Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ThePelican

I never knew that although it doesn't surprise me. Almost makes me feel guilty for giving her any airtime now. Absolute bitch.
Bet she is incandescent about being cast off for someone aged 26. For some reason she thought she had this big dicked 'rock' star at her beck and call.
As an older single woman I have learned that my dating value has dropped massively in the last few years. It's a real shock to the ego after having been a young hottie for years and fighting off the attention, such an ego destroyer 🤣🤣🤣
The rock star doesn't exist. At least, he and LJ never had this steamy relationship she claims they did, so he's not her ex-ex because he was never her boyfriend. Much discussion of this matter on another forum has come up with the theory that although she might have met and interviewed him at some point, and even been on a few dates with him, there was never a relationship.

Reactions: 14
But nobody really does.

She was married to this young and reluctant author - BTW never heard of him again after he published the book he wrote when he was with her - who she had to pay for and her last partner also lived off her and never really did anything for her.

I feel a bit sorry for her.
Nirpal still writes for the Guardian occasionally. He's not heard of much in the UK because he moved to India and his career is now based there

David certainly wasn't an ideal partner for Liz, but given the way she spoke about him and all the stuff she published, she's not exactly innocent here. It also seemed from her column that he may have mental health problems which she did not seem concerned about. I remember one particular column where she boasted that he was shaky on his feet and she thought he might fall down the stairs to her cellar. Rather than put up a baby gate or something, or even just warn him about it she said she had yelled at him not to dare fall because "I REFUSE TO BE YOUR CARER!" Even if that was entirely fictional it's indicative of her mindset

Particularly about her mother's decline into dementia and her sister who died. I note that the horrific article in the Fail no longer has the photo of Liz sitting in her coat next to the bed of her poor mother, sick, unaware and unable to give her consent to such an intrusion. It's been scrubbed, not even on the wayback machine. Good; poor Edna, that article was jaw-droppingly awful.
It was pulled at the family's request. Liz went so far as to say - at least twice - that she was relieved her mother had dementia so Nirpal wouldn't find out Liz came from Essex or that she had lied abut her age.

• Wow
  • Sad

Greyhare

Hopefully this works, I have copied and pasted the text -

'I was 26 and when I met my now ex-wife, she was far more successful than me, white and substantially older. Seven years later, we divorced following our much-publicised relationship.

This week, I found myself reflecting on our age gap after reading about the wedding of Lady Kitty Spencer, 30, to 62-year-old billionaire Michael Lewis. In marrying him, Princess Diana’s niece has chosen as her partner a man five years older than her father, Earl Spencer. The couple have given away little detail about their romance – so, naturally, there has been endless speculation about the age difference. It’s also in the news thanks to 63-year-old Sharon Stone’s rumoured romance with balaclava-clad rapper, RMR – aged 25.

My ex is the newspaper columnist Liz Jones who, during our time together, turned her one-sided take on our relationship into a lucrative industry, churning out thousands of articles. I still appear in her work now, despite not speaking to her in 12 years.

I thought a great deal about that relationship over lockdown – its disparities in
age, race, power and income – while I finished writing a novel about a disintegrating marriage between an Indian man and his glamorous English wife.

Liz was earning more than 10 times my salary when we met. After airing our domestic linen in print, it had almost quadrupled by the time we parted ways.

In 2000, I was in my first job in journalism and living with my mum. I would turn up for work at a London radio station in baggy jeans, a hoodie and trainers. Looking like that, I met Liz for the first time in her chic Thameside office. Clad in Helmut Lang, with salon-perfect hair, she gave me an interview about her nomination for a media award.

A week later, I met her again at the ceremony. I had smartened up that day and her interest was more than obvious. So I took the initiative and emailed later, asking her to dinner. She was clearly in a “cougar” frame of mind, and I was happy to be her cub for what I thought would be a night or two.

After an awkward meal at her local Indian restaurant – I can’t say we hit it off – she offered to drive me to the station. I cheekily asked if she’d drive me home to the other side of London, and was surprised when she agreed. The conversation became friendlier; so much so that when she parked outside my mum’s house, our goodnight peck developed into something more intimate – something I
definitely didn’t want my very traditional Indian mother to see. Liz hurriedly drove me back to her place.

Within three months, I was living in her stylish north London home. Two years later, we were married. But while all this sounds adventurous and exciting, I would like to ask: how would it seem if the sexes were reversed?

MeToo has rightly shone a light on the exploitation of women at the hands of powerful, predatory men. The movement, founded by the activist Tarana Burke, is also for racial justice, following her experiences of abuse as a black woman.

Twenty-one years ago, no one questioned a wealthy middle-aged white woman’s public relationship with a younger and poorer darker-skinned man. Given the lack of reaction to Sharon Stone’s latest affair, no one does today either. Women seem above the moral scrutiny applied to men in their sexual conduct.

A male public figure would face inquiry were he to parade his exotic young trophy so flagrantly. Instead, it is celebrated as a model of emancipation; of older women defying the patriarchy.
While in a position of power over me, Liz portrayed herself as a victim. Writing about her anorexia, anxieties and OCD-like behaviour towards everything from tidiness to pets, she was a woman apparently so painfully neurotic that no one thought to question her shabby flaunting of a brown and virile toyboy.

That she was the editor of one of Europe’s biggest-selling magazines, in charge of multimillion-pound budgets and asked to advise the prime minister on women’s issues, was all but ignored as she presented herself as a sort of kooky Helen Fielding character, who’d hopelessly lost herself to a young roué. The truth is, even with her well-documented issues, Liz was, and remains, the toughest woman I’ve ever encountered.

Older women are attracted to young partners for the same reasons older men are: their beauty, vigour, eagerness to please – and because they’re easy to control. The younger lover is a status symbol. “Like a Prada handbag” is how I once described myself, “with added clitoral stimulation.”

I came to live in a gilded Islington cage, lavished with unrequested gifts, and holidays as Liz spent some of the fortune she made from writing about me – mostly derisively – no doubt in the hope that I wouldn’t leave.

Her writing, of course, never gave any sense of my vulnerability. The working-class product of an immigrant home wracked by alcoholism, violence and insolvency, I was, in my 20s, always going to fall under the spell of a wealthy older woman who promised me a lifestyle and security that I’d never imagined for myself.

Friends did try to warn me that some people are drawn to the imbalance of relationships like ours, but Liz even spun this in her favour, claiming our marriage had been a sort of affirmative action programme. “I was so accommodating of him,” she told an interviewer last year, “because he was Indian… I thought: poor him. I need to help him. He’s less advantaged than I am.”

Our marriage was doomed from our wedding day: an occasion I felt swindled into, having never proposed. She arranged it without my knowledge; I found out when I discovered a receipt for the country estate. Confronted with it, she declared she’d already told the world in her column – which I no longer read – and would look a fool. She then broke down in tears, robbing me of my anger as I comforted her and agreed.

She did the same thing on the day when I discovered she was 16 years older than me – not the 10 she had claimed. Having told me she was 36 on our first date, two years later, aged 28, I learned I was about to marry someone in her mid-40s. She again broke into hysterical tears, submerging my outrage with her distress.

We lasted five more years, her articles increasingly criticising my sulkiness, sexual withdrawal, slovenliness and infidelity. Eventually, I left, renouncing any entitlement to a share of the townhouse as well as any alimony in order to escape her overbearing shadow.

Having been depicted as little more than a gigolo, I forwent a small fortune that would have given me stability, and have lived a financially precarious life since. Naively, I had hoped she would stop pouring scorn on me in print, but she has continued to do so, banking cheque after cheque in the process.

Jokingly referred to as “cougars”, the intentions of older women towards their young prey are often toxic and can do great emotional harm. It’s taken me years of therapy to heal the mistrust and confusion I developed. It was a painful and scarring experience.

While not all age-gap relationships are so poisonous, it’s only right to subject both sexes to the same ethical scrutiny. Older women should be held as accountable as any ageing male who shows off his partner as a younger prize, thinking his money and power entitles him to it.'

• Wow
  • Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
The rock star doesn't exist. At least, he and LJ never had this steamy relationship she claims they did, so he's not her ex-ex because he was never her boyfriend. Much discussion of this matter on another forum has come up with the theory that although she might have met and interviewed him at some point, and even been on a few dates with him, there was never a relationship.
Which would absolutely make sense and was good fodder for her column for many years. I fell for it, I wanted to know who he was! However, how has no one ever seen them together? They’ve never been papped together, no ‘sources’ or close friends (of him, obvs) have come forward to out them. It just can’t be true and pure fabrication for column inches.

Harrigan

VIP Member
I have a confession I used to read her column every Sunday for years but since the paper went online I don’t bother buying it or reading it. God knows why I read it as has been said it was the same old rubbish every week, drama with men, animals, family, all the palaver of leg shaving, designer dress wearing for her latest bloke.
Anyway this recent article really started half way through with one line about becoming empathetic since she’s worn the fat suit. Do I believe her? No. She is one shallow lady another who always blames other people.
Nice dress by the way Liz, was it Peacocks?

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Briar Rose

No comments allowed through at all this week on the Mai.l Has that happened before?

I've been hate-reading Jizz Moans for years and I still can't understand how she went overnight from someone so terrified of intimacy she'd only have sex wearing a t-shirt to someone so obsessed with sex she's trying to hook up with randoms on Twitter and people she hasn't spoken to for forty years. It's scary.

Last edited:

Holly Golightly

The main thing I remember from the book was how she considered that picking a cat up contravened it's feline rights...obviously not quite sure how she squares that with more recently letting her dogs attack her cats, but there you go :/
IIRC she doesn't train her dogs because she believes it's against their rights.

She needs help.

• Wow
  • Angry

MrFMercury

Chatty Member
I actually went and read it this week. So bitter. I can imagine Liz actually thinks she’s written a nice tribute but it just reeks of “I thought I wanted to be you but actually my life is waaaaay better AND you‘re dying. Sucks to be you.”

• Wow
  • Sad

Mediastar

Chatty Member
She goes proper batshit mental tomorrow. A proper stream of semi-consciousness right from the bottle of whine.
Michael Hutchence is now a "famous ex" and not a musician who ignored her. Everybody hates her. Her husband splashed her in the pool on her honeymoon. Her hair's falling out (like everyone in the world hasn't guffawed at her inch-wide parting).
Where's Betty Ford when you need her?

• Wow
  • Haha

Greyhare

I honestly totally understand your concerns, as I said the rescue does have back up support , and I hope she has the space and gives him time to decompress. He’s an old man who will be starved , exhausted and scared . I genuinely don’t know if LJ will be doing the hands on caring 100% on her own , I’m guessing Nik ( if that’s her name ) is heavily involved , and to be honest that would be a massive plus . The shelter he is from is a high kill shelter where they have tags in their ears to show when it’s their time to be killed , literally as cold and heartless as that . Hopefully he has a safe space and is warm and fed for the rest of his life , and has to be better than where he was 😢

As heartless as it maybe sometimes death can at times be a better option, I'm a huge animal lover but I do truly believe that sometimes dragging nervous traumatised dogs across countries to be detrimental to them, to then be shoehorned into a scary home environment with nothing familiar can just be too much for them, and they just cannot adjust, a quick painless death could be seen as a mercy.

Plus as someone also said upthread there are countless numbers of dogs in this country that need rehoming, rescues are bursting at the seams and yet dogs are being shipped in from overseas and often are not good dogs to be rehomed in certain circumstances and whilst your rescue may be 'reputable' many aren't and leave people with dogs that were never suitable for then but because the dog is rescue excuses are made leaving everyone (dog included) unhappy and sometimes in an unsafe environment.

• Heart

Briar Rose

She appalled me when she gave her elderly cats away to David after using them as column fodder for years.. they all died in quick succession. Even worse.. the one she kept was enviscerated by a collie. Horrific pet owner.
All this talk about the awful bits of men and their dirtiness etc.. I often wondered whether she was a Lesbian in denial? There was an interview years ago which discussed this?
She also left her dogs in a parked car on a hot day because she wanted to go to the spa but it was okay because she had the window open a crack.

Demented and cruel aren't strong enough words for this raging hypocrite.

• Wow
  • Angry

House of Tea

VIP Member
If it is true, the fact that she wasn’t up for sharing a double room on first date (Premier Inn or otherwise) meant that the “gentleman” was looking for sex and not a relationship. So, great he showed his colours upfront. This actually has the ring of truth about it, a lot of men would do this in the depressing modern dating game. What I don’t think is authentic is her ongoing quest for a relationship. I think she has to have a man on the go or on the horizon for the column. I don’t think she wants a relationship at all. I wouldn’t in her position. I would be happy living in a lovely part of the world, I would enjoy my animals, make a life that doesn’t rely on chasing after anybody, or changing myself to suit anybody else. I might pluck out the chin hairs but the thongs and the waxing would be ditched. She is 60 plus for goodness sake. Time for her to enjoy life on her terms, relax, unclench. If you can’t drop everything restrictive, not working, unsuitable by that age, when can you?

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
She complained that men stretch the Myla thong when it's not made to be stretched, and throw it in the corner "like a spider." She said, and I'm not making this up either, that during sex she spends a lot of time worrying about where her knickers are
I can safely say that I've never worried about my knickers actually during sex.

• Haha
"Gracie no longer wees indoors" after twelve years with you

What a lovely way to write about your terminally ill sister. This is the same way she wrote about her other sister who died: "she got men more easily than I did but she'll die without one"

• Sad
  • Wow
Unbelievably, the sour faced old witch has won an award for that utter drivel she churns out! 🤦🏻‍♀️

"Liz Jones, winning Columnist Of The Year in the Popular category for her 'irresistible and delightfully indiscreet' confessions in You magazine every Sunday that 'leave the reader desperate for the next instalment'."

They leave the reader desperate to go straight to the comments more like

• Haha

Shawads

VIP Member
Yes you may! And I shall join you. Loathsome human being, isn't she? Wll, there it is, for all to see. Despite her protestations, I knew she was racist.
I never knew that although it doesn't surprise me. Almost makes me feel guilty for giving her any airtime now. Absolute bitch.
Bet she is incandescent about being cast off for someone aged 26. For some reason she thought she had this big dicked 'rock' star at her beck and call.
As an older single woman I have learned that my dating value has dropped massively in the last few years. It's a real shock to the ego after having been a young hottie for years and fighting off the attention, such an ego destroyer 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart

Mediastar

Chatty Member
Liz needs to reinvent herself. Not sure what as, but her present “persona” has run out of steam. Nobody is really interested anymore.
She's an empty vessel. Her lack of personality, empathy, sense of humour are testament to that. She thinks she's Carrie Bradshaw whereas she's actually an aging bankrupt with a paid companion. She doesn't have a 'self' to reinvent. She writes consistently about other people, how awful they are, how unfair life is. The older and madder she gets the more desperate she becomes (ref M Hutchence as an ex).
The only reason she tried to rekindle any sort of reunion with the baker was to be able to use his London flat f.o.c.
There is no depth to her at all, just a conviction that her ghastly 'life' is somebody else's fault. Always somebody else.