Lizzo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd make a thread after this news that's just came out, 3 of her former dancers have accused her of all sorts of terrible behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
the amsterdam stuff in the article is 😬😳 - it just kept getting WORSE.

Reactions: 16
These claims are absolutely shocking if true, especially considering her brand is all about empowerment women and being positive.

What I don't understand about situations like this, why did no one step in and challenge any of those behaviour? She must have had more staff than just a dance captain. Did they all just stand around watching these antics and think it was okay? Or were they scared that they would lose their jobs too?

I am interested to see if anything more comes out about this.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m absolutely shocked at this! Literally the last thing I expected, is this her first proper scandal?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
im not going to say i know much about her i dont but being body positive with someone that is very obese i dont think it is good health wise for young girls and boys

im tired of so called body positive is a smoke screen for an unhealthy diet as you dont get that big without hugely over indulging,and yes i need to lose two stone but i dont go around making out its ok and comes with no serious problems

anyway if this is true im glad people are coming out over situations like this and hope they are supported

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I was talking to a friend a about Lizzo earlier on, saying how admirable she is and now this has come out. I don't like to believe everything I read and I don't know if I'm entirely convinced myself. It's kicking off on Reddit about her and we all know Reddit can be a cesspit at times.

Reactions: 3
im tired of so called body positive is a smoke screen for an unhealthy diet as you dont get that big without hugely over indulging,and yes i need to lose two stone but i dont go around making out its ok and comes with no serious problems
Not sure about that. I've seen her live and she's pretty much moving around the stage all the time whilst singing - her level of fitness is way higher than mine and I'm fairly slim.

Reactions: 25
I’m not telling my OH about what I’ve just read because I want him to have another night of not knowing about it. Really gutting if true

• Haha
Reactions: 5
These claims are absolutely shocking if true, especially considering her brand is all about empowerment women and being positive.

What I don't understand about situations like this, why did no one step in and challenge any of those behaviour? She must have had more staff than just a dance captain. Did they all just stand around watching these antics and think it was okay? Or were they scared that they would lose their jobs too?

I am interested to see if anything more comes out about this.
I would imagine scared to lose their jobs. If it is true, Lizzo has been pretty much a media darling so I imagine in that situation no-one would want to go against her/think anyone would believe them. Also if it is your dream job that probably makes you more likely to tolerate things you normally wouldn't.

Reactions: 20
I really like Lizzo so I’m going to be so disappointed if it’s all true. It’s also such a shame as people have instantly jumped on body shaming her in the name of defending the victims.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm not surprised tbh, she has made me feel uncomfortable a couple of times since her early days. I think she attended a basketball game with her bare backside out? In a room full of families and children? Eww.
gettyimages-1192803231.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I'm not surprised tbh, she has made me feel uncomfortable a couple of times since her early days. I think she attended a basketball game with her bare backside out? In a room full of families and children? Eww.
View attachment 2350775
I remember that. At the time anyone who complained was shouted down and called fat shamers or racists.

When in reality it is 1) not appropriate to have your butt hanging out at any event that involves kids and 2) no one wants to sit on a bench knowing that someone else's sweaty backside has touched it directly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Just caught up on this. It’s disgusting.

The poor dancer who soiled herself because she was too scared to take a bathroom break. And then to be given a see through outfit to finish the rehearsal with nothing to cover herself. That’s genuinely horrifying. I don’t know how any human being can treat someone like that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Ugh, taking your team of employees to a strip club is just bleeping weird. It isn't just Lizzo that's being sued here- the dance captain and security are being sued to.

I wonder if it'll end up being one of those cases where there's a lot of noise initially, then you never hear about it again. I expect she'll end up paying a lot of people off to keep them quiet.

Reactions: 16
This is bleeping hilarious.
If she was a guy she'd be cancelled by now.
Because it's Lizzo, however, nobody knows how to react.

I bleeping love it.
---
Sam Smith, Lizzo, Judi Love and so on aren't body positive and inspiring.
They're obese.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
I've usually liked Lizzo, but even when I didn't know any of this stuff alleged, I thought that her persona all had to be about being sexy. She didn't seem to come up with any other way of being an empowered black woman (except when she played Madison's flute, that was cool). It's all about being scantily clad, being outrageous, saying that she's sexy to get a cheer from her fans.

I don't think any of that is bad per se, I just wish she valued herself for something else, and set an example to her young fans to value themselves for something else. There's nothing wrong with not being sexy! But I guess she wouldn't get much fame or money as a regular flutist. I think the accusations about the strip club fit in with her sexualised, outrageous persona. I'm not sure about the other stuff, but I err on the side of it being true, because those stories are so wild and specific, not like a generic "She was a diva and made us work too hard."

Reactions: 11
beyoncé skipped her name during a performance last night, which is a fairly big snub tbh from someone who doesn’t usually get involved in mess:

intrigued to know how she plans on recovering from this.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7