Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bob Dylan is 80. I like him too, but there is a limit. 😆
IDK one of the best gigs I ever saw was the Buena Vista Social Club. Most of them were in their 80s and 90s.. absolutely cracking show . Such energy and vibrancy.. had us all up and dancing at the end

sidenote my bfs sisters 3 yr old likes Bob Dylan but in his renditions the lyrics are actually coherent

Reactions: 6
May I refer my learned friend to post #984 on the second thread..

I still don’t understand how they thought this was a good way to explain the why to the book.
Either you really really like *ick and no even tonsillitis will stop you or you are just trying to impress a guy/fulfill an expectation (last two the opposite of empowered women) 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, what happened to the book? Will we see some Xmas signing opportunities? With a Q&A beforehand?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I still don’t understand how they thought this was a good way to explain the why to the book.
Either you really really like *ick and no even tonsillitis will stop you or you are just trying to impress a guy/fulfill an expectation (last two the opposite of empowered women) 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, what happened to the book? Will we see some Xmas signing opportunities? With a Q&A beforehand?
Bargain bins??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lizzy just shared a book about adventures in the art of being alone it's written by a woman who moved to New York...I start to think she really will stay there, lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Lizzy just shared a book about adventures in the art of being alone it's written by a woman who moved to New York...I start to think she really will stay there, lol
I had to chuckle at that one.. it's v literary. It's abut how art helped someone who was lonely... the author actually doesn't live in NY any longer. It's a book that means a lot to me as it was the first gift my BF gave me when we started dating. I always highly recommend it to people and it's one of my favourite.. I feel it's sullied now :(

Reactions: 14
The Lonely City by Olivia Laing as I recall is as ever a thought provoking, beautiful book that leaves you in awe of life, society all it entails. Most likely it appears Lizzy may divide her time between New York and London, but to what ends? Loneliness and, purpose affects everyone this has been exacerbated by covid. I personally find this time up to Christmas a long one and I’m yearning for spring.

Reactions: 10
The Lonely City by Olivia Laing as I recall is as ever a thought provoking, beautiful book that leaves you in awe of life, society all it entails. Most likely it appears Lizzy may divide her time between New York and London, but to what ends? Loneliness and, purpose affects everyone this has been exacerbated by covid. I personally find this time up to Christmas a long one and I’m yearning for spring.
Perfectly put here..I wish I had the money to divide my time or spend so much in NY.. my bf lives there and I haven't seen him for 2 years..Lizzy makes my blood boil.. every day there's so many things I wish I was doing over there or places I was going or miss like hell

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember reading The Lonely City and thinking it was not what I expected at all.

This is Lizzy’s version of Eat, Love, Pray - London woman goes to NYC, and writes a book that is part memoir, part art history. I mean…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I remember reading The Lonely City and thinking it was not what I expected at all.

This is Lizzy’s version of Eat, Love, Pray - London woman goes to NYC, and writes a book that is part memoir, part art history. I mean…
Geez EAT PRAY LOVE.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had to chuckle at that one.. it's v literary. It's abut how art helped someone who was lonely... the author actually doesn't live in NY any longer. It's a book that means a lot to me as it was the first gift my BF gave me when we started dating. I always highly recommend it to people and it's one of my favourite.. I feel it's sullied now :(
Don't worry. It will be forgotten and it's spine turned inwards for the aesthetics soon enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Breaking the planet by making use of sales on items people otherwise couldn’t afford: bad! Breaking the planet by accepting copious amounts of gifting that we don’t need: good! Cheers Linda
490B7F5E-4273-4B41-AC8B-00F96D2C0ACB.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Breaking the planet by making use of sales on items people otherwise couldn’t afford: bad! Breaking the planet by accepting copious amounts of gifting that we don’t need: good! Cheers LindaView attachment 882798
I came on here to say the exact same thing.
Is she really that tone deaf.
She really is taking the piss.
Hey you lot don’t break the planet but hey I can! #gifted

• Haha
Hey Linda, maybe you should be directing this at your best mate, who has about 1,325 jumpers, coats, and shoes she doesn't need.

• Haha
Is Lizzy hiding her lips in all of her photos recently because of too much filler? 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Reactions: 5
The book must have sold terribly, they are selling the signed editions that were limited to the first thousand copies as standard on Amazon.

We all knew Lizzy’s interest in Luigi would diminish when international travel resumed but I find Lizzy’s treatment of Luigi really quite disgusting.
Lizzy’s only had Luigi for a year but she has already spent three months, if you add the previous holidays to Italy and Spain, away from him. A quarter of his life and not through any ill health, misfortune or work opportunities.
She must not have any real bond with him but you know as soon as she returns to London he’ll be dragged back down from her mothers house. Lizzy will gush over him, disregarding the fact she abandoned him for over two months straight only posting a few token pictures of him, until the the next time she drops him like a hot stone.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.