Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s def got a lad there. Otherwise well weird that she’s fled back so super quick. She’s only just got back from there.

being stuck in that dingy hotel room for 3 months thought she would have savoured her time in her new home.
Is she renting her place out? So she going to put all her stuff in storage?

i can’t be bothered watching her vlog. Sorry peeps for asking any obvious questions.
I don't think she's renting the place out yet - though I think she mentioned that possibility in the video, when talking about why she bought a house. There are still renovations going on at the moment. Which she's left unsupervised, yet again 😬

Reactions: 6
Lizzy paid £1,050,000 for her house!
I wonder what made her buy it? There were better located properties at the time she could have bought for that price.
I find her house a bit problematic, she definitely paid a premium for the two storey extension/reno and that's the part I don't like. This is just personal preference but personally I don’t like how the square utility room juts into the kitchen, it cuts off too much light to the dining room and creates those two cavernous corridors either side it.
Lizzy needs a big open space for her bigger dining table with the glass legs and having the second smaller dining table in the kitchen just seems pointless and makes the glass legged one a bit redundant, sitting there in that dark room. It's like the house doesn't even suit her own needs.

Lizzy is in a bit of a pickle.
You can’t just rent your house out when you have residential mortgage, you have to get consent to let from the mortgage provider - even if it gets approved they only last a year and she wouldn’t be able to live in the house during that time, she would need to be a proper landlord with tenancy agreements, safety certificates, insurance, the works to satisfy the mortgage provider. They’d increase her mortgage rate to match a buy to let mortgage too and all of that probably wipes out any financial benefit of renting the house.
Boring legalities I know but just shows Lizzy hadn’t been considering living between London and New York when she bought the house. If she was I’m guessing she would have bought a smaller property/flat outright and wouldn’t have had any constraints when it came to renting.

Unless she wants to risk getting caught for mortgage fraud she might have to suck it up and pay both her mortgage and New York rent at the same time. Realistically we just know she will want to rent somewhere in NY in the $5K a month bracket.
Honestly she would be better off just visiting NY every few weeks throughout the year but then that probably doesn’t topple Linda’s Portugal plans. Considering Lizzy only got Luigi to keep up with Linda getting Arthur this just seems like Lizzy’s latest attempt to keep up with Linda.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree she has met someone in NYC. I just think it’s crazy because this is a repeat of Ben - she was constantly flying to HIM. I can’t help but feel bad for Lizzy sometimes
Don’t. She makes her own choices. If the lesson wasn’t learnt with Ben it will come in another form until she faces it…. Going to get my popcorn now. Shame it will be a drama and no a romcom…

Lizzy paid £1,050,000 for her house!
I wonder what made her buy it? There were better located properties at the time she could have bought for that price.
I find her house a bit problematic, she definitely paid a premium for the two storey extension/reno and that's the part I don't like. This is just personal preference but personally I don’t like how the square utility room juts into the kitchen, it cuts off too much light to the dining room and creates those two cavernous corridors either side it.
Lizzy needs a big open space for her bigger dining table with the glass legs and having the second smaller dining table in the kitchen just seems pointless and makes the glass legged one a bit redundant, sitting there in that dark room. It's like the house doesn't even suit her own needs.

Lizzy is in a bit of a pickle.
You can’t just rent your house out when you have residential mortgage, you have to get consent to let from the mortgage provider - even if it gets approved they only last a year and she wouldn’t be able to live in the house during that time, she would need to be a proper landlord with tenancy agreements, safety certificates, insurance, the works to satisfy the mortgage provider. They’d increase her mortgage rate to match a buy to let mortgage too and all of that probably wipes out any financial benefit of renting the house.
Boring legalities I know but just shows Lizzy hadn’t been considering living between London and New York when she bought the house. If she was I’m guessing she would have bought a smaller property/flat outright and wouldn’t have had any constraints when it came to renting.

Unless she wants to risk getting caught for mortgage fraud she might have to suck it up and pay both her mortgage and New York rent at the same time. Realistically we just know she will want to rent somewhere in NY in the $5K a month bracket.
Honestly she would be better off just visiting NY every few weeks throughout the year but then that probably doesn’t topple Linda’s Portugal plans. Considering Lizzy only got Luigi to keep up with Linda getting Arthur this just seems like Lizzy’s latest attempt to keep up with Linda.
Would it still be fraud if she rents to a friend? I’m guessing she doesn’t want to put things into storage. So perhaps something like Linda and the haplin sisters are doing? It would mean she can keep her room abs stay whenever whilst getting extra cash.
Also what’s with the Portugal plans? Sorry I stopped checking her page. Is s he going there for the summer? With her man? And the kid? I’m confused

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Would it still be fraud if she rents to a friend? I’m guessing she doesn’t want to put things into storage. So perhaps something like Linda and the haplin sisters are doing? It would mean she can keep her room abs stay whenever whilst getting extra cash.
Also what’s with the Portugal plans? Sorry I stopped checking her page. Is s he going there for the summer? With her man? And the kid? I’m confused
I think it would be considered fraud when money is involved. I have friends who had to emigrate due to work during their mortgages fixed term and had to go down the consent to let route, even though they wanted to rent to a friend. Their mortgage provider insisted on market value rent and all paperwork in tow, otherwise they had to leave their flat vacant which causes other problems.
More from the persecutive that Lizzy hasn’t considered New York long term, otherwise she would have known this when buying her home. She will find it very difficult to switch between renting and being able to live in the property intermittently.
Joanna Halpin and Linda is different in terms Joanna never lives in her London home, so she could have consent to let or changed to a buy to let. All of them live very public lives so they would be foolish to do otherwise, if the mortgage providers find out they could call in the mortgage early. It’s just a messy situation.

In December Lindsey started posting on IG stories that from March she would be spending a lot of time in Portugal. Mainly asking for advice on longterm rentals because she couldn’t find a nice one, maybe a subtle beg for one or a discount? Linda hasn’t really said why she’s going there but maybe boyfriend, surfing or perhaps realising her work is drying up and needs to look for alternative income?
Since then Lizzy has started backtracking, saying was trialling living in New York when originally she was only going to North America for a month, with two weeks in Canada first, that’s hardly living there. If the building work was completed on time wouldn’t she have come back as planned? Even in the vlogs Lizzy made it seem like a one time experience. Now it just seems like another attempt to keep up with Linda, and honestly why would anyone model their life on Lindsey Holland?

Reactions: 12
Thanks for the explanation! I guess their public life has its downsides. We may never know why she has suddenly decided to split her time between the two cities. But getting a cat and buying a house seem to make this move harder rather than easier.
Portugal in March? Not sure she’ll do it. I think a cry for attention, (message to the boyfriend that she could leave, hot surfers….) she wants commitment…

Reactions: 5
Since then Lizzy has started backtracking, saying was trialling living in New York when originally she was only going to North America for a month, with two weeks in Canada first, that’s hardly living there. If the building work was completed on time wouldn’t she have come back as planned? Even in the vlogs Lizzy made it seem like a one time experience. Now it just seems like another attempt to keep up with Linda, and honestly why would anyone model their life on Lindsey Holland?
This is so true- both getting a cat and investing in property that you're doing up (I doubt her intention of doing up the bathroom and getting that expensive ass sofa ++ was for the joy of her future tenants) are typically moves you make for settling down a bit more...I'm gonna go back and see what she says about it in the vlog where she gets Luigi, if I remember correctly she says she won't travel as much/plan better for future travels...

Will she be able to rent out such a big space to people other than students? A big family maybe? I wouldn't want to trust my house with a bunch of students, sorry! (I'm a student myself so I feel like I am allowed to take the mick a bit haha)

Everyone that has moved abroad knows how much stuff you need to sort out just by merely existing and living an everyday life, and that is minus owning property + being self- employed etc. In essence Lizzy needs to sort out living + working situations in both countries. Literally hope she has made an informed decision and knows everything that needs sorting/gets help from people that do, otherwise she might be setting herself up for some serious problems. And as someone has mentioned earlier in the thread, The US doesn't care, if you faff up you're out for life. No more romantic getaways then, I'm afraid.

Surely she could just rent it out on Airbnb? Or is that still not allowed until get mortgage agreement? Does she even have a mortgage? It's obvious she has A LOT of money.

Reactions: 9
Lizzy has a mortgage. I was talking about Lizzy with a friend, her husband has access to Land Registry as part of his job that’s how I found out the sale price.
I think Airbnb is still problematic, depending on her mortgage terms she might not be allowed to or would be limited to the amount of days per year she could rent the house out for. Taking that into consideration, insurance with owning a lot of expensive items and/or storage costs, would it be worth the risk?

Even though she is wealthy unlike some other influencers there seems to be a limit to her wealth. Considering how much Lizzy spent on rent over the years I’m surprised she didn’t have an extra £150/200k in her budget to buy the same size and style of property in a more central location.
Not dissing where Lizzy lives, a lot of my friends live between her old rental and Millfields Park, but usually you only spend that much on rent if you can afford to comfortably buy in those areas.

That’s why I think Lizzy’s found herself in a bit of a mess, New York just seems like an impulsive decision Lizzy hasn’t properly thought out. If Linda had kept Arthur and Portugal wasn’t on the cards Lizzy would probably still be content with the house and Luigi.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I feel like they are both frantically trying to compensate for the standstill everyone has experienced over the past two+ years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Where else can she move apart from US or Australia (Australia is still closed), US is the closest thing to her comfort zone. She wouldn’t move to anywhere in Europe because they don’t speak English as first language (although they are very good at it). The influencers in the states are so much better than the Brits. I am not sure how can she keep up? Also is she still working with warehouse or any UK brands? Is she expecting PR gift to be sent to her from the UK to US?

Reactions: 7
The hustle culture is real in the US. Influencers there work so much harder. Lizzy is going to find it extremely hard to compete.

Where else can she move apart from US or Australia (Australia is still closed), US is the closest thing to her comfort zone. She wouldn’t move to anywhere in Europe because they don’t speak English as first language (although they are very good at it). The influencers in the states are so much better than the Brits. I am not sure how can she keep up? Also is she still working with warehouse or any UK brands? Is she expecting PR gift to be sent to her from the UK to US?
This is one of my problems. Playing it safe. No wanting to ditch NYC. But I personally do not find it more inspiring than London. She will be doing the same s*it, just different place. Without her friends/family network.

Reactions: 9
JESUS. Looking at Linda's stories, and surely the only title for the next thread can be MIDLIFE MELTDOWN

Screenshot_20220115-141207-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20220115-141222-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20220115-141227.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Come on. She's got to be trolling us at this point!

I really don’t think Lizzy tries to keep up with Linda …. It’s the other way around.
Linda hasn’t the money or sponsors to jet back and forth.
Her content is stale and stagnant.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.