Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's what I was thinking too! Like how does she have loads of friends in NYC if they aren't just like other influencers who she's talked to via Instagram DM.
None of it makes sense. If you're in New York for that long, get an Airbnb, not some expensive yet dingy hotel!? And what work is she doing?! Replying to emails? Looking at the Arket website?! She seems so bored by the whole thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It's interesting that she talks about wanting to respect the privacy of her friends/people when she takes photos of random strangers and then uploads it to her stories.
She's been doing yt for a long time and since she fancies herself a creative person, no one should have to tell her what to feature in her vlogs or how to capture the places she visits in a visually compelling way.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think the overall problem with her vlogs is that every single one is the same. You can literally predict what will happen. She will go to get coffee approx 27 times. If I hear her say coffee one more time I might scream. What is the obsession with coffee? Like, the entire world drinks coffee, why is it so special that it MUST be mentioned ALL THE TIME. I feel like emphasising the coffee so much makes them feel like oooo I'm so tired because I'm SO busy because I'm a very busy and important influencer, don't you know.

Then there will be 3 or 4 new jumpers which look exactly the same as the last 3 or 4 jumpers she was kindly gifted, and all of them will be SO SO good. And also comfy and cosy guys, I mean can you believe it?. A JUMPER IS COMFY AND COSY? Never even heard it.

Then she will wonder around a few streets, but we will just see her face and her coffee and it'll be set to some 'cool' melancholy guy singing.

That's it. That's the vlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think she likes to think she's a free spirit or adventurous and cultured because she travels or whatever, I think she's missing the point of the comments about being boring - people are basically saying "you went to that amazing place and all you did were the same things you do back home?!" Coffee, books, shopping - that's her comfort zone isn't it.
Also, if you don't think the colour of the green is showing up properly on your camera, just direct everyone to the Arket website and save yourself 5 minutes of vlog footage.
Had to smile when she started talking about privacy - all these vloggers who've overshared things we haven't asked to see or hear about on their channels for years (boys, periods, their other annoying influencer friends...) Are now suddenly pulling their metaphorical coats around them and asking for privacy!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think the overall problem with her vlogs is that every single one is the same. You can literally predict what will happen. She will go to get coffee approx 27 times. If I hear her say coffee one more time I might scream. What is the obsession with coffee? Like, the entire world drinks coffee, why is it so special that it MUST be mentioned ALL THE TIME. I feel like emphasising the coffee so much makes them feel like oooo I'm so tired because I'm SO busy because I'm a very busy and important influencer, don't you know.

Then there will be 3 or 4 new jumpers which look exactly the same as the last 3 or 4 jumpers she was kindly gifted, and all of them will be SO SO good. And also comfy and cosy guys, I mean can you believe it?. A JUMPER IS COMFY AND COSY? Never even heard it.

Then she will wonder around a few streets, but we will just see her face and her coffee and it'll be set to some 'cool' melancholy guy singing.

Hahah 100% you nailed it on the head. My thoughts exactly. So so repetitive and she’s actually putting me off the thought of having coffee before I swing it over her head

Reactions: 11
She’s talking about privacy when her and Linda literally told the whole world about giving BJs with a throat infection or something

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Also, if you don't think the colour of the green is showing up properly on your camera, just direct everyone to the Arket website and save yourself 5 minutes of vlog footage.
Considering the fact that Lizzy is into photography, it’s a very easy fix in editing to fix the colour. Or just post a picture in the corner of the video but that’s just too much effort for Lizzy.

Reactions: 9
I thought it was rich how someone such as Lizzy would stay in a hotel with no good mirrors to take outfit shots in. So every "what I'm wearing" bit is her trying to contort her body to fit her camera, so we lucky viewers get a bunch of headless segments of her body. Honestly, if you know you're gonna be there for weeks, just go out and buy a cheapo full length mirror from Target. Leave it in the hotel room or put it out on the curb when you check out and someone will take it in 2 seconds. But ah, I guess she is either too clueless, lazy, or frugal for that, even though I shudder to think how many other things she's needlessly bought or been gifted on this trip.

Reactions: 8
Oh, you guys are soooo unfair! There was a GREEN sweatshirt you ungrateful nitwits! Not navy or black but strong green. Ok yeah, it is so so so so comfy and is basically her going to get coffee in the morning sweatshirt...yawn. 😩 Also, she had to wait in for parcels and go for lunch and drinks...you know...BUSY!

Ha ha, when she went in the bathroom with the bath running I thought we were watching the toilet flush. More of that please. 😀

I hardly ever watch a full vlog like this but just wanted to see how she’d “progressed”. Nah, I’ll leave it thanks. 😑

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Lizzy is conscious how her content comes across, but demands constructive criticism? By demand I mean picking out that comment, get over yourself. Why can’t you do that for yourself that’s your job, sorry you’ve loads of work, coffee buying and walks so you can’t… Particularly when Lizzy knows her content of late lacks anything remotely relatable- jetting off, spending frivolously, gifted, press trip, ads, house renovation. She has worked hard clearly although, the aim of the game is work smarter not harder. Constant praise for a job well done when it isn’t at all. Most people if they didn’t or couldn’t do their jobs are fired, however I’m in no way saying aspects such as mental health don’t affect one’s ability it does.

The paid gigs are awful to watch for most to know(assume) you’ll spend that money on high end designer, but fail to appreciate, care or look after anything of value. New York or the travel videos come across as someone running away because back home individuals she knows/work friends are all getting married, just married followed by pregnancies or have given birth. In no time at all that may well be Linda hence, why Lizzy wants to hop over the pond to start afresh with all her supposed friends. An opportunity to be open, create a discussion on this currently during covid, continuing, post- it’s one of many huge issues.

Lizzy frustrates me on her coffee runs why, oh why do we need to know and, to me it is healthy at all for anyone to consume that much? Secondly, just please STOP saying lovely with that accent and, lastly trying yet failing to show your collaboration by using the edge of the bath completely and utterly disgusting. Wearing shoes in her house but in a hotel room… Did you really go to Japan? They’re known for cleanliness and respect such as removing outdoor shoes into indoor shoes, footwear etc., Again she badly wants to come across as something she doesn’t at all appear to practise- cultured and highly intelligent just use your common sense. I’m baffled how she goes through adult life genuinely because I’m shocked at basic things she can’t do.

Content I’d prefer to see: business and honest financial income(most want a better work, lifestyle) again another starting, opportunity. A little crazy instead of agencies Lizzy, could start her own, be her own boss then become a mentor to other startingup influencers, designers etc, interior design content, process. Begin a hobby learning to cook, get back into artistic endeavours NOT about to drop off a film. All that money and time, but she appears bored only just trying to fill the days.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can't with these upstate trip photos. Where do I sign up to get invited to fancy bed and breakfasts in the countryside? Someone tell me what I need to do.

Step 1: quit my job.
Step 2: start posting really bad photos of things on IG and tag Maison Margiela.
Step 4 ???
Step 5: Profit!!!

I know this all comes from jealousy, no doubt about that, but I am so over this witch.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Glad all the fast fashion sponsored content provides enough money for her to Uber all around NYC 🙄🙄🙄

Glad all the fast fashion sponsored content provides enough money for her to Uber all around NYC 🙄🙄🙄
AND by staying in a hotel instead of an AirBnb, that means she is going out for every single meal, snack, tea, and coffee because she doesn't have a kitchen. Like, she keeps going on about her routine, and how she could see herself living there. Hun, people who live in New York usually don't take taxis everywhere and eat out every single day. They also have to compromise on location, so if you want to live in Manhattan? Well, sucks for you unless you make a few hundred thousand dollars a year, have roommates, or a partner who can also contribute to rent. She is living in a fantasy world.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is brilliant 😂
I watched one of her old vlogs. And she replied to the boring criticism, she said she doesn’t have soo much fun with clothes and keeps it to a minimum because she cares about sustainability. 🤣🤣
Lol. The very premise of their jobs and livelihoods is TOTALLY antithetical to sustainability. You make money off people buying tit. And the more tit they buy, the more money you make. I mean convince yourself however which way makes you feel better but this is bonkers levels of delusional.

At the very least her old testing basics was arguably more pro sustainability as she would review basics from different brands and it maybe told someone if you get THIS jumper you won’t need much else as a core basic etc. Buying second hand is MORE sustainable, but at the end of the day it is NOT sustainable if all you do is consume. Don’t forget all the online deliveries and the carbon footprint of the orders from far fetch etc. She owns like 100 iterations of the same exact thing.

If her style was maximalist I could at least see why she has such a large wardrobe but she doesn’t have that aesthetic at all. It’s various shades of monotone with the very occasional colour (navy and God forbid red) thrown in. So it’s 10 converse lookalikes, 50 navy jumpers with very small differentiations, and 100 pairs of jeans. Just a small bit of contemplation and surely she has to realise that influencers would make no money if the world stopped consuming in droves, and their presence on social media only serves to make people wish they had this or that other thing. If influencers never existed total fashion industry revenues would be far lower and at 1990s levels. ANY consumption is unsustainable if you simply don’t NEED it. I get it’s hard to have the whole world with all our advancements and higher wages change our buying habits, but please just don’t masquerade as caring about sustainability if you haven’t thought this through properly. As a major participant in the modern economy and a city lifestyle I certainly am not living sustainably and I am under NO illusion that I am just because I buy second hand sometimes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Literally crying……

Also, what is with all the "going to develop film?" Surely if she's just going to use the pictures on her blog she can just plug her camera into her laptop, edit and upload from there? Can you imagine what's on those rolls - half a peeled orange, the back of a stranger's head who she thought "looked cool", 5 million cups of coffees in various states of drank, selfie upon selfie upon selfie, gloomy light and shadows... Basically rolls full of photos of things the rest of us used to take photos of, to use up the film

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Also, what is with all the "going to develop film?" Surely if she's just going to use the pictures on her blog she can just plug her camera into her laptop, edit and upload from there? Can you imagine what's on those rolls - half a peeled orange, the back of a stranger's head who she thought "looked cool", 5 million cups of coffees in various states of drank, selfie upon selfie upon selfie, gloomy light and shadows... Basically rolls full of photos of things the rest of us used to take photos of, to use up the film
But it’s ✨film✨ and she only shoots on Portra okay!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That’s the thing, if her photos were any good I could maybe understand the film thing. But they’re not, bar a few holiday photos where it’s the landscape doing the work of making it a photo you want to look at.

The best photos she has posted are ones good photographers have taken of her in flattering angles. Not photos she has taken herself of anything. And, she’s taken so many photos at this point you would think she would be getting better!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Glad to see her sponsored trips upstate were all with women who look exactly like her - skinny and white (aside from Brass Tacks). How’s that diversity work going, eh?

Also, when I suggested in my iteberary she go upstate, I didn’t mean on two separate 24-hour sponsored stays with brands. I’m starting to think these brand trips are just the influencer version sof retiree bus trips where everything is planned, paid for in advance and you have very little freedom to explore.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.