Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anne is/was the managing partner of a PR and Marketing agency. Think she also has property investments.

I think the video she just posted was beautiful. She has a real sense of the visual and aesthetics, and creating a mood. I hope she leans into doing more shorts and creative video. I actually really like Lizzy, and I think she has a lot of potential. I'm sure with time and maturity and maybe some more self-confidence she'll really settle into her own.
I feel like this too. When Lizzy started she was really creating soem unique content. Her 'testing basics' series was a cool idea (if only she got rid of the hual nature of it and used what she already owned). Now her content is what? pretty basic and her style has become boring. Even if she started going to capsule wardrobe route and styling what she already owns (tho she'd never would because that would mean giving up all the spons) .

Reactions: 4
I think she’d get on much better if she got some sort of “office job” for a sense of routine/structure then continued “influencing” as a hobby. It would probably allow her to be more creative as she wouldn’t need to rely on spons as income

I think she’d get on much better if she got some sort of “office job” for a sense of routine/structure then continued “influencing” as a hobby. It would probably allow her to be more creative as she wouldn’t need to rely on spons as income
Agree, but her lifestyle would have to change pretty radically. There aren’t too many office jobs that she’d be qualified for which pay anywhere in the same galaxy as what she earns now. Imagine it’s pretty hard to give that up once you are used to it.

Reactions: 2
In general I feel like"influencing" should be never consider as a job title. I think its quite sad really to see all of those young girls who are jumping into this "influencer" life style and then suffer from many mental and health conditions instead of actually working on yourself, in terms of education, interships, work experience etc. so they feel validated and confident by their own achievements, not by comments or posts from strangers? Or from type of guys that they are going out with? I mean that Ben guy for example. It was so cringe. You could seee that they had absolutely nothing in common except being ignorant and self indulgent. Idk, I feel like Lizzy had fallen into this trap and she no longer has any type of personality and she either will realise that or keep falling for that, which is sad cause she seems like a sensitive person who would actually benefit from genuine love and connection cause sorry this girl is like 27/28 and she has an energy and lifestyle of an old lady

Reactions: 3
In the podcast episode with Anne I’m sure Anne said she co-owned a marketing/PR company that was focused towards Kitchens.
I’ve always wondered how Anne really feels about Lizzy being an influencer because having worked in the industry Anne must know that influencers are just a marketing trend and their longevity is questionable.

I don't think Lizzy would ever settle for an office job, I think Lizzy could easily land a styling job but realistically I think she could afford to coast along with being an influencer even when the ads dry up. Lizzy is only where she is because of family money she must have easily spent £150/£200k of family money since living in London, she must have a huge reserve.
In a recent podcast episode Lizzy talks about preparing to move again and hints about investing in property. All the properties Lizzy has lived in since living in London have been worth between £1-1.5M so I’m assuming if Lizzy buys it will be in line with those, I can’t imagine her living somewhere ‘un-trendy’ or un-aesthetically pleasing. Living off family money I assume she wouldn’t qualify for a mortgage, does anyone have any idea of how well off her family are?

Reactions: 5
In the podcast episode with Anne I’m sure Anne said she co-owned a marketing/PR company that was focused towards Kitchens.
I’ve always wondered how Anne really feels about Lizzy being an influencer because having worked in the industry Anne must know that influencers are just a marketing trend and their longevity is questionable.

I don't think Lizzy would ever settle for an office job, I think Lizzy could easily land a styling job but realistically I think she could afford to coast along with being an influencer even when the ads dry up. Lizzy is only where she is because of family money she must have easily spent £150/£200k of family money since living in London, she must have a huge reserve.
In a recent podcast episode Lizzy talks about preparing to move again and hints about investing in property. All the properties Lizzy has lived in since living in London have been worth between £1-1.5M so I’m assuming if Lizzy buys it will be in line with those, I can’t imagine her living somewhere ‘un-trendy’ or un-aesthetically pleasing. Living off family money I assume she wouldn’t qualify for a mortgage, does anyone have any idea of how well off her family are?
While I have no doubt that Lizzy has some family money lying around, you're greatly underestimating how much these influencers make. I doubt she's spent that much of her trust fund, if at all.

While I have no doubt that Lizzy has some family money lying around, you're greatly underestimating how much these influencers make. I doubt she's spent that much of her trust fund, if at all.
I’m not mistaken Lizzy’s accounts are online, she’s heavily reliant of family money.

The year Lizzy moved to London her business made £33,450 pre-tax (she paid herself even less) yet her rent for year was either £36,000 or £38,000. Living in London Lizzy wouldn’t have met the affordability criteria for the rent so would have needed to pay the full years rent upfront, in cash. If Lizzy moved to London and lived within her own income she could have only afforded a flat share in Notting Hill. Then there are the additional living costs such as food, travel, clothes and all that expensive furniture she bought.

Even now Lizzy’s earning aren’t impressive even compared to the likes of Lily Pebbles and The Anna Edit.

• Wow
I’m not mistaken Lizzy’s accounts are online, she’s heavily reliant of family money.

The year Lizzy moved to London her business made £33,450 pre-tax (she paid herself even less) yet her rent for year was either £36,000 or £38,000. Living in London Lizzy wouldn’t have met the affordability criteria for the rent so would have needed to pay the full years rent upfront, in cash. If Lizzy moved to London and lived within her own income she could have only afforded a flat share in Notting Hill. Then there are the additional living costs such as food, travel, clothes and all that expensive furniture she bought.

Even now Lizzy’s earning aren’t impressive even compared to the likes of Lily Pebbles and The Anna Edit.
That just doesn’t seem realistic knowing how much influencers get paid for ads. Even if she only did a couple a month she’d be earning way more than that. Suspect there is some dodgy accounting going on to minimise her tax liability.

Reactions: 3
That just doesn’t seem realistic knowing how much influencers get paid for ads. Even if she only did a couple a month she’d be earning way more than that. Suspect there is some dodgy accounting going on to minimise her tax liability.
You’re suggesting that Lizzy illegally submitted a falsified tax return, which she could goto jail for, to artificially lower her income and evade tax?

Lizzy was a low-tier influencer when she moved to London she obviously threw a tonne of family money at being an influencer and it has paid off as she is earning more now but there is no denying Lizzy is the epitome of privilege and she wouldn’t have got where she is without her family’s money. She might not want to admit it but tax returns don't lie.

Sorry to be dumb, not my forte at all. According to these, her earnings are 65k last year? Certainly not enough to afford to rent her current flat. Am I reading that right? Even if she isn’t spending on clothes and whatever else she gets gifted, no landlord would rent a 2k+ per month flat looking at those earnings.

Sorry to be dumb, not my forte at all. According to these, her earnings are 65k last year? Certainly not enough to afford to rent her current flat. Am I reading that right? Even if she isn’t spending on clothes and whatever else she gets gifted, no landlord would rent a 2k+ per month flat looking at those earnings.
They would also look at how much a guarantor earns though right? I assume either Lizzys mum or someone else she knows will be rich enough to be her guarantor and cover her rent. But doesn’t Lizzy also “earn” money through properties she bought while she was at uni, she’s a landlord also? Would Landlords also count that as yearly earnings?

They would also look at how much a guarantor earns though right? I assume either Lizzys mum or someone else she knows will be rich enough to be her guarantor and cover her rent. But doesn’t Lizzy also “earn” money through properties she bought while she was at uni, she’s a landlord also? Would Landlords also count that as yearly earnings?
That’s what I mean, she wouldn’t be able to rent that property without the guarantor. I had to have 6 months rent up front and a guarantor when first moving to London. It’s hard! I don’t think other assets are calculated, certainly I have never been asked in letting flats.

Influencers do not get paid equally for the same ad. It depends on your market value. A brand will pay more to get Fleur to do an ad than they will pay Lizzy. Just like a brand will pay more for an ad in a magazine with a higher circulation or for a commercial at prime time on tv compared to a commercial at a different time.

Plus, Lizzy works for expensive brands, but those are often also smaller brands that may not pay as much as Boohoo.

Does Lizzy still own the house in Leeds? Even if she does the rental income would not cover London rent prices. It’s a bit of a moot point as Lizzy would have bought that house when she was 19/20 without ever having a job, she wouldn’t have qualified for any type of mortgage so she would have used family money to buy it outright.

It’s probably also important to note that Lizzy is registered as a limited company so it is not her personal income shown in the tax returns, the money belongs to her business and can’t be used for personal use. Lizzy will have to pay herself a salary from the company accounts or withdraw dividends which she will again get taxed on.
Maybe someone more educated in tax can explain it better, I know how my accountant does my tax returns but I’m not sure if the practice can differ?

I wonder how Lizzy is going to go in Lockdown? Will she head back up north or see how things go in London. I also live alone and have gone through a second lockdown, and it was hard.

I feel like she can manage it, I don’t know why but I imagine she will try to make the best of it as there is an actual time frame for it’s end. I’m not sure if she’ll still be able to adopt the cat under lockdown but if she can that will definitely help her

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Lindsey’s new sofa looks like a mattress. I don’t get it. 🤷‍♀️
Lindsay just put a question on her stories - how are you and how can I help you? LOL she’s so bleeping out of touch it’s hilarious. And honestly, if someone was really struggling, how could she help them? Send them photos of her awkward posing in her bikini?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.