Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God imagine if she had been the Editor of Vogue. She would be dining out on that one for the rest of her life! 🙄🤣
Yes, but Liz had eleventy billion copies of Vogue, going all the way back from the day it first went into print in 1066, so that's the same surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone know the full story of the Mumsnet cocaine accusation? Apparently Liz was at a new year party and another if the attendees posted in Mumsnet that she’d seen Liz taking Coke. Was their a photo posted? I’ve googled it and can’t find it. I remember Liz saying that she’d figured out the woman was and made her take the post down.
Yes, there was a picture posted of liz at a party. They uploaded it in real time, the poster wrote 'I'm at a party with liz Jones and she's doing coke' and then uploaded the photo of liz dressed up at a party. The pic wasn't actually her snorting coke as far as I remember, just a pic evidencing she was there.
It was one of her then boyfriend David's friends who posted it. I'm sure it was a Friday or Saturday night, I woke up the next day fully expecting there to be a story Liz Jones Drug Hell or How Did You Think I Stayed So Skinny? But there was nothing. As far as I'm aware, the only time it's been in the media is when liz angrily alludes to it in her column.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When it was 'written' on stretched sheepskin - ha ha ha - baaaaaaa 🐑
I don't think committed vegan Liz Jones would approve of that (as she tucks into her brunch of scrambled eggs in a Victoria Beckham leather pencil skirt no doubt)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder if her book tour will actually happen? I downloaded the kindle sample and it was like an autobiography, a god awful sneering one.

Reactions: 1
Probably at a reduced scale. Liz's love of publicity seems to eclipse her laziness (just) and she acts like she's written the next Anna Karenina. She's been trying to set herself up as a fiction writer (publishing this godawful novel, supposedly wrote a screenplay) - presumably because she knows that once the MoS ditch her, no one else will have her on board as a "confessional" writer. So it's in her best interests to do the tour in some form

Ooh, the screenplay! Did that ever get bought up? She literally can't write about anything other than her. Until I read the characters name, I thought it was a biography.

Ooh, the screenplay! Did that ever get bought up? She literally can't write about anything other than her. Until I read the characters name, I thought it was a biography.
I don't think so or we wouldn't have heard the end of it. A few years ago she claimed repeatedly that a famous actress was trying to help her sell her screenplay - implying it was either Glenn Close or Rebel Wilson who were both appearing in the West End at the time. Well that went the way of the Rock Star and was never heard of again

This week's podcast features Liz whining about how "people don't want her to have things" and it's her choice how to spend her money. Well, it is but if you choose to blow money you don't actually have on a "bat sanctuary" and designer clothes you can't then complain that you're being made bankrupt.

Reactions: 6
Im noy sure i can take another podcast. The one I listened to was nauseating in the sucking up of Nic. As for money spending..... It's only a choice if you meet your legal obligations first though surely. I wonder ehts what the reality is. I hope she does have something to show for prioritising her job over family and it's all just bluster

Reactions: 4
Please enjoy Liz defending designer gear in the mail plus. I paid a quid to laugh at these ramblings, i think I want my money back
not related to the article, which I don't really get? a designer is criticising people for buying designer bags? but that photo of her is awful!

Reactions: 2
She might now have a "better life" if she hadn't blown so much of her money on designer labels. And yes, while turning up to a funeral with trainers and a carrier bag would usually be inappropriate (unless it's one of the very informal funerals that are becoming more popular), so is wearing sky-high Louboutins you can barely walk in. There is nothing wrong or "not making an effort" about not being able to afford designer brands

It's such a bitter article that I can't help wonder if the woman in trainers at the funeral was the family member who doesn't speak to her anymore. She says she wears designer clothes to give her confidence but it doesn't seem to be working and I highly doubt the shop assistant regretted her not having a sat job there. It's just so sad.

Oh and at a pound, you was robbed! (Thanx tho!)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Have any of you been listening to Liz and Nics weekly podcast. Nic is more annoying than Liz and thats saying something, she was talking about having a stalker quite who would want to stalk her i do not know.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Have any of you been listening to Liz and Nics weekly podcast. Nic is more annoying than Liz and thats saying something, she was talking about having a stalker quite who would want to stalk her i do not know.
She did have a stalker - he was a local man with a learning disability. He was convicted and given a restraining order. There was a lot of talk about it on the Digital Spy forums, locals alleged that Nic and Liz were trying to set the guy up to be evicted from his farm so Liz could buy his land. Liz's house was vandalised because of it and she absolutely revelled in the attention from that

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.