Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for the double post, but she needs to put Testing Basics to bed. Tank tops? Really? Scraping the bottom of the barrel, Liz.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.14.37 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry for the double post, but she needs to put Testing Basics to bed. Tank tops? Really? Scraping the bottom of the barrel, Liz.

View attachment 509678
yep, I was also surprised bc I think most of the basic have been done (and probably by people who are more trustworthy), I'd be interested in her testing some new patterns/cuts/more extravagant clothes, she could use all those collaborations too

Reactions: 4
yep, I was also surprised bc I think most of the basic have been done (and probably by people who are more trustworthy), I'd be interested in her testing some new patterns/cuts/more extravagant clothes, she could use all those collaborations too
And who wants a video on brogues so close to spring/summer?

Reactions: 3
And who wants a video on brogues so close to spring/summer?
Ha, that I can understand as I wear brogues even during summer/spring when it's no exactly tropical as they provide me nice ankle support (does it makes sense?) + the decent ones are on the more pricey side but you have no guarantee of their quality and fit, so, I'd definitely watch a video on that. Then I remember Lizzy wouldn't probably go as deep into her analysis and would snap a picture saying "yeh, they're alright" and move onto the next sponsored pair. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Ha, that I can understand as I wear brogues even during summer/spring when it's no exactly tropical as they provide me nice ankle support (does it makes sense?) + the decent ones are on the more pricey side but you have no guarantee of their quality and fit, so, I'd definitely watch a video on that. Then I remember Lizzy wouldn't probably go as deep into her analysis and would snap a picture saying "yeh, they're alright" and move onto the next sponsored pair. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah, I wear brogues year round too, but also we’re still working from home sooo. My fave pair have been in their dust bags and box for over a year!

Reactions: 3
The problem with Testing Basics is that now that Lizzy has adopted this androgynous, BB clone aesthetic, her stylistic range is too narrow and outside the norm (and often wildly outside most peoples' price range) to be useful. Take blazers for example. We know she's not going to bother with a classic longline tweed or chic-yet-office-appropriate blazer. No, Lizzy is going to choose the most oversized, ill-fitting, $$$$ blazer with ridiculous shoulder pads from The Frankie Shop that pretty much nobody but other influencers would realistically wear. On the other end of the spectrum, you have "Long-sleeved t-shirts" and "tank tops" which are just way too general. She might as well ask if we want to see a Testing Basics on "shoes". Plus, I just can't condone her buying five more of the same item, when she has more than enough basic clothes to last her the rest of her life. Her rankings and exclamations that she'll wear something "so, so much" ring hollow when you remember that she has 10 other similar pieces languishing in her closet, waiting to see the light of day.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
An idea for a Testing basics she is qualified to do: Summer cocktails for the garden.
Or how to turn your cat into a supermodel. I'd appreciate that as my fury idiot REFUSES to strike a pose.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Here is a ss from her insta story. Its branded as a sustainable choice but clearly just a pathetic way for influencers to make more money
lol, I feel like they've crawled too far into their own arses. This kind of service makes sense when it comes too more expensive/extravagant pieces (doesn't net-a-porter or the likes offer the same?) But who on earth would rent a basic black skirt. Come on now.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Tell me your are a twit without telling me you're a twit - wear a jumper on my shoulders

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
lol, I feel like they've crawled too far into their own arses. This kind of service makes sense when it comes too more expensive/extravagant pieces (doesn't net-a-porter or the likes offer the same?) But who on earth would rent a basic black skirt. Come on now.
I’m all about the sustainable option, but this is a far reach. They’re using their clout and built-in following to make more money (for themselves and the brand). Hurr is the UK Rent the Runway, but I don’t know anyone who would rent such basic stuff from an influencer if given the choice. The draw of RTR is mostly needing something special for an event that you don’t want to buy yourself (i.e., wedding guest dress, vacation) or you’re bored of your work wardrobe so want to shake it up and buy the membership to inject some fun, maybe pricey, pieces. And we always go back to the fact that she’s now going to continue to profit off of something she got for free in the first place.

...similar add from Lizzy incoming...

Reactions: 8
Both Lizzy and Mejuri linked to this video via IG stories yesterday and safe to say at 540 views in 24 hours it flopped.

And are those tulips in the thumbnail? The same tulips that are toxic to cats…

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.