Lizzo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have seen some of people on the American gossip sites ( mostly Reddit/Fauxmoi) defending her and saying that people are only making a big deal of this because she is black. Or that it is only natural she has high standards because she must be very driven to succeed as a musician.

Lots of musicians have high standards. Beyonce has high standards for her dancers, but to the best of my knowledge has never forced anyone to eat a banana out of a strippers privates.

There is a difference between having high standards and being abusive to your employees.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I have seen some of people on the American gossip sites ( mostly Reddit/Fauxmoi) defending her and saying that people are only making a big deal of this because she is black. Or that it is only natural she has high standards because she must be very driven to succeed as a musician.

Lots of musicians have high standards. Beyonce has high standards for her dancers, but to the best of my knowledge has never forced anyone to eat a banana out of a strippers privates.

There is a difference between having high standards and being abusive to your employees.
Someone always has to play the race card don't they? 🙄 The fact is what she's done is absolutely appalling and no one should have to put up with that in their workplace.

Reactions: 25
Anyone watched the Lizzie doc on prime finding the dancers? 2 of them are in it. I’m not believing what I’ve read in the press until she responds to the claimants. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame. Don’t think she could be cancelled, or anyone, just on an article. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? If there’s evidence and further witnesses at the court then I’m happy to stand corrected

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This scandal is a total MESS. More and more people who have worked with her are coming out to validate what the dancers are alleging and sharing their own stories. I'm not a big Lizzo fan (literally the only song I've heard by her is About Damn Time because it was everywhere last year) but I frequently heard about her being "bullied" on social media for her weight and having to come out to defend herself. There was always a lot of "body positivity" attached to her name so this looks really bad.
---
beyoncé skipped her name during a performance last night, which is a fairly big snub tbh from someone who doesn’t usually get involved in mess:

intrigued to know how she plans on recovering from this.
Hardest working PR team in the game. They keep up with every scandal and let her know about the ones that might tarnish her name.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

She sounds horrible.

On a side note, Womxn? Do people actually use that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Not sure about that. I've seen her live and she's pretty much moving around the stage all the time whilst singing - her level of fitness is way higher than mine and I'm fairly slim.
maybe but if she is moving about so much and indulging less she would be shedding the pounds she is clearly not
all this body positive is a huge excuse because she is overweight and clearly does not want to or cant be bothered to lose weight her health will be effected by this and her heart will be under a huge strain and she is only young

no doubt in a few years she will lose the weight and tell us how unhappy she was being so big etc etc

Reactions: 12
Just to be very controversial for a min…

I used to overeat due to dopamine seeking from my undiagnosed adhd.

Prior to my diagnosis, I was so ashamed of and confused by my relationship with my body and food that I attended a 12 step program called Overeaters Anonymous.

In this group I met with the idea that fat adults are emotionally immature because they don’t give themselves healthy boundaries and they almost turn themselves into big spoilt brats who always get what they want.

In OA, a lot of character defects were uncovered by the members sincerely trying to release themselves from the miserable clutches of compulsive overeating.
When people healed their relationship with
food through the 12 step tools, they became a lot more outward focussed, more helpful and calm.

Although I found OA too controlling and culty in the end and left, it still resonates with me as a message so based on my acquired prejudice, I always kept Lizzo at an arm’s length.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I must admit I never had much of a view on Lizzo, her songs had mostly passed me by, until she included an ableist slur in a lyric of one of her songs. She responded to the social media calling her out on it and changed the lyric and got a lot of praise for apologising and acting to change the lyric, but when you read her statement, she never actually apologises for its inclusion or the offence it caused to people. It was at that point I started to give her the side eye.

Doing the lords work creating this thread interested to see which was it goes 🍿

Beyoncé man! 👀

• Haha
maybe but if she is moving about so much and indulging less she would be shedding the pounds she is clearly not
all this body positive is a huge excuse because she is overweight and clearly does not want to or cant be bothered to lose weight her health will be effected by this and her heart will be under a huge strain and she is only young

no doubt in a few years she will lose the weight and tell us how unhappy she was being so big etc etc
A friend of mine works out regularly but can't shift the pounds and doesn't eat much.

Metabolism can be a fucker for some people.

Reactions: 15
A friend of mine works out regularly but can't shift the pounds and doesn't eat much.

Metabolism can be a fucker for some people.
This is impossible, weight gain is physics. Energy in, energy out.

Reactions: 9
Lizzo was in my store years ago with Quinn, who was at the time her bff and stylist. I find it interesting that Quinn isn’t with her anymore and the statement she gave about why.

Reactions: 2
Her songs are catchy but apart from that not bothered. The thing that annoys me is.....people cause an uproar when skinny women walk the catwalk but its fine for obese women to be onstage/tv/photoshoots even though they are just as unhealthy and are NOT body positive AT ALL!

Reactions: 14
Puts me off me packed lunch 🍌

not a big fan of the chalky texture of a banana on my hands never mind my flaps… so many questions, is it still in the skin? (hope so) did they wash it? What happens to the little sticker?

I’m still not over Danielle Lloyd and her sour cream and onion minge. Again… powdery. Once flew home from Greece after a morning on the beach with half of it in my crack, can still feel the chafe if I think hard enough.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I believe the claims. Call me cynical but these stars always end up selling their soul and doing these disgusting parties and hanging around with wrong people plus go on power trips. Not surprised in the least.

She's trying to deny it though.

Reactions: 14