Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would’ve expected her to have a cleaner!
Lizzy used to have cleaner, how often I don’t know but she’s def mentioned them in all her previous flats. Although, going from a 1 to 2 bed and now an “adult house” aka student looking house, the cost for a cleaner will be higher, naturally!

Reactions: 5
If she can afford to move into a hotel in NYC for over a month, she can figure out a way to afford to not have muck all over the feet of her friends once they step foot in her house! Or at least pay them all a small fee to not advertise the squalor on their instagrams

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Did Lindsey not go home to see her family this Christmas? I saw no photos or any mention on her wall… I thought she was quite close to them…
Also, I must admit she does look really happy with her new boyfriend, if a tad obsessed (legs all over him, always). I hope it works out for her. It’s a tricky time the mid thirties, not wanting to rush things but knowing you can’t waste too much time…

Now, the one thing I can’t get my head around is the photographing and ‘videoing’ of everything. Am I the only person who just enjoys other’s company without the need to continually record every hug, kiss or head massage? Or does sharing this, mean you get to keep it longer? What does ‘telling the world you’re happy’ search for? Likes? Envy? That you’re worth it..?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Lindsey is clearly one of those people who “loves to be in love” (ie. can’t be single). She goes all in, head first, and probably is intoxicated by that new relationship energy, hence loves to shout it from the rafters to anyone who’ll listen. I imagine she really is happy, but I wonder if all the public displays of affection is also her convincing herself of how happy she is. More likes and external validation = she made the right choice.

Reactions: 13
What I find the most interesting is that Lindsey rarely ever posted James. Which I don’t doubt is due to reluctance on his part although he did feature in some of her vlogs. The plastering of Jack all over the feed is a bit jarring and almost comes across as though she hasn’t really learned her lesson about broadcasting her relationships. If they break up the questions will be in their thousands!

eta: I think Lizzy’s experience with having to address Ben when she’d really rather have not should’ve taught Linda a thing or two

Reactions: 10
If she can afford to move into a hotel in NYC for over a month, she can figure out a way to afford to not have muck all over the feet of her friends once they step foot in her house! Or at least pay them all a small fee to not advertise the squalor on their instagrams
TBF it looked an incredible rundown and seedy looking hotel.. ya know the place Sid Vicious might kill his gf

Now, the one thing I can’t get my head around is the photographing and ‘videoing’ of everything. Am I the only person who just enjoys other’s company without the need to continually record every hug, kiss or head massage? Or does sharing this, mean you get to keep it longer? What does ‘telling the world you’re happy’ search for? Likes? Envy? That you’re worth it..?
No I also don't get this . I think it stems from a need to be validated constantly. I have been in a LDR with my partner and for 4 out of our five years it's been long distance . He lives in NY. I haven't seen him in years .. obviously due to the panini. I have a total of 4 pics with him all take before we even started going out.. since then only 1 has been taken by a friend of his and I don't have access to that pic. I admit I cannot understand people who have their pics taken continually in a relationship.. I know some of this is down to us both being private people and wanting to keep our relationship private for various reasons but I can never understand why people take pics etc all the time.. just enjoy being together

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
TBF it looked an incredible rundown and seedy looking hotel.. ya know the place Sid Vicious might kill his gf

No I also don't get this . I think it stems from a need to be validated constantly. I have been in a LDR with my partner and for 4 out of our five years it's been long distance . He lives in NY. I haven't seen him in years .. obviously due to the panini. I have a total of 4 pics with him all take before we even started going out.. since then only 1 has been taken by a friend of his and I don't have access to that pic. I admit I cannot understand people who have their pics taken continually in a relationship.. I know some of this is down to us both being private people and wanting to keep our relationship private for various reasons but I can never understand why people take pics etc all the time.. just enjoy being together
I'm very much the same with my bf, don't follow or post each other on socials and people think it's weird. The only person I need to validate my relationship is him, I'd rather live in the moment and create genuine memories exclusive to us.

Lindsey is clearly one of those people that can't have fun if no one knows about. I look at some of these influencers parties with tons of photos of the night and just think, and party I've had an amazing time at I've been off my phone engaging with those around me, so had no need to take loads of photos

Did Lindsey not go home to see her family this Christmas? I saw no photos or any mention on her wall… I thought she was quite close to them…
Do you think it would be because she's avoiding awkward questions from family regarding the demise of her relationship. Aunts, uncles grandparents etc can be an absolute nightmare about intruding on relatives love lives and maybe she couldn't be arsed with the agg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Tbf I remember her going home to put the
Christmas tree up with her dad as a surprise for her mum but that was a bit before the 25th?

Reactions: 4

I hope you're able to see him soon! ♥ Stupid panini.

Reactions: 7
He lives in NY. I haven't seen him in years .. obviously due to the panini.
I'm not sure if this was intentional or original (I may have missed something important) but I'm loving panini as a nickname for the pandemic!

I can't remember a thing before the panini, nothing. It's not the new normal anymore it's the old bleeping, here we again for the 100th time, we've learned nothing, send in the clown cars, normal.

Hence the word panini is funny, as I've clearly gone mad in my echo chamber devoid of regular conversation except with my 2 pups and time delay plagued chats over FaceTime and Zoom.

Heck, before the panini, I never knew tattle.life existed 🙃

P.S. I used to live with an Italian chef. We both moved to Australia so that we could be together. He used to get incensed that the Australians would say "would you like a panini?". He would say "pani-NO, pani-NI is many panini". LOL. He got over that eventually. What a pain in the ass Italians can be about their language (to be fair, anyone about their native tongue). My headmistress aunt in Spain would always pour over the menus (for Brits who can't be bothered to learn Spanish) looking for spelling errors. bleeping A - get.a.life. But I digress...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think Lindsey just lives for male validation, I don’t think she really gave herself enough time to perhaps understand why her last relationship ended. Lindsey was still talking about babies and rings when they recorded the podcast in March, in April when they recorded the audiobook it was over and she was already planning to meet someone when she moved back to London. I wonder if her ex gave her hints that things weren’t going too well between them and did Lindsey just ignore or not understand them?
Did Lindsey really want to spend the rest of her life with James? Or did she just want the ring and a child? Does it matter who gives her that? As she’s just picked up where she left off with her new guy, I bet she ignores a lot of red flags and compromises just to be in a relationship as soon as possible.

I am late to the bathroom bashing party but it is just so bland, the faucets are a borrowed idea from Anne’s bathroom and the wall tiles taken from Lizzy’s last rental. That is exactly what Lizzy’s bathroom looks like an inoffensive rental bathroom.
The glass bricks are just meh, neither make an impact or offensive, and they stop at a weird height. Lizzy should have really done the whole wall, moved the electrics for the light switches, for them to have any real effect otherwise just they look like a dated feature you can’t afford to remove. But then it is a bathroom so why would you want glass bricks leading to the hallway in the first place? In that regard they are worse than the ones in Max Renn’s apartment.
The floor tiles on the other hand are just a bizarre choice, the colour and size of them just make it look as if Lizzy has a brick wall on her floor. Who even puts subway tiles on the floor?
Neither of the tiles were similar to the ones she showed in the vlogs before the work began so something has obviously gone very wrong along the way.

I hate the sofa too. Before Lizzy had it made she said it was Japanese but what on earth makes that sofa Japanese? It looks like a day bed made out of MDF sheets Lizzy put together with a stable gun in her back garden. I imagine it is horrendously uncomfortable and already looks out of shape, especially considering she’s been away for most of the time she has owned it.

Lizzy’s IG following has started slowly decreasing again, how long until she starts buying followers again? She’s been in this cycle for awhile now and I’ve always wondered with influencers is it worse for them, in terms of getting ‘work’, to have a declining following? Or to have a large amount of bought followers and low engagement rate?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think Lindsey just lives for male validation, I don’t think she really gave herself enough time to perhaps understand why her last relationship ended. Lindsey was still talking about babies and rings when they recorded the podcast in March, in April when they recorded the audiobook it was over and she was already planning to meet someone when she moved back to London. I wonder if her ex gave her hints that things weren’t going too well between them and did Lindsey just ignore or not understand them?
Did Lindsey really want to spend the rest of her life with James? Or did she just want the ring and a child? Does it matter who gives her that? As she’s just picked up where she left off with her new guy, I bet she ignores a lot of red flags and compromises just to be in a relationship as soon as possible.

I am late to the bathroom bashing party but it is just so bland, the faucets are a borrowed idea from Anne’s bathroom and the wall tiles taken from Lizzy’s last rental. That is exactly what Lizzy’s bathroom looks like an inoffensive rental bathroom.
The glass bricks are just meh, neither make an impact or offensive, and they stop at a weird height. Lizzy should have really done the whole wall, moved the electrics for the light switches, for them to have any real effect otherwise just they look like a dated feature you can’t afford to remove. But then it is a bathroom so why would you want glass bricks leading to the hallway in the first place? In that regard they are worse than the ones in Max Renn’s apartment.
The floor tiles on the other hand are just a bizarre choice, the colour and size of them just make it look as if Lizzy has a brick wall on her floor. Who even puts subway tiles on the floor?
Neither of the tiles were similar to the ones she showed in the vlogs before the work began so something has obviously gone very wrong along the way.

I hate the sofa too. Before Lizzy had it made she said it was Japanese but what on earth makes that sofa Japanese? It looks like a day bed made out of MDF sheets Lizzy put together with a stable gun in her back garden. I imagine it is horrendously uncomfortable and already looks out of shape, especially considering she’s been away for most of the time she has owned it.

Lizzy’s IG following has started slowly decreasing again, how long until she starts buying followers again? She’s been in this cycle for awhile now and I’ve always wondered with influencers is it worse for them, in terms of getting ‘work’, to have a declining following? Or to have a large amount of bought followers and low engagement rate?
I remember in the one and only podcast epidsode I could stand listening to, it was during lockdown and she said they'd not been getting on and arguing terribly. I remember thinking it sounded quite worrying about their relationship how bad she made it sound!

I'm sure most people bickered and got pissed off with people in lockdown but she made it sound like they hated each other but she didn't seem concerned or to find it worrying she was laughing about it.

This is all so ON POINT and brilliantly written (imho LOL).

I am not Italian, but I get irrationally mad when someone uses the plural s on already plural Italian words. Zucchinis, Paninis, Tartufis, etc.
I get annoyed when people add a plural "s" to Japanese words (ex, there is no "kimonos." It's just kimono). Or write redundant things like "salsa dip" or "chai tea".

Anyway, what's up with Lizzy's latest IG post where it looks like it was taken by a sniper or the FBI on a stakeout? I guess she is just so enamored with herself and ~pHoToGrApHy~ that a photo that isn't a selfie or taken directly in front of a reflective surface must be groundbreaking.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am not Italian, but I get irrationally mad when someone uses the plural s on already plural Italian words. Zucchinis, Paninis, Tartufis, etc.
LOL that would have caused a meltdown

I get annoyed when people add a plural "s" to Japanese words (ex, there is no "kimonos." It's just kimono). Or write redundant things like "salsa dip" or "chai tea".

Anyway, what's up with Lizzy's latest IG post where it looks like it was taken by a sniper or the FBI on a stakeout? I guess she is just so enamored with herself and ~pHoToGrApHy~ that a photo that isn't a selfie or taken directly in front of a reflective surface must be groundbreaking.
Totes.

While we're at it, and I'm late for leaving for an appointment so why not just keep typing inane comments on tattle, my eye twitches (slightly) when hearing "I'm OCD"

Are you obsessive compulsive disorder or just obsessive compulsive?

Or are you the OG OC? (no, you can't me, that's me)

But then I come from a very strange fucked up family. My dad forbids the use of the word very, calling it a lazy word.

Streuth.

And he's not some crazy weird intellectual but a Geordie engineer who has never studied the humanities (not that Geordies can't be smart, I mean hard to imagine a snobby clever Geordie).

But again, I digress.

Oh right Lizzy and Lindsey - who are they again?

Last edited:
  • Haha
LOL that would have caused a meltdown

Totes.

While we're at it, and I'm late for leaving for an appointment so why not just keep typing inane comments on tattle, my eye twitches (slightly) when hearing "I'm OCD"

Are you obsessive compulsive disorder or just obsessive compulsive?

Or are you the OG OC? (no, you can't me, that's me)

But then I come from a very strange fucked up family. My dad forbids the use of the word very, calling it a lazy word.

Streuth.

And he's not some crazy weird intellectual but a Geordie engineer who has never studied the humanities (not that Geordies can't be smart, I mean hard to imagine a snobby clever Geordie).

But again, I digress.

Oh right Lizzy and Lindsey - who are they again?
Haha. You made me laugh out loud.

Who are they, indeed?
Currently they seem to be on two divergent trajectories: Lizzy, on paper, seems to be doing well. Bought a house, is financially independent, and gets sent free stuff to promote via her ‘creativity’, yet she seems so bloody miserable. My guess, because she’s single.
The other one, on a rental, having broken up with the love of her life, not quite living the London life she had hoped for with the move. Lacks talent, creativity and charm. Yet she has a new man, so probably busy naming her future children….
They both lack appetite for life!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.