Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not convinced that she read those book. I think she went to the charity shop to buy books that have orange spine.
Weird! It used to be a mix of books that she had turned the spines to the back in. Maybe she’s taken a penguin classics collection from her Mums house? Major side eye if she bought all those at once just for the aesthetic!

Reactions: 8
I would hope they’re hers or her mother’s old collection and that they weren’t all purchased for the orange spine otherwise that would be monumentally lame! I know cool is a state of mind and blah blah blah but doing that would be the very antithesis lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh Lizzy.
There are shops in east London that sell job lots of orange spine Penguin books, they are usually bought by interior designers who don’t actually care what the titles are.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I would hope they’re hers or her mother’s old collection and that they weren’t all purchased for the orange spine otherwise that would be monumentally lame! I know cool is a state of mind and blah blah blah but doing that would be the very antithesis lol
I tried to zoom in and some of them look painted.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think we can agree to disagree that this is the lamest thing on the internet, lol I thought Lily Pebbles was lame hahaha

Reactions: 7
I hate the trend of books as decor. It’s so shallow...like it’s fine to have an organized or cute looking bookshelf but buying all orange books to put under your bed for an insta aesthetic?? Imagine buying a tit ton of books just to decorate in such a cheesy way. I also hate the trend of grouping books by color (it’s impossible to find books quickly if they are stored like that). Also am I the only one who thinks that is kind of gross and those books would get hella dusty bc they are essentially on the floor?!

I hate the trend of books as decor. It’s so shallow...like it’s fine to have an organized or cute looking bookshelf but buying all orange books to put under your bed for an insta aesthetic?? Imagine buying a tit ton of books just to decorate in such a cheesy way. I also hate the trend of grouping books by color (it’s impossible to find books quickly if they are stored like that). Also am I the only one who thinks that is kind of gross and those books would get hella dusty bc they are essentially on the floor?!
Lydia Millen did this but worse. Bought a ton of very cheap used books just to paint the covers and spine white just to fill/decorate a bookcase.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Using anything as a prop and not for its intended purpose is supremely uncool. There was another trend where bloggers would photograph a pair of shoes on top of a stack of books, which I thought was also very cringe-y and offensive. Or a slightly more esoteric one, where bloggers buy a record player and vintage records so they look cool in a photoshoot, but on closer inspection, it's all stuff you find in the dollar bin at any record store, that no one would ever want.

Instagrammer Lisa Dawson did this 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Someone should really tell them they are bought by interior designers to dress bars and hotel rooms.🤦‍♀️
I would give Lizzy the benefit of the doubt, she might have wanted to start reading classics but the books are usually sold as lots as they are low grade and no longer acceptable as a reading copies.

I feel for Lizzy, I don’t think Lizzy knows who Lizzy is anymore. She seems to imitate whoever she is dating, friends with and other IG’ers. Even in London Lizzy seems more suited to to west London, the preppy style and Soho House, whereas in east London Lizzy just seems so forced and contrived.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe she was irresponsible enough to buy a kitten. There is a good reason why shelters didn’t let her adopt, lots of people with unsuitable lifestyles have decided they want a pet during the pandemic without considering what happens to said pet when normality returns.

I’m not denying Lizzy will be a good pet mum during the pandemic, or when she’s at home but when normality resumes how often will that be? Taking on what can be a twenty plus year commitment during a pandemic because you’re lonely is not a good call.

Reactions: 4
wait... did she not adopt? I just came here to say how happy I am for her. I still am of course but that’s so disappointing if she didn’t adopt 😐 I do think by the time her life gets back to normal her cat will have grown up enough to not need her by it’s side every second of the day. I hope I’m not proven wrong but Lizzy seems like she’s got people around her who will be able to cat sit for a few days for her if she does need it. It doesn’t need to be said but I’ll say it anyway, she does a lot of things I’m not a fan of, but I do think she’s mature enough to handle a cat. Maybe I’ll eat these words though!

It doesn’t need to be said but I’ll say it anyway, she does a lot of things I’m not a fan of, but I do think she’s mature enough to handle a cat.
I agree. I think she outlines why she had to buy and not rescue in the vlog and sounds quite rational. Also, I think having something to take care of will do her a world of good, and she has people who can care for it.

wait... did she not adopt? I just came here to say how happy I am for her. I still am of course but that’s so disappointing if she didn’t adopt 😐 I do think by the time her life gets back to normal her cat will have grown up enough to not need her by it’s side every second of the day. I hope I’m not proven wrong but Lizzy seems like she’s got people around her who will be able to cat sit for a few days for her if she does need it. It doesn’t need to be said but I’ll say it anyway, she does a lot of things I’m not a fan of, but I do think she’s mature enough to handle a cat. Maybe I’ll eat these words though!
She said her initial plan had been to adopt a cat but the process was very long and the criteria was tough to meet (she wanted a cat that could go outside and she would have had to cat-proof the patio) so she decided to get a kitten.

It irks me a little bit because it does scream "impatient spoiled girl" but she does seem to genuinely love cats and I'm sure she'll take good care of Luigi (weird that she named him after her italian uncle lol) and he'll be good company for her during lockdown.

Reactions: 6
I knew she'd get hate for buying a kitten but shelters can be so ridiculous with their demands. When there are so many animals needing good homes, I find it stupid that shelters require people adhere to stupid guidelines like never letting a cat outside.

I understand shelters want to make sure they're adopting out pets to good homes but Lizzy clearly has a very nice home and will take very good care of any cat she adopts.

I'm not surprised so many people end up buying pets because shelters make you jump through so many hoops to adopt an animal.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.