Lizzo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always found her music annoying, but it is disappointing to find out that someone is a bully. The world doesn't need bullies.

The stunt with the glass flute was cool, but I do wish she'd put her bum cheeks away, whether she's a bully or not. It's not a fatphobic or racist thing, it's just not wanting to see bum cheeks out in public!

Reactions: 6
I used to follow her on instagram (removed when the allegations surfaced) but could never work out why she was showing a healthy diet but still remaining the same size. Well of course I knew why, but the obvious lying meant that when the allegations did surface I immediately believed them becsue I had no trust in her anywayv

Reactions: 3
PR 101: Makes a big announcement i.e. a flounce announcing she is quitting. Then realises no one gives a tit and people are actually taking the piss. Cue massive backtrack stating she is just quitting this negative energy and not music....

Reactions: 7
I think noone has missed her or really mentioned her since last summer when the dancers issue came about, so she's probably pouting about that and will have some new music out soon to claw some attention/money back. I gave her a chance when she first came onto the music scene but the outfits, twerking, and passive aggressive statements on social media etc put me right off her, and then the dancers issue.

Reactions: 8
I saw a recent video of Lizzo ( can't link to original it as it was within someone else's commentary video) were she talks about being on an 'intentional weight loss journey', and realising that she has previously been eating a lot more than she realised because she used it as a way to cope with stressful situations. She appears to be part of the American body positive community and now believes in being body neutral instead.

I think this is probably a good thing. I feel like the idea of 'Bopo' has been corrupted from what it was originally meant to be. It was originally about being confident in your appearance without having to look like a super model. Accepting your normal body, no matter the size, shape, scars etc.

The movement online now appears to be about fat acceptance only, and shaming and bullying anyone who wants to lose weight. A lot of the fat acceptance crew will refuse to lose weight under any circumstances, even if a doctor tells them it will help their medical issues, and refuse to admit that weight can be a factor in some health issues as ' skinny people can get cancer/heart disease/be diabetes'. If someone in the community dies it is not because of a weight related illness, it must be because a fatfobic doctor did not treat them well.

These days, I feel like if someone is fat they deserve to go about their every day lives without people shouting abuse at them. But I also think that we should not lie to people and tell them there are no consequences to their actions, or in the case of people like Lizzo, ignore that sometimes the weight is being caused by an unhealthy coping mechanism. No therapist would ever tell a client that they should just eat when they felt stressed or sad, they would always encourage finding other ways to deal.

I don't care for her music or behaviour, but I think it can only be good for her to try and find other ways to cope with stress than what she has done in the past. I think it will also be helpful to a lot of people to see someone high profile talking about this being a struggle for them, and seeing that there are ways out of emotional eating.

I am assuming here that she is actually not talking bullshit here and taking drugs and not telling us.

• Heart
Reactions: 4