Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Has anyone else had this torrential rain? I nearly crashed three times coming home from work in the motorway because I couldn’t see due to the rain 😫 then had to get both kids from nursery and they were crying from getting wet it’s awful!
It horsed it down when I was on the way back from Glasgow before wee Caledonian came home from school. It's raining just now too and the dogs don't want to go out they are curled up at the back door protesting

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

2ofeach

VIP Member
Cali is it possible that you can turn it off once he's in a deep sleep?
OH also likes a fan on but it doesn't bother me in the sense of disturbing me although I do still hear it.
How about putting a cold water bottle on his side, or those pet cooling mats.... 🙈
Might ear plugs work for you although I guess you'll need to listen out for the babies... what's a girl to do 😔

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
My bf likes a fan so when I sleep at his I have headphones in but mind you I have terrible tinnitus anyways so always need a podcast or something to drown out the buzz.
I don’t think we’re designed to share bedrooms to be fair I never sleep well next to someone.

• Heart

Okgolightly

VIP Member
Thanks @raspberryjuice @odetotheseaweed i hadn’t thought about the bed swap- we will give that a try! She is only just turned 3! She won’t say anything specific just that she doesn’t like her bed and she’s scared- we’ve bought her three different beds in the last year in the hope one of them does the trick but it’s always the same: she’s fine in it for a few days then decides she doesn’t like it. When we first moved she had about five days of amazing sleep on her own and I thought we had cracked it but clearly not 😫 her room is really well lit and my sister bought her a special night light but it makes no difference 😭

• Heart

Boxatrix

Its the noise of it I can't shut off at night at the best of times but the fan intensifies it
I'm prone to light sleeping because of hypervigilance and foam earplugs were a life saver. The small yellow ones (not the longer cone shaped ones) are excellent for blocking out sound like that - but you'd still hear your children crying or a phone or smoke alarm etc.
I can't sleep without them and I bulk buy a bag of 50 pairs from Am*z**.

• Heart
I'll stick to the chocolate fudge cake from Costco. Ocado and m and s can keep their caterpillars however I do like m and s for their Percy pigs and apple turnovers 😂

• Haha