Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tried watching a Lizzy blog again after a long time.

I’m no psychologist, but rewatching Buffy all the time makes me think she’s unconsciously trying to go back to a time in life when everything was good. Maybe to before her dad passed or something. I believe psychologists say that that sense of nostalgia eases anxiety.

I mean, you can’t relate everything back to the death of a parent at a young age, as there are plenty of people who go through that and do not have mood swings like Lizzy. But maybe if life isn’t planning out like as you’d wanted in other areas, than feelings like that can become stronger. I definitely think she’s missing a sense of purpose and I’m not sure the lonely influencer life is that good for her.

Anyway, I do not enjoy watching such a troubled person. I’m all for keeping it real and being honest about your emotions, but I personally do not watch YouTube to watch sad people. I hope she feels better soon.

Reactions: 11
I saw a comment on her recent Instagram post saying that she doesn’t respond to her followers at all and I was wondering what you guys thought? I get what the commenter meant but also understand that you can’t reply to everything...?

I saw a comment on her recent Instagram post saying that she doesn’t respond to her followers at all and I was wondering what you guys thought? I get what the commenter meant but also understand that you can’t reply to everything...?
She does seem to respond to very few comments. Less than other influencers I’ve seen. That said, sometimes the responses you do see from influencers are very rote and empty. Very little real engagement etc.

But again, as you say, it would be impossible for her to respond to everything.

Reactions: 2
That's a shame if it's true, I remember messaging Lizzy a few years ago to ask her a question and she replied really quickly and was very helpful. She even took a picture to show me what she meant.

Of course the thumbnail of her latest vlog (where she is holding ice cream) is just of her legs..

Haha, I don't know what made me roll my eyes more, the legs or the ice cream to prove that she's eating.

Reactions: 3
That's a shame if it's true, I remember messaging Lizzy a few years ago to ask her a question and she replied really quickly and was very helpful. She even took a picture to show me what she meant.
Yes I agree, she has replied to every dm I’ve ever sent her so my experience is quite different but I imagine the commenter meant she doesn’t respond to comments

Reactions: 1
Please someone make sense of the ‘cardigan over the shoulders on top of a jacket’ look. I do not/cannot comprehend.

Reactions: 7
This is a thing I've noticed among all fashion bloggers though, not just Lizzy. Even ones who used to show their faces all the time. It just seems like a really odd trend and one that unfortunately seems like it was made to highlight homogeneity. Can't count how many times I've scrolled through Youtube or Pinterest and seen a headless a photo that I thought was one blogger but turned out to be someone else with the exact same style.

This is a thing I've noticed among all fashion bloggers though, not just Lizzy. Even ones who used to show their faces all the time. It just seems like a really odd trend and one that unfortunately seems like it was made to highlight homogeneity. Can't count how many times I've scrolled through Youtube or Pinterest and seen a headless a photo that I thought was one blogger but turned out to be someone else with the exact same style.
Maybe for sponsored posts they want it to be all about the clothing and make sure the brand doesn’t use their photo and face elsewhere without them knowing about it.

I think this headless/backwards/phone covering their faces trend comes from @mbv and @nycbambi (and of course, everyone's inspo lately, the Halpins). They are both incredibly successful (influencer wise) and they are both pretty insecure about their face's as they've mentioned before. In my opinion both stunning and quite striking but with pretty unsymmetrical faces. The kind of girls that when you see candid pictures of them taken by someone else you think "oh wow, based on what they post I expected them to be prettier". Specially Marie, she's the queen of hiding her face. Both Lizzy and Lindsay interact quite a lot with Christie (nycbambi).

Reactions: 3
I think this headless/backwards/phone covering their faces trend comes from @mbv and @nycbambi (and of course, everyone's inspo lately, the Halpins). They are both incredibly successful (influencer wise) and they are both pretty insecure about their face's as they've mentioned before. In my opinion both stunning and quite striking but with pretty unsymmetrical faces. The kind of girls that when you see candid pictures of them taken by someone else you think "oh wow, based on what they post I expected them to be prettier". Specially Marie, she's the queen of hiding her face. Both Lizzy and Lindsay interact quite a lot with Christie (nycbambi).
That explains a lot, actually. I'd never seen their content until now, and wow. Honestly, Instagram is just an echo chamber these days.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 11.19.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 11.19.41 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes!!!!! Although Marie (@mvb) has stated that for her the cropping/headless photos came from her feeling insecure about her facial appearance and has only just recently started to incorporate her face more - no one asked but I think she is very beautiful! Whereas I think Lizzy & Lindsey are way more confident about showing their faces and perhaps just crop their images as a way of copying Marie’s success

Reactions: 4
Yes!!!!! Although Marie (@mvb) has stated that for her the cropping/headless photos came from her feeling insecure about her facial appearance and has only just recently started to incorporate her face more - no one asked but I think she is very beautiful! Whereas I think Lizzy & Lindsey are way more confident about showing their faces and perhaps just crop their images as a way of copying Marie’s success
Totally. I feel like Marie accidentally created this trend that came from her own insecurity without even realizing it. Super glad she's slowly showing her face more though, she's really different and has a very unique beauty. I think that by cropping her face she added importance/focus to the body/outfit and we all know how Lizzy loves to show her body/how skinny she is/how tall she is, so of course she would jump on to this bandwagon...

I feel like tumblrs like Death by Elocution also did this way before it was a trend. I agree that it definitely showcases the outfits, but I think in the case of DBE, it was about anonymity more than an aesthetic choice. Now everybody does it, regardless of their level of fame.

Personally, I find it disturbing as it feels like a form of erasure. Like those athleisure/fitness ads you see of a super skinny girl with a humongous ponytail (always with the humongous blonde ponytail...) where you never see her face... by presenting the woman as simply a "hot" body with no identity or individuality, it invites you the viewer to envision yourself as her. But if we don't see a face, it's harder to form a connection--maybe that's fine for selling yoga pants, but I still don't get why bloggers are so fond of doing it. I could be reading way too much into this, but it's such a pet peeve of mine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.