Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
im not going to say i know much about her i dont but being body positive with someone that is very obese i dont think it is good health wise for young girls and boys

im tired of so called body positive is a smoke screen for an unhealthy diet as you dont get that big without hugely over indulging,and yes i need to lose two stone but i dont go around making out its ok and comes with no serious problems

anyway if this is true im glad people are coming out over situations like this and hope they are supported

• Heart
Reactions: 50

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I'm not surprised tbh, she has made me feel uncomfortable a couple of times since her early days. I think she attended a basketball game with her bare backside out? In a room full of families and children? Eww.
gettyimages-1192803231.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

TheStrawberryThief

I'm not surprised tbh, she has made me feel uncomfortable a couple of times since her early days. I think she attended a basketball game with her bare backside out? In a room full of families and children? Eww.
View attachment 2350775
I remember that. At the time anyone who complained was shouted down and called fat shamers or racists.

When in reality it is 1) not appropriate to have your butt hanging out at any event that involves kids and 2) no one wants to sit on a bench knowing that someone else's sweaty backside has touched it directly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

ot55

VIP Member
Just caught up on this. It’s disgusting.

The poor dancer who soiled herself because she was too scared to take a bathroom break. And then to be given a see through outfit to finish the rehearsal with nothing to cover herself. That’s genuinely horrifying. I don’t know how any human being can treat someone like that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
This is fucking hilarious.
If she was a guy she'd be cancelled by now.
Because it's Lizzo, however, nobody knows how to react.

I fucking love it.
---
Sam Smith, Lizzo, Judi Love and so on aren't body positive and inspiring.
They're obese.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31

TheStrawberryThief

I have seen some of people on the American gossip sites ( mostly Reddit/Fauxmoi) defending her and saying that people are only making a big deal of this because she is black. Or that it is only natural she has high standards because she must be very driven to succeed as a musician.

Lots of musicians have high standards. Beyonce has high standards for her dancers, but to the best of my knowledge has never forced anyone to eat a banana out of a strippers privates.

There is a difference between having high standards and being abusive to your employees.

• Wow
Reactions: 29

Shinythings

VIP Member
When you've never liked Lizzo and you've always got bad vibes but been called fatphobic and then you become vindicated 💅 It's like Jameela Jamil and Jack Monroe all over again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

hol20x

VIP Member
I have seen some of people on the American gossip sites ( mostly Reddit/Fauxmoi) defending her and saying that people are only making a big deal of this because she is black. Or that it is only natural she has high standards because she must be very driven to succeed as a musician.

Lots of musicians have high standards. Beyonce has high standards for her dancers, but to the best of my knowledge has never forced anyone to eat a banana out of a strippers privates.

There is a difference between having high standards and being abusive to your employees.
Someone always has to play the race card don't they? 🙄 The fact is what she's done is absolutely appalling and no one should have to put up with that in their workplace.

PeteM

VIP Member
im tired of so called body positive is a smoke screen for an unhealthy diet as you dont get that big without hugely over indulging,and yes i need to lose two stone but i dont go around making out its ok and comes with no serious problems
Not sure about that. I've seen her live and she's pretty much moving around the stage all the time whilst singing - her level of fitness is way higher than mine and I'm fairly slim.

These claims are absolutely shocking if true, especially considering her brand is all about empowerment women and being positive.

What I don't understand about situations like this, why did no one step in and challenge any of those behaviour? She must have had more staff than just a dance captain. Did they all just stand around watching these antics and think it was okay? Or were they scared that they would lose their jobs too?

I am interested to see if anything more comes out about this.
I would imagine scared to lose their jobs. If it is true, Lizzo has been pretty much a media darling so I imagine in that situation no-one would want to go against her/think anyone would believe them. Also if it is your dream job that probably makes you more likely to tolerate things you normally wouldn't.

Reactions: 20

FamilyDollarSushi

Chatty Member
When you've never liked Lizzo and you've always got bad vibes but been called fatphobic and then you become vindicated 💅 It's like Jameela Jamil and Jack Monroe all over again.

Even worse if you happen to be a poc.
Apparently I have “internalized racism”…misogynoir🖕
because I’ve never liked her and I’m sure as fuck not kissing her feet after her fuck all bullshit statement.

And who the fuck cares she plays the flute…that shit ain’t original!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19

ContentCrunch

VIP Member
Puts me off me packed lunch 🍌

not a big fan of the chalky texture of a banana on my hands never mind my flaps… so many questions, is it still in the skin? (hope so) did they wash it? What happens to the little sticker?

I’m still not over Danielle Lloyd and her sour cream and onion minge. Again… powdery. Once flew home from Greece after a morning on the beach with half of it in my crack, can still feel the chafe if I think hard enough.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I don't think her size is something to be celebrated, she's dangerously obese and is at serious risk of dying young.

I also think her outfits are gross, and no I'm not fatphobic I say the same thing about thin celebs like Rita Ora who walk around in seethrough outfits.

Re the allegations, I'm not sure, I need to see more evidence before making my mind up
I am sick of seeing stars wiggling bums with their bumcheeks flopping around in chap-like tights, or leotards that are designed to show off the pubic triangle. It’s gross. Same for Sam Smith, but your moobs away. Noone wants to see that.

The more i read about the entertainment industry the more I realise they almost always end up seedy and agenda ridden.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Picklelily

VIP Member
I really like Lizzo so I’m going to be so disappointed if it’s all true. It’s also such a shame as people have instantly jumped on body shaming her in the name of defending the victims.

• Haha

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I don't think her size is something to be celebrated, she's dangerously obese and is at serious risk of dying young.

I also think her outfits are gross, and no I'm not fatphobic I say the same thing about thin celebs like Rita Ora who walk around in seethrough outfits.

Re the allegations, I'm not sure, I need to see more evidence before making my mind up

TheStrawberryThief

I never really understood why Lizzo seems to not want people to comment on her body, but makes her whole image about her size and mentions it repeatedly in her music. It is only natural that people will have opinions when someone does it.

When I discussed this with my BF he said that it probably gets exhausting being asked about it all the time, but then I said " it would be like you releasing an entire album of songs about being bald, and then when someone asked you about baldness you became offended that they noticed you were bald". He agreed that it would be a bit odd.

Reactions: 17

lanathebest

Chatty Member
For me it was when she twerked with her ass out in a sports game if Im not wrong. Anyways there were kids, families, old people there and she showed her ass twerking like that I thought omfg. Time and place… you can’t just do that everywhere. She got backlash but she insisted yes u can do that everywhere but u hate it because u are fatphobic and racist. That was the moment I realized she was a clown
---
If people cancel Lizzo for good then I’d like to see Travis Scott gone too. If he isn’t then there are double standards against women

Reactions: 16

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Ugh, taking your team of employees to a strip club is just fucking weird. It isn't just Lizzo that's being sued here- the dance captain and security are being sued to.

I wonder if it'll end up being one of those cases where there's a lot of noise initially, then you never hear about it again. I expect she'll end up paying a lot of people off to keep them quiet.

Reactions: 16