Lizzy and Lindsey #10 Single White Female... Oh Come ON, Embarrassing!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would b
Can someone who lives in either NYC or London PLEASE take one for the team and go to one of these events?! The sooner the better since this will fail miserably.

Like is this a book club where you buy a ticket a month in advance and then read the chosen book before the dinner where Lizzy leads the discussion of said book? Is it like wine pairings with a book (Live Laugh Love = crisp, fruity sav blanc)? Is it just an excuse to charge idiot followers money so they may be graced by Lizzy's tastemaker presence?
I would but can't afford it sadly

Have seen these type of thing cost upwards of £30 and not including copy of book or drinks soo a big nOPE on that... we have a free book club at work and i choose the book in the survey according to how much they cost or if I can get from library as the cost of the books are often quite dear even on Kindle. Have had to resort to pretending i have read it on occasion due to the expense
---
I mean she could never! I think as Lindsey has a space to physically meet up with her ‘followers’ Lizzy is following suit in her own way.
oh she could... Jess doesn't engage or respect her followers either

Reactions: 2
How much do we reckon these things will cost?
Lizzy commented on Anna Edit’s Aligne event that was held in her kitchen. I think building a physical community is the new thing to help pump the Substack. I know some people love Substack and say it’s like going back to blogging but I never liked blogs really so to me it’s just a load of bad writing and now they are charging for it.
---
I would b

Have seen these type of thing cost upwards of £30 and not including copy of book or drinks soo a big nOPE on that... we have a free book club at work and i choose the book in the survey according to how much they cost or if I can get from library as the cost of the books are often quite dear even on Kindle. Have had to resort to pretending i have read it on occasion due to the expense
---

And Jess is so posh and unable to understand an everyday person’s perspective too 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't know how Substack became such a phenomenon when blogs exist, but it's the same reason there's an oversaturation of podcasts. I fully believe that 99% of people have nothing meaningful to say, much less anything worth charging for. Most people don't have the discipline to come up with ideas and write on a schedule either. Didn't Brittany Bathgate have a Patreon for a while and basically never updated it? That doesn't fly when people are paying for a subscription.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't know how Substack became such a phenomenon when blogs exist, but it's the same reason there's an oversaturation of podcasts. I fully believe that 99% of people have nothing meaningful to say, much less anything worth charging for. Most people don't have the discipline to come up with ideas and write on a schedule either. Didn't Brittany Bathgate have a Patreon for a while and basically never updated it? That doesn't fly when people are paying for a subscription.
I also want to know how Substack became so popular. Amy Odell is a fashion industry stalwart and charges $5 a month for regular, well-researched commentary and analysis. Then there's Anna charging an arm and a leg for listicles of affiliate links, mostly for things she doesn't even own. Journalists and career writers were kind of forced onto Substack and Patreon because traditional media has been on a downward spiral and the subscription model guarantees a somewhat reliable income. Influencers are just using it to double dip: charging a monthly fee for access to lackluster (relative, of course) content and then affiliate linking everything they mention.
---
I would b

---

I also would show up with my library copy 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I also want to know how Substack became so popular. Amy Odell is a fashion industry stalwart and charges $5 a month for regular, well-researched commentary and analysis. Then there's Anna charging an arm and a leg for listicles of affiliate links, mostly for things she doesn't even own. Journalists and career writers were kind of forced onto Substack and Patreon because traditional media has been on a downward spiral and the subscription model guarantees a somewhat reliable income. Influencers are just using it to double dip: charging a monthly fee for access to lackluster (relative, of course) content and then affiliate linking everything they mention.
---

I also would show up with my library copy 😂😂😂
Also with all the affiliate links behind a paywall it means they get less click thrus it makes no sense

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Also with all the affiliate links behind a paywall it means they get less click thrus it makes no sense
I think it's partially an inflated sense of self. Like they truly believe people will pay a subscription (and then mostly likely forget about it) AND click on their links because they are such tastemakers and are enviable/aspirational!

Reactions: 3
Take some well-meaning dumdum telling them "I'd totally pay for your Patreon/Substack/podcast!" (while having absolutely no intention of doing so) and add the neverending need for external validation and there you have it. More tit for the world to wade through.

Reactions: 3
I think some of these substacks etc. are failed vanity projects - take Anna, she made a big song and dance earlier in the year about pivoting towards Substack and said she was going to scale back her youtube videos to once a fortnight to concentrate on that, she quickly went back to uploading weekly (with the odd additional upload midweek, usually when she had something to shill). If substack was an amazing success and loads of people were paying for it she wouldn't have to revert to uploading more videos.

Similarly I highly doubt many people have paid £200 for her to play polly pocket with their wardrobe photos picking a few outfits together on that dumb Whering app.

Both things just enable her to feed her worrying shopping / dressing up addiction (meanwhile rarely leaving the house / cafe kitchen it appears).

Back on topic - I think the entirity of the new york / london transatlantic lifestyle Lizzy tries very hard to portray is a failed vanity project, she has had no growth in her instagram followers / engagement since moving to new york over 2 years ago.

Reactions: 7
New York was all about copying Lindsey and Lizzy only went with New York because Joanna lives there, I don’t think Lizzy even considered what she’d actually do there. Not to make light of it but New York will always show how bad Lizzy’s mental health is.

Lindsey: Got a dog/Arthur > gave Arthur away > ‘moved’ to Portugal > started Marnie’s.

Lizzy: Got a cat/Luigi > gave Luigi away > ‘moved’ to New York > and now has Buffy’s.

And all the other instances of Lizzy copying Lindsey and her other friends that came before and after, even with Bezos Jr Lizzy suddenly likes jazz. Hearing Lizzy saying she was going to Pizza Express for live jazz is as comical as Prince Andrew’s excuse for being there.

Lizzy must have been fuming these last few years when Lindsey started Marnie’s, I always thought Elizabeth was too inherently lazy to try and mimic it but now we have Buffy’s - female name for obvious reasons.
The online community aspect I can understand but those already exist and are run by people who really cherish books for their content. Not because they’re security blankets for Elizabeth Hadfield to hide behind because she’s too timid to sit in a cafe/bar/restaurant by herself.

The monetised physical events side is just a weird concept. Has no-one told Elizabeth any pleb can book a table in a bar? Not sure many of her followers will be willing to pay the private hire fee for the restaurants Elizabeth frequents either. Nor can I imagine Lizzy acting as host or guiding the conversation either, she’d have to re-read the blurb every 15 minutes.

Naturally, aesthetically pleasing covers or trending books only please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
She should organise a Tattle event instead. Many of us would show up (for free) to discuss Lizzy and her life in a cafe or a bar. And she would learn a lot about herself and her subpar content. It's a win win situation. And it could be the most successful event in the influencer history.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
my thoughts on podcasts have always been its like setting up a tape recorder when you used to sit in your bedroom with your mates talking bollocks. why would you think or why IS anyone else interested in hearing that?

Reactions: 4
She should organise a Tattle event instead. Many of us would show up (for free) to discuss Lizzy and her life in a cafe or a bar. And she would learn a lot about herself and her subpar content. It's a win win situation. And it could be the most successful event in the influencer history.
Oh this👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 1
How the actual F is Lindsey launching another MarrrrrnehhhhhZZZ brand when her towel line just BOMBED?!

• Haha

Sorry Lizzy how old are you? Gold stars won't fly in a book club 😅😅

How the actual F is Lindsey launching another MarrrrrnehhhhhZZZ brand when her towel line just BOMBED?!
Also let's place bets on what we think Ray's is going to be. My bet is some kind of beauty product? Sea salt spray? Or a fragrance developed directly from the oceans of Costa Rica? 😅😅

• Wow

Also let's place bets on what we think Ray's is going to be. My bet is some kind of beauty product? Sea salt spray? Or a fragrance developed directly from the oceans of Costa Rica? 😅😅
Two books a month and she thinks she's qualified enough to charge for a book club? Also she spelled Piranesi wrong

Nah, beauty would be way too much work for her. I think it's probably just branded caps, sweatshirts, merch etc - along the lines of Sporty + Rich.