LL Off-topic The Wrong Fellas #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please respect tattle rules and do not use this thread to complain about other threads or members.

Sending huge love and strength to our @A mega Pint - and love to all the OG thread members that are struggling at the moment.

As you were.

šŸ©·šŸ©µ

previous thread here:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@LittleMy the Jammie dodger cocktail was the second thing to come to mind after birthday cake shots! It was soo good!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Loved Revs in Newcastle at the start of every night out back in the day, and weā€™d usually get the roulette shots - I can confirm that the chilli vodka burns on the way back up as well šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
  • Heart
Loved Revs in Newcastle at the start of every night out back in the day, and weā€™d usually get the roulette shots - I can confirm that the chilli vodka burns on the way back up as well šŸ¤Ŗ
Oh god, you were brave!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you and it's so hard to find words to say, I don't even know what to say to anyone about how I feel either.

I'm going to call them Tuesday and try and sort it out. I was having therapy phone appointments for anxiety, but I switched them to online as I wasn't having the opportunity to actually have time for the appointments with the kids and work.

He's 10 months old today, so 2 months to go, but I've been planning what to do with the kids in the half term Halloween time and it just bought back all the things that were really upsetting me last year.

Like, it all sounds ridiculous, but I helping get the older two ready for the school run for my husband, then travelling an hour on 2 buses to see my little one in NICU, where at that point he was in the nursery and not the incubator. I remember being upset that some other moms had a Halloween outfit for thier little ones and I hadn't prepared for him. Then the doctors were really late on their rounds and I had promised to do my eldest girls hair and make up for her Halloween school disco, so was on a tight schedule to travel an hour on 2 buses back home and make it just in time.
The doctors didn't even have any updates either except for they were still waiting for the blood cultures to confirm the infection and that he wasn't tolerating his feeds well.

I couldn't face taking her to the disco, because I couldn't face talking to any of the parents or teachers about what was happening, so my Dad took my husband and my daughter and he picked them up too.

I had also promised to try and trick or treat after the disco, but I was exhausted, in pain and spent most the night crying in bed and I felt so guilty I couldn't even go to a few houses. Then she did her cry in the evening that she had done since he was born because she wanted him to be well and come home.

I then cried even more, because I felt like I hadn't spent enough time at NICU and I hadn't spent enough time at home.

And now I feel like I'm pressuring myself to make sure this Halloween is amazing to make up for last years, so I can have a new memory and trying to make it fun and memorable for my kids, while not costing the earth and I think I'm making it worse for myself.

I adore my little boy and I'm so pleased at his progress and can't wait to see him celebrating his first birthday, but I know it's going to bring up a lot of things I have been hiding away.
Oh sweetheart. Thatā€™s so tough. Iā€™m sure you will make Halloween perfect for them. You did your absolute best in really difficult circumstances last year and did more than most will manage Iā€™m sure. I hope you manage to get an appt to talk it all through šŸ¤— you got this mama x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not been on much past few days. Had my period so been struggling abit but letting it all out. We've made a little memory box and my fella has said.... we CAN try again!!! But he insists on waiting 6 months so he can know in himself I'm fully physically recovered/healed and so he can put money aside to pay for a private midwife. Sorry to keep banging on about the same thing just this is my safe space as cheesy as it sounds.

Also thanks a bleeping bunch for not tagging me in that SEAL who caught me being nicked!! Not very kind that!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I was there last night šŸ˜‚ do you remember Fleet Street just up the road from Revs in the alley up to the bigg Market? I used to start there, it was so cheap šŸ˜‚
---
Not been on much past few days. Had my period so been struggling abit but letting it all out. We've made a little memory box and my fella has said.... we CAN try again!!! But he insists on waiting 6 months so he can know in himself I'm fully physically recovered/healed and so he can put money aside to pay for a private midwife. Sorry to keep banging on about the same thing just this is my safe space as cheesy as it sounds.

Also thanks a bleeping bunch for not tagging me in that SEAL who caught me being nicked!! Not very kind that!!!!!!!
Glad your fella is on board, one less thing to stress over.
BTW, is that how you get your Intel for your terrorist organisation group? Tags on tattle? I'm disappointed in Osama, thought more of you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Out last night and was asked to attend an *ahem* party so I referred him and his friend to a certain Lucy Letby... accompanied with a fake phone number šŸ¤£šŸƒšŸ»ā€ā™€ļø roll on the robo cock!

CB4B40CF-1F0B-44E8-ADC0-A042B0B391DD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They make a lovely chilli vodka up here actually - Arbikies. Iā€™d struggle to chug more than a couple of them though!
Hope youā€™ve had a good weekend with your rellies, not a bad result yesterday x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I do hope all are well on here. I am having a bit of a health crisis, 2nd round of antibiotics & they are making me sooo nauseous. Then my girl is having the double mastectomy Tue. Please say a prayer she comes through perfectly and has a fast recovery, and that I can be there for her in some meaningful way. Some times in life feel so threatening and bleak. Prayers for all who struggle tonight. Thank you to all who practice love.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I do hope all are well on here. I am having a bit of a health crisis, 2nd round of antibiotics & they are making me sooo nauseous. Then my girl is having the double mastectomy Tue. Please say a prayer she comes through perfectly and has a fast recovery, and that I can be there for her in some meaningful way. Some times in life feel so threatening and bleak. Prayers for all who struggle tonight. Thank you to all who practice love.
You and your daughter are in my prayers. All the love to you both and sending strength for the week ahead xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sending healing thoughts to your daughter and hopes that her operation goes well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Here you all are! I have been pretty much a lurker and enjoyed reading all of the posts of random stuff during deliberations. Especially selling socks and room 101.
It has gone crazy now and I wondered where you all were.
The Facebook groups have gone actually insane currently arguing about laughing emojis.

I was off work for a few weeks during deliberations. Typically the verdict came through on my one day out to Edinburgh Castle. Emotional though.

Thanks to those that have shared their experiences. I have a 40 year old cousin who has similar need to baby G. It's hard , very hard.

Also was Jammy blummin Dodger actually right? Stupid putting it on Facebook. Wonder if this is a precedence for partial verdicts now.

Finally ,apologies if it has been discussed but this was mentioned on one of the forums.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Ok Iā€™m going to go really off topic here but itā€™s something I feel I need to discuss. Can we discuss Paw Patrol? Because I have been made to watch this show back to back for over a week now and I have some concerns.
First off who is bank rolling this whole operation and where are Ryderā€™s parents? Why isnā€™t there one emotionally sane adult in the whole of adventure bay and why does everyone rely on a kid and his dogs?! Then there is the mayor and that stupid emotional support chicken, I dread to think how she would havenā€™t handled covid, and donā€™t even get me started on the dude with the boat and his equally weird French cousin.
Alex and that stupid daring Danny X just seem to piss about and cause more issues than anyone yet they havenā€™t been given an ASBO.
To top it all off there is the overgrown toddler in the shape of Mayor Humdinger that strips about the place with his weird little kitty clan.

And I know I know itā€™s a cartoon and blah blah blah whatever but this cartoon really annoys me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 25
@Caledonianprincess Couldnā€™t answer on the last thread.
Going by your location - is it Kerri Roma you were referring to?
Nope I've not heard of her before but not who I was meaning
---

Mr Lucy is a total keeper and I totally see his point as he will want you to be in tip top shape to keep well as can be šŸ’—

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ok Iā€™m going to go really off topic here but itā€™s something I feel I need to discuss. Can we discuss Paw Patrol? Because I have been made to watch this show back to back for over a week now and I have some concerns.
First off who is bank rolling this whole operation and where are Ryderā€™s parents? Why isnā€™t there one emotionally sane adult in the whole of adventure bay and why does everyone rely on a kid and his dogs?! Then there is the mayor and that stupid emotional support chicken, I dread to think how she would havenā€™t handled covid, and donā€™t even get me started on the dude with the boat and his equally weird French cousin.
Alex and that stupid daring Danny X just seem to piss about and cause more issues than anyone yet they havenā€™t been given an ASBO.
To top it all off there is the overgrown toddler in the shape of Mayor Humdinger that strips about the place with his weird little kitty clan.

And I know I know itā€™s a cartoon and blah blah blah whatever but this cartoon really annoys me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
The thread that keeps on giving šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@gimmethattea I found the first birthday the hardest, especially to reflect on.
The guilt and trauma that comes between splitting yourself into different places is enough but add it onto the trauma and toll NICU puts on you, it's a lot.

I was like this last year as the twins first birthday approached, but then I looked at my eldest son and he really didn't care that for a small period my brain was utterly unfunctionable and I let so much slip, and promises were broken or not as great as I hyped them up to be. I came back and we made up for the time we did miss and now I don't even think he's all that fussed. I beat myself up for months that I wasn't there to take him to his first day of Year 4 or we missed Halloween & bonfire night, he ended up forgetting it allšŸ˜…

Be easy on yourself over the coming months. Take it hour by hour, day by day. Chase that support & ask them to mark it as high priority, being able to talk about it all out loud helped me massively, I recently started EMDR as I still struggle with processing those early days and it truly has changed my life. If that's an avenue you can also explore xx

• Heart
Agh Iā€™m stressing guys because Iā€™m now well behind on this thread and Iā€™m stuck 50+ pages behind on the OG thread! Never happened in all my tattle lurking days and Iā€™ve just had a week off work so loooord help me when I go back on Tuesday. Do I just give up now? Is that one still worth perusing?

I got mini me back this eve after heā€™d been with his dad so that was nice ā¤ (other than the handover where I got to hear a bit more about how poor my parenting is as usual, and then for about 5 mins before mini started kicking off and being an absolute little shite šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø)

Also on the last thread I accidentally clicked ā€œreportā€ on Dellaā€™s nice post about going out with her husband this eve, then when I tried to correct it I hit the laughing emoji reaction before eventually making it to the heart šŸ˜‚ so if you get some weird notifications Della that was me, sorry, Iā€™ve had a beer. Just pretend the report was for your disgraceful raw chicken picture.

Sorry to all those struggling, it wonā€™t let me tag anyone for some reason but pissedandsad will be thinking of you and your daughter, gimmethattea you might have seen my merail a while ago to know I completely get everything in your post and and sending a hug and happy to give you any support I can, lucyxxxx Iā€™m glad you and Mr Lucy have made a decision and please look after yourself, and lots of love to everyone else with big weeks coming up or just rubbish weeks for whatever reason.

Donā€™t get me started on paw patrol, peppa pig (whoever said about eating a sausage roll with every episode is a genius and getting copied in my house), bing and the rest of the awful fuckers they fill kids tv with these days - bring back the poddington peas, the queens nose, the demon headmaster, the snorks, the raccoons, Rosie and Jim, the moomins, and Brum. Here ends my Ted talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.