Lizzy and Lindsey #8 Picking cities like they pick pets: Here today gone tomorrow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saying “A situation I would move heaven and earth to change, given the option” is such a cliche and utter nonsense. Firstly there is no option so it’s pointless and secondly no one is dumb enough to say “yeah it was sad when x died but hey at least I’m not renting - swings and roundabouts I guess”. Inherited wealth is such a huge help in life, just own it?? No need to temper it by pulling on grief heartstrings.

(Ditto “I swear on my mothers life I didn’t xxxxx”. It’s not like your mum is going to drop dead if it turns out you’re lying so just shut it. )

Reactions: 8
I wonder what made her finally admit to it now? She didn't have to include it in the book at all, and could have gone on letting her followers think she really did it all by herself. But of course, being Lizzy, whenever she reveals something personal (giving BJs while having tonsilitis doesn't count) she glosses over the details. It's so frustrating when people try to downplay the enormous impact of generational wealth. "I'm an independent woman who built my brand all on my own, and I bought and renovated a house in London ALL BY MYSELF*, so you too can aspire to be like me."

*And my sizable inheritance

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Weirdly just seen this on my FB feed and it’s incredibly apt…
View attachment 1467592
I wish I could like your post twice. So many people try to explain their financial success/early retirement with hard work and frugality, but they also have no debt because parents paid for college or they happened to come into some money from a dead relative. Unfortunately not everyone has such privilege.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I never understood all the hoo-ha around trying to keep the inheritance a secret. There’s always been a discrepancy between Lizzy’s lifestyle vs the money going through her company accounts. She openly mentions her fathers death; comfortable middle class background, being left inheritance is normal and people obviously connect the dots.

I always wondered if/when she would finally acknowledge the inheritance. There’s an old video from Manchester where Lizzy admits when she moved to Manchester and called herself a full-time blogger she wasn’t earning any money from blogging. Lizzy said she had savings to sustain herself for awhile but savings implies you earned the money yourself. In a different video Lizzy said she had previously only worked for four/six months as a part time sales assistant.

I assume the money is probably a mix of inheritance and trust. If Lizzy had any sense I think she must have put the majority down as the deposit on the house but left some provisions for the renovations. New York wasn’t a consideration then so perhaps the renovations budget is now being turned into the NY fund? All the work on the house seems to have stopped.
Similarly if she had more financial reserves I think she would have bought the same style of house in a better area.

Also the fact that she choose to stay in a pretty expensive part of London when she first moved there.. like money isnt really a consideration when it comes to her decision making.
I have seen/ followed a couple of other (lesser known) UK youtubers who are so much more real when it comes to the struggles of trying to rent a place - the location the size of the flat much less the interior decor all became something that was much considered based on what is essential and within budget not what is TRENDY or CHIC watever
I mean nothing wrong if Lizzy is rich, is her life, after all.

Reactions: 9
If Lizzy's removed some innocuous vlogs where she references living in NY, it's likely to do with trying to obscure her timeline for immigration purposes. Lots of posters here (quite rightly) pointed out how stupid it was for her to document closely how long she's spending in each country when it appears she's abusing the 90-day visa waiver program.

Lizzy also asked her viewers for questions about living between London and New York; when the majority of questions were about her finances and visa arrangements, that mission was promptly aborted 😏

I think people underestimate Lizzy's desire to be viewed as someone who is artistic, cultured and worldly. It's the reason she traverses busy urban cities with an always-visible book in hand, the reason she aligns herself with the Italian architect, the reason she taught herself to like wine (lol), and the reason she wants to brand herself as bicontinental. I honestly believe that's a far greater driver for her than trying to copy (older and arguably less successful) Lindsey.

Actually hiding those three vlogs wouldn’t do much for Lizzy’s cause if immigration caught up with her. They know exactly how long she’s spent in NY. Lizzy would need to delete over 80% of the content she’s made in the last year, across all platforms, to play dumb and pretend she was a legit tourist.

That’s why it’s very telling that she chose to only hide these two particular vlogs, Lizzy has far more incriminating videos left on her channel.
The one from November where she calls spending two months in NY a once in a lifetime opportunity - why would she remove this one if she was concerned about immigration?
And the NYE vlog, the way Lizzy fumbles through talking about NY is eerily similar to what Linda said about Portugal on IG a few weeks earlier. Even down to Lizzy saying it was for a year - I forgot she even said that until I rewatched the video last week.
No idea why the other vlog got hidden unless she realised the balaclava really wasn’t a good look.

She is definitely abusing a tourist visa though, slightly awkward when all your followers presume you have gone through the immigration process.
Follower: ‘How much did your visa cost?’
Elizabeth: ‘My ESTA? It cost the same as your ESTA. Hehe.’

• Haha
I never understood all the hoo-ha around trying to keep the inheritance a secret. There’s always been a discrepancy between Lizzy’s lifestyle vs the money going through her company accounts. She openly mentions her fathers death; comfortable middle class background, being left inheritance is normal and people obviously connect the dots.

I always wondered if/when she would finally acknowledge the inheritance. There’s an old video from Manchester where Lizzy admits when she moved to Manchester and called herself a full-time blogger she wasn’t earning any money from blogging. Lizzy said she had savings to sustain herself for awhile but savings implies you earned the money yourself. In a different video Lizzy said she had previously only worked for four/six months as a part time sales assistant.

I assume the money is probably a mix of inheritance and trust. If Lizzy had any sense I think she must have put the majority down as the deposit on the house but left some provisions for the renovations. New York wasn’t a consideration then so perhaps the renovations budget is now being turned into the NY fund? All the work on the house seems to have stopped.
Similarly if she had more financial reserves I think she would have bought the same style of house in a better area.
Thing is her London home isn't even the first house she's bought.

She bought a place in Leeds during her 2nd year at uni (so like 20 years old?) and rented it out to her friends. Yes, her Leeds place would've been exponentially more affordable as it was bought circa 2012/2013 than anything in London right now. But how many people barely out of their teens are buying houses?

Maybe she sold it to funnel money towards her London house, who knows. But ultimately, her inheritance has afforded her TWO homes before she was 30.

Reactions: 20
Thing is her London home isn't even the first house she's bought.

She bought a place in Leeds during her 2nd year at uni (so like 20 years old?) and rented it out to her friends. Yes, her Leeds place would've been exponentially more affordable as it was bought circa 2012/2013 than anything in London right now. But how many people barely out of their teens are buying houses?

Maybe she sold it to funnel money towards her London house, who knows. But ultimately, her inheritance has afforded her TWO homes before she was 30.
Also I would assume the house would have increased in value to the years and covid boom. Crazy world we live it.

Reactions: 6
Her point about her "sustained happiness" is curious. She always seemed like an anxious person, especially earlier in her career when she was overly concerned with follower numbers and making fresh content. Now she CBA about any of that. Coincidence?

Have I missed something? In Lizzy's latest blog she's talking about rearranging her furniture and she says she's thinking about shipping her designer coffee table over to new York and having it there. Does she have a residence there? Why would you ship a very expensive glass table to America if you don't have a place to stay??? I'm lost.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
It will come as no great surprise that only posting three Instagram stories to flog the new version of your own book did not work, so now they’ve resorted to giving it away. One of my London friends who works in PR found a copy in her company’s office, apparently they were sent it but no one seemed to know by who.
She messaged me asking if I knew these two had written a book and sent this - the story everyone is interested in. [Identifiable fingers expertly cropped out by yours truly.]
View attachment 1465015
I’ve already listened to the audiobook, always feel the need to say because it was free, and this is by far the most wild part of the book - the rest is a damp squid in comparison. Anywho I got her to send me the new chapter. It is as underwhelming and performative as you would expect.

I think the most interesting part is Lizzy has finally acknowledged her inheritance! ‘My ability to buy a house in London was facilitated by inheritance money.’ A slight discrepancy from the ‘I did this, all by myself’ attitude of Elizabeth on Youtube. It’s a shame she hid this away in the book that she must have known all of ten people were going to read.

The new chapter is called change, the first part is a conversation on change.
Lizzy - ‘Throughout the summer of 2021 especially; I had so many moments of feeling over-awed by my autonomy.’ Pretentious waffle about growth in self confidence and how she’s become more extroverted.

Linda - Change is the most powerful thing she can do for herself, in the last year she ended her six year relationship. She moved back to London and became depressed, overwhelmed and insular, not because of her relationship ending but because of change. A solo surfing trip to Portugal lifted her depression and she fell in love again.

Next, a conversation on friendship.
Lizzy - Doesn’t really say anything apart from she watched Linda make the decision to end her relationship and friendships are important at this time.

Linda - Gut feeling prompted her to leave James and she slipped into her first depression of her life after her break up. She’s had many chances to live a life that ended in marriage and children but chose not to.
Last year they recorded some podcast episodes in March and Linda was still wanting a ring and baby with James, when they recorded the audiobook in April her relationship was over. So make of that what you will. The original part of the book is filled with Linda gushing over James so I can see why she might want to save face.

Next, a conversation on achievements.
Lizzy - ‘My sustained happiness. That may seem quite abstract but I have never known myself to be so consistently happy before and to bounce back from anything negative so easily.’ And then the part about buying her house.

Linda - ‘Harnessing and protecting my own happiness with a will that I’ve never had before….. Gone are the days where I feel that my achievements must be grand or exist for other people’s approval and validation. We find happiness in the everyday-ness of life.’ Okay, Linda.

Next, a conversation on future plans. - They both ‘simultaneously’ decided to move abroad.
Lizzy - ‘I have decided to pursue a life split between London and New York, a city that has always had a special place in my heart. It’s daunting at times and feels like I am living in a perpetual state of change, but I have realised that is actually a state in which I thrive…..The time I have spent in New York so far has been totally made by the people I’ve got to know there.’

Linda - ‘I fell in love with Portugal when I went there to learn to surf and I know that I thrive in warmer climates in terms of my general mood and health…..Very excitingly, my boyfriend and I have launched a sustainable brand The Longing and our factory is in Portugal. The more we’ve come to understand who we are together, the more we realise that we have both always wanted to live in and explore a new (warmer) city. Everything happened at once and all roads led back to Portugal.’
That’s the only time Linda mentions Jack and not even by name, he gets off lightly.

Next, a conversation on friendship.
This part is short and not interesting. They are going to navigate long distance friendship whilst remaining best friends. At first they were bereft and tears in public places were involved. The last line is ‘all because we do truly love one another very much and nothing will change that, not even thousands of miles.’

The font size and spacing are both generous. Not sure if I can post it all here but for future reference Lizzy Hadfield acknowledging she bought her London house with inheritance money and no she did not buy that house all by herself.
View attachment 1465018

Also, I might be late to the party with this but has anyone else heard of Bilibili?
When I was talking with friends they mentioned a Taiwanese Youtuber who disappeared off the internet one day, deleting her whole channel. Naturally being the creeper that I am I Googled her and came across some of her vlogs someone has re-uploaded on Bilibili.

Algorithms are clearly even bigger creeps than I am, surprisingly I was recommended one of Lizzy’s vlogs. The vlog was one I had already noticed Lizzy has removed from her channel. So I went through the last year of Lizzy’s channel and she has made these three videos private - there might be more I missed.
From January, Back to New York - https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1i34y1i7TK

From January, Living Between London & NY - https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19b4y1n7vL

From late November, Some Future Plans - https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1CM4y1P7gx
My personal favourite. At first I wondered why she removed this vlog, a classic tit quality vlog from Elizabeth featuring some very botched looking lips. Then right at the end she says spending two months in New York is a once in a lifetime opportunity - bingo!

September - Lizzy goes on holiday to North America for one month, two weeks in Canada and two weeks in NY. Talks about extending her holiday by one week but by going back to Toronto. Would have returned home in October if work on the house hadn’t been delayed.

Late November - Lizzy calls spending two months in NY a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Early December - Linda starts posting about moving to Portugal for a year from next March.

End of December - Lizzy starts talking about living between London and NY. Starts horrendously backtracking claims she was purposefully trialling living there, of course Elizabeth must have the idea first - just ignore the previous vlogs.

Elizabeth! You literally can’t make this up, Anne please knock some sense into your daughter whilst she’s in Yorkshire.
This will also be the first time Lizzy has seen Luigi, cat version, since December. Now we are in August Luigi is still under two years old and has now lived with Anne for longer than he lived with Lizzy.

Todays wall of text bought to you from the depths of procrastination and even I am questioning whether I need to do something more productive with my time. Promise I am not obsessed.
My word bravo bravo bravo! This!!!!!

Her point about her "sustained happiness" is curious. She always seemed like an anxious person, especially earlier in her career when she was overly concerned with follower numbers and making fresh content. Now she CBA about any of that. Coincidence?
What a load of BS Is sustained happiness
Have I missed something? In Lizzy's latest blog she's talking about rearranging her furniture and she says she's thinking about shipping her designer coffee table over to new York and having it there. Does she have a residence there? Why would you ship a very expensive glass table to America if you don't have a place to stay??? I'm lost.
she dragged her furniture across the room. I know the floor board is probably duck after so many years, but who drags their furniture across the room like that.

Reactions: 9
Her dad died 10-15 years ago and she already started using the money ever since she started out, the pot doesn’t seem to go down.
My thoughts exactly, unless it was Mamouth and interest has been building over the years. However, she has a mortgage and not bought outright?

So Lizzy admitted to buying the house with inheritance money. Fine. But can someone please explain the exact part that Lindsay is so proud of?
Is it the part about phoning up estate agents? Browsing rightmove? I'm struggling to understand what is making her so proud here...
Just brilliant🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Yep, I’m lost about that one and also about her book! So, they wrote a book and then re-released another version with an additional chapter? Happy to stand corrected.

Btw guys, this new thread is hot!!!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.