Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She refers to all her pets as "nervous." Lizzie the NERVOUS racehorse, Grace the NERVOUS collie, etc. Most were rescue animals, but still. To quote someone on Digital Spy:

"I wouldn't be surprised if her pets are upset partly because they so often see her being aggressive on their account. Like how she described a holiday where she went off on one at the family next door when they got upset that she'd let her dog into their garden (oh, sorry ... can't have been a holiday, Liz hasn't had one in twenty years!) Or how she often talks about yelling at David because he forgot one of her "rules" around the animals. She's the kind of person who, oblivious to the link between cause and effect, would bellow "How DARE you tell Hilda/Mini/Gracie to stop peeing on the sofa! Can't you see they're NERVOUS!" at him while the dogs cower in fear"

I believe the quote was "was that the gal with the midnight storm hair?"

As if men ever talk about anyone like that. Her hair dye job makes her look like an elderly Goth.
She's used that one multiple times but yeah, I doubt anyone has ever actually referred to her that way outside of her imagination!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I saw her at the old Harrods salon. She was rude to all. Her colour was free but she wouldn’t pay for a blow dry so checked out with wet hair
She’s just ridiculous. She wanted the blow dry free I suppose. And probably didn’t tip. She’s just awful.

Reactions: 7
She’s just ridiculous. She wanted the blow dry free I suppose. And probably didn’t tip. She’s just awful.
Oh she definitely didn’t tip! I asked about her on my next visit. She probably thought a name drop in her column would be sufficient payment

According to her latest column she's currently trying to adopt another "nervous collie." Liz: It is not normal for your pets to be "nervous" all the time. If they're rescue pets, it means they need extra love and attention and, yes, discipline - not being allowed to "stress wee" all over the place. It also means you shouldn't be yelling at your boyfriend in front of them or

• Heart
Reactions: 11
According to her latest column she's currently trying to adopt another "nervous collie." Liz: It is not normal for your pets to be "nervous" all the time. If they're rescue pets, it means they need extra love and attention and, yes, discipline - not being allowed to "stress wee" all over the place. It also means you shouldn't be yelling at your boyfriend in front of them or
I am really really hoping she does not adopt another border collie. They are a wonderful breed and they deserve better.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Liz bashing David in print wasn't enough for you? Now you can hear her complaining endlessly about him as well!

She also goes into detail about how she is now having "the best sex of her life", and says that "material things DO make me happy." Good for you, Liz. In this week's episode we're also treated to her discussing Meghan Markle's claims to have felt suicidal, and making it all about Liz

• Angry
  • Wow
Nic is so crass and classless, it makes me wonder why a snob like Liz is so fond of her. Probably because she's a complete sycophant

Reactions: 4
It's a really unlikely pairing. In the most recent podcast though i wonder if it's a way for Liz to be beneficient and Pygmalion like and Nic to be onto a winner? So sycophantic and uncomfortable to listen to. Is Nic more than an assistant??

Reactions: 2
In one of the recent podcast episodes Liz talked a lot about her pink Smeg fridge and was like "every man wants an attractive girlfriend with a Smeg fridge ..." I don't think most men give a monkey's what kind of fridge their girlfriend has, as long as it's working and full of the food he likes. Her view of the world is so warped

It's a really unlikely pairing. In the most recent podcast though i wonder if it's a way for Liz to be beneficient and Pygmalion like and Nic to be onto a winner? So sycophantic and uncomfortable to listen to. Is Nic more than an assistant??
Romantically, I don't think so - I can't find it now but someone questioned this on Digital Spy and another poster replied, accurately, that if Liz were gay/bisexual she wouldn't keep it quiet but would milk it for maximum pity-me points. I think however that Nic is just about the only person willing to put up with Liz all the time so they stick together. (The podcast indicates that Nic is either married to or cohabiting with a man. I wonder what he thinks of Liz?)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Liz has the biggest chip on her shoulder. She milks the “I was an Editor of Marie Claire” to death. Her animals should, by now, no longer be nervous. They can’t be happy living with her, she is all over the place, far too unstable to own dogs, especially nervous rescues. No wonder Nirpal had an affair with Daphne. Liz is the kind of person to drive people away from her life. I can only assume she must be paying Nic a good salary, in order for her to stick around, unless Nic likes the kudos of being a dogsbody to someone “famous” 🤣🙄

Reactions: 3
She was editor of Marie Claire for what, three years? Then they sacked her allegedly because she took a stand against the use of models with eating disorders. Still claims the fashion industry hates her and everyone bans her from their shows even though I doubt 99% of them have a clue who she is

Reactions: 4
She was editor of Marie Claire for what, three years? Then they sacked her allegedly because she took a stand against the use of models with eating disorders. Still claims the fashion industry hates her and everyone bans her from their shows even though I doubt 99% of them have a clue who she is
God imagine if she had been the Editor of Vogue. She would be dining out on that one for the rest of her life! 🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I really don't understand why she makes such a big deal of things she has given away. It's like she wanted something in return that she didn't get. How has she managed to milk the 'I don't eat/my husband was unfaithful/I'm so poor/I only have designer things' for so long?? In the podcast she talked about her next car being a defender, then how broke she was:unsure:

I really had no idea she still existed - I don't get the Mail on Sunday although I used to read about her miserable life and miserable animals. She's 62 and thinks that men want girlfriends(???) with pink SMEG fridges. I think it is time to call it a day or she could write articles for Pensioners.net or whatever. She is not hip and not woke and that hair colour went out with Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees. Great comments :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It sounded like she was going out other way to be other than woke, downright provocative. V weird how Nic kept telling her she was right, so sycophantic.

Reactions: 1
She was interviewed by Joanne Good for her BBC Dogs and the City podcast back in 2019. It’s still available online. There is a Tattle thread about Jo Good now. Come and join us!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know the full story of the Mumsnet cocaine accusation? Apparently Liz was at a new year party and another if the attendees posted in Mumsnet that she’d seen Liz taking Coke. Was their a photo posted? I’ve googled it and can’t find it. I remember Liz saying that she’d figured out the woman was and made her take the post down.

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.