little one which resulted in PND - I ended up speaking with my own Dr and they put me on medication and I’m currently having counselling, I’m coming out the other side now so just to wanted to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. The main things is that you have spotted it and are reaching out for help. Sending you the biggest hug.
Thank you, I might try my Doctor too to see if it can spread things up a bit.

It just is awful that people have to wait so long for the help and I was fast tracked as I've had a baby recently.

Ah Gimme I've been there and it's tough, the wait to get support must seem like an eternity.

Just take it hour by hour, don't let those intrusive thoughts plague you, if your brain is full of misery and doom then change it about when you can- I found at night I'd be very dark in my thinking, so forced myself to think of holidays, to bring up and relive happy times or to listen to the radio as I was going to sleep as a distraction. Just push those black clouds away in any way you can.

In the day time play the music, happy tunes, dance about, keep active, keep busy and give yourself some love.

Sounds like a day out with your Tribe was a great distraction 😍

I hope you can get some therapy soon because it really does help. Are you speaking to the GP too?

We are all here for you in the meantime 😘😘
Thank you Della reading some of this thread yesterday was really cheering me up.

And I was so pleased swimming was so successful. My eldest hated swimming and baths until she was 2 1&2, my middle has been exactly the same and only recently enjoyed it and my little boy just loves it. It was the first swimming trip since having my second where we've had no tears or screaming or clinging on to us for life and she's 3 soon!

So it was definitely progress for my very strong willed middle one.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My fave place as a student was the Revolution vodka bar. Get a stick of six shots, all different flavours (tea and biscuits was one!). And I sipped those, they were too lush to chug.

I'm the same with Tequila Rose and Peanut Butter whisky 😋
It’s definitely the pick n’mix of the adult world!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thank you, I might try my Doctor too to see if it can spread things up a bit.

It just is awful that people have to wait so long for the help and I was fast tracked as I've had a baby recently.

Thank you Della reading some of this thread yesterday was really cheering me up.

And I was so pleased swimming was so successful. My eldest hated swimming and baths until she was 2 1&2, my middle has been exactly the same and only recently enjoyed it and my little boy just loves it. It was the first swimming trip since having my second where we've had no tears or screaming or clinging on to us for life and she's 3 soon!

So it was definitely progress for my very strong willed middle one.
Ah lovely, so glad it went well. My middle boy was terrified of the pool for so long too (he fell over in the changing rooms as a tot and banged his head, I've always wondered if that started it). He wouldn't go further than the steps - we even hired a villa with a pool for holidays and he wouldn't go in once! My oldest always loved it and ended up swimming for two County teams as a teen, and my youngest has always been a water baby (he was born in a birth pool!), but middle would just scream and cling on until he was about 5. He did swimming lessons through his nursery, and I think seeing his wee pals getting in the water was really helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ordered a takeaway for tea cos I tried on old holiday clothes and everything's at least 3 sizes too small so now I feel fat and disgusting and want a kebab 🤷‍♀️😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ordered a takeaway for tea cos I tried on old holiday clothes and everything's at least 3 sizes too small so now I feel fat and disgusting and want a kebab 🤷‍♀️😂
Remember it’s not you that’s the wrong size, it’s the clothes! And enjoy takeaway, it’s well deserved! You’re making me want Chinese food now…🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This weather is bringing all my buried seasonal depression to the surface! Might hibernate til next March

• Heart
Reactions: 12
new thread here

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was the one on Renfield St, I wasn't bougie enough for the West end. I don't have a Glasgow uni accent (I was Strathclyde then Caley, never managed the triple as I did my MSc at Chester).
---

It was really good, if I remember right (which might be questionable, given how much vodka was involved 🤣)
Revolution on Renfield St. was a regular haunt of mine years ago, before I got all settled down. They had a Jammy Dodger cocktail and it was my fave 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.