Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't even know there was a Meghan Markle thread!

I tend to just follow the threads on here these days for the lolz, rather than the actual 'Influencers' themselves. I'm sure they'd be thrilled by that approach! (y)

Reactions: 8
Do you guys follow @pollyvsayer?? She has half the following of Lazy & Lost but gets double the engagement?! She got 40 comments on her recent and that’s without replying back! Our two struggle to get 20 these days

Reactions: 7
Agreed, some of the most popular threads are genuinely scary. I ventured into the Meghan Markle thread *once* and saw someone compare her to a monkey. It was vile.
Same here for the lolz and the community really. I only follow this and Brittany. I somehow stumbled upon the Hinch one. I don't follow her so have no clue but jeez that thread has really got in for her. Had to abort immediately.

Do you guys follow @pollyvsayer?? She has half the following of Lazy & Lost but gets double the engagement?! She got 40 comments on her recent and that’s without replying back! Our two struggle to get 20 these days
Wow, she’s on another level and so much genuine engagement- will follow. Don’t see any navy brigade!

Reactions: 5
Anyone read this ?
It's been discussed a lot in the Tattle in the Press thread (including some of the claims disproven...) As has been said may times before, tattle is very mild compared to Kiwifarms, reddit, some football forums, 4chan etc.

Reactions: 10
Yeah she's the only person of the sheerluxe crew I have much affection for! Seems genuinely just very nice and makes interesting choices with fashion.

Reactions: 4
Yeah she's the only person of the sheerluxe crew I have much affection for! Seems genuinely just very nice and makes interesting choices with fashion.
It amazes me how many followers Lizzy has accumulated, perhaps been in the game for longer. Polly’s style is far more influential.

It amazes me how many followers Lizzy has accumulated, perhaps been in the game for longer. Polly’s style is far more influential.
Lizzy has been blogging for ages - since she was at uni. Then when she graduated she was lucky enough financially to be able to take a chance on blogging full time when the market was ripe for it. I have been following Lizzy since the Manchester flat with Harry. Back then she was a good follow I think - she had interesting content, more realistic price points, far less gifted stuff. But she's definitely of a generation of fashion bloggers whose success is in part just down to timing IMO.

Reactions: 19
I am so bored of the mejuri sponsored content she does. Yawn! She refers to the same dainty necklace in every single vlog. Ended up watching her vlog in 3 mins flat. Had to fast forward loads of it.

How many jackets does this girl need. It's ridiculous!

Reactions: 16
Do you guys follow @pollyvsayer?? She has half the following of Lazy & Lost but gets double the engagement?!
I really like that she re-uses her items so much. I love her prada bag and that it’s in pretty much every outfit.

Influencers can say what they want about tattle, but they weren’t so narcissistic they wouldn’t be obsessed with reading about themselves. I think they come hear looking for the validation, don’t find it, and then get upset about it.

• Heart
I really like that she re-uses her items so much. I love her prada bag and that it’s in pretty much every outfit.

Influencers can say what they want about tattle, but they weren’t so narcissistic they wouldn’t be obsessed with reading about themselves. I think they come hear looking for the validation, don’t find it, and then get upset about it.
She’s fabulous, I love her and I adore that she gets her personality across through her IG stories! She honestly feels like an incredibly fashionable friend. She does a brilliant weekly feature where she asks her followers for items they’re looking for + price range and she’ll post them all to a highlight! Lizzy and Lindsey could never be so helpful, they can’t even do a bloody gift guide

Reactions: 8
Something that pisses me off about youtubers (and Lizzy does it quite a lot) is when they don't edit unnecessary parts from their videos. On her last vlog she included a clip of herself signing off but then the video continued for like 6 more minutes so she said "I know the last clip you saw was me signing off, but I'm still here!". Like... why? Couldn't she just NOT include those clips and continue with the vlog and sign off once it was really going to finish? It's not like the vlog's live, she has the power of editing....... what's the point? Is it pure laziness and literally exporting the content in order it was filmed and pressing save? It makes it look so half arsed, specially when she has time to add pretentious music to aesthetic clips but then can't be bothered to cut a few clips that make no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Lizzy and Lindsey could never be so helpful, they can’t even do a bloody gift guide
Ahh let’s not encourage them to try one now to prove us wrong. I can’t deal with seeing anymore mejuri bits or extra expensive navy knit being suggested as the ideal present for someone 😿

Something that pisses me off about youtubers (and Lizzy does it quite a lot) is when they don't edit unnecessary parts from their videos.
As someone who does a fair bit of audio editing I find this the epitome of lazy too. I think they think they can get away with it as relatable and candid, but it just makes them look sloppy, haphazard and bloody annoying. Can you imagine them doing one of our jobs for the day? Attention to detail has left the chat.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Something that pisses me off about youtubers (and Lizzy does it quite a lot) is when they don't edit unnecessary parts from their videos. On her last vlog she included a clip of herself signing off but then the video continued for like 6 more minutes so she said "I know the last clip you saw was me signing off, but I'm still here!". Like... why? Couldn't she just NOT include those clips and continue with the vlog and sign off once it was really going to finish? It's not like the vlog's live, she has the power of editing....... what's the point? Is it pure laziness and literally exporting the content in order it was filmed and pressing save? It makes it look so half arsed, specially when she has time to add pretentious music to aesthetic clips but then can't be bothered to cut a few clips that make no sense.
Very put and noted! Couldn’t understand it myself!

Reactions: 5
I just watched Lizzy’s vlog and then straight after one by another vlogging YouTube-er and it’s so obvious how little effort she puts into editing. It’s such a shame I feel like she has a great eye, amazing tech and she’s in New York. I really wish she’d step up and put a little more effort into editing, not just sad indie tunes and and wobbly shots.

considering she’s doing such amazing things I really wish she’d create content! I know her audience is due to longevity of her blogging but like I could make a better edited TikTok in my lunch break on a broken iPhone8.

Even just a little title card from the day of the week would help with context between hotel room rants and coffee runs?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Watching her in NYC is making me slightly ill. It's like watching someone go to London for the first time and spend time enough there to go to a proper pub, eat a Yorkshire and hang out with Brits and wax lyrical about how fantastic England is when they really know nothing. I had to fast forward through it too.

As far as tattle getting bad press - well yes, influencers have large followings by definition so when they get upset it makes sense that their whining would get publicized. And a few of the threads are pretty gross.

But it seems to me that most of them are women writing intelligently about what's really on their minds. Are so many members of tattle disgusting trolls? Unlikely. Or is this a counter balance to the outsized promotion of a life lived perfectly that contributes to unrealistic material and physical goals young women are presented with as "achievable" on the daily?

I'd say the later.

Any actual honest opinion on their channels is generally deleted to reflect only sychophantic adoration. If they allowed a respectful dialogue, tattle might become unnecessary. Pendulum swinging to the middle is a good thing in my mind. Not allowing abuse, but providing space for alternate views so that other women can come together to say, no, this isn't quite right.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Watching her in NYC is making me slightly ill. It's like watching someone go to London for the first time and spend time enough there to go to a proper pub, eat a Yorkshire and hang out with Brits and wax lyrical about how fantastic England is when they really know nothing. I had to fast forward through it too.

As far as tattle getting bad press - well yes, influencers have large followings by definition so when they get upset it makes sense that their whining would get publicized. And a few of the threads are pretty gross.

But it seems to me that most of them are women writing intelligently about what's really on their minds. Are so many members of tattle disgusting trolls? Unlikely. Or is this a counter balance to the outsized promotion of a life lived perfectly that contributes to unrealistic material and physical goals young women are presented with as "achievable" on the daily?

I'd say the later.

Any actual honest opinion on their channels is generally deleted to reflect only sychophantic adoration. If they allowed a respectful dialogue, tattle might become unnecessary. Pendulum swinging to the middle is a good thing in my mind. Not allowing abuse, but providing space for alternate views so that other women can come together to say, no, this isn't quite right.
Well said, @brerwhabbit. Even when Lizzy didn't have quite so big a following as now, she had a Tattle/GG thread, while other comparative influencers did not. Hm, I wonder why? Could it be that people can see through bullshit? And don't like seeing their engagement pay someone's bills but not get reciprocated? Look, no one likes to read negative comments about themselves, but you can take it in stride and learn from the constructive criticism (and ignore the trolls), OR reconsider what you put on your inherently public platform. With Lizzy, BB, Anna Edit, the majority of the complaints are about how boring and repetitive they are. And their sense of entitlement. Yes, some of the comments are about their appearance, which can be hurtful, but the truth is, you can't help what you're born with so you just have to learn to tune it out.

Reactions: 13
Watching the new vid and I remembered that The Beacon has really crappy acoustics. The Bob Dylan concert must have been doubly horrible despite what she said 😂

Since she loves BD so much, I wonder if she’ll go see Girl From the North Country on Broadway.

The Mejuri ad was lazy AF.

One more thing. This woman bought a whole ass house, but neither misses having a kitchen nor feels cooped up for weeks in a hotel room. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE. She could’ve bought a flat and still had more space than her hotel room.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I do not feel anything I say here is crossing the line, and I often see threads self-correct if the tone is too harsh. But maybe I’m not on the most aggressive threads.

Boring, privileged and thirsty are the main criticism here. I was on another thread where someone who claimed to be a psychologist sort of compared the topic person to a narcissist and that’s where I did specifically say I do not agree with anything that even remotely resembles a diagnosis, certainly not such a heavy diagnosis.

We must cover every section of society on here, personally I go into gurus and other topics and haven’t got a clue who a virtually all are in the families & instagrammers etc sections

I see a lot of constructive criticism in the threads I’m most interested in, but on the other hand I’ve found myself on random threads through nosiness and boredom and I see stuff that is just bloody horrible

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.