Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lets just hope she wasn't "star struck" by the illustrious Ms Jones into believing that the dog was going to be well treated. I bet she didn't say anything about the stress weeing, fear of leaving the house and the waitrose food, in fact the other dogs may have been palmed off to Nic for the visit to give the illusion of a stable home.

Reactions: 6
I wonder who looks after the pack when she goes off on her soho boutique hotel forays in the hope of hooking a random guy for the night? She talks about going up to London a lot so does Nic step in?

Reactions: 3
I believe there are quite a few not great 'rescues' that take your money and deliver you a dog from abroad with absolutely no care or concern for either dog or owner, they offer no back up when thing often go wrong, leaving owners out of their depths and dogs in unsuitable homes.
Despite what we may think of Liz Jones the rescue in this case is very reputable & has a very thorough rescue back up .
I would hate to think LJ taking this dog in from a kill shelter in Romania ( which is what has happened) would affect the rescue and any future support they receive for other dogs .
The rescue has been mentioned in her article and LJ will 100% have been home checked , infact I may be wrong, but I think she has rehomed from them before.
*Please don’t @ me , my concern is only for the rescue and does not represent any opinions re LJ , I literally don’t have any

Reactions: 2
Despite what we may think of Liz Jones the rescue in this case is very reputable & has a very thorough rescue back up .
I would hate to think LJ taking this dog in from a kill shelter in Romania ( which is what has happened) would affect the rescue and any future support they receive for other dogs .
The rescue has been mentioned in her article and LJ will 100% have been home checked , infact I may be wrong, but I think she has rehomed from them before.
*Please don’t @ me , my concern is only for the rescue and does not represent any opinions re LJ , I literally don’t have any
I think the conversation has been less about the overall reputation of the Rescue Organisation and more about the dynamics of placing a stressed, maltreated dog into a home with other elderly, stressed and nervous dogs. You have clarified that there is back up support and one has to hope this would kick in if a situation arises.

Let's hope it's better support than that allegedly offered by Celia Hammond who, Liz claims, sent an email saying "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs are likely to do it again?" after Liz's dogs mauled her rescue cat. Liz said no and that was the end of it

If Teddy wasn't "nervous" before he arrived with Liz he certainly will be soon - just like every other pet she's ever had

Reactions: 8
Let's hope it's better support than that allegedly offered by Celia Hammond who, Liz claims, sent an email saying "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs are likely to do it again?" after Liz's dogs mauled her rescue cat. Liz said no and that was the end of it

If Teddy wasn't "nervous" before he arrived with Liz he certainly will be soon - just like every other pet she's ever had
I honestly totally understand your concerns, as I said the rescue does have back up support , and I hope she has the space and gives him time to decompress. He’s an old man who will be starved , exhausted and scared . I genuinely don’t know if LJ will be doing the hands on caring 100% on her own , I’m guessing Nik ( if that’s her name ) is heavily involved , and to be honest that would be a massive plus . The shelter he is from is a high kill shelter where they have tags in their ears to show when it’s their time to be killed , literally as cold and heartless as that . Hopefully he has a safe space and is warm and fed for the rest of his life , and has to be better than where he was 😢

• Heart
I honestly totally understand your concerns, as I said the rescue does have back up support , and I hope she has the space and gives him time to decompress. He’s an old man who will be starved , exhausted and scared . I genuinely don’t know if LJ will be doing the hands on caring 100% on her own , I’m guessing Nik ( if that’s her name ) is heavily involved , and to be honest that would be a massive plus . The shelter he is from is a high kill shelter where they have tags in their ears to show when it’s their time to be killed , literally as cold and heartless as that . Hopefully he has a safe space and is warm and fed for the rest of his life , and has to be better than where he was 😢

As heartless as it maybe sometimes death can at times be a better option, I'm a huge animal lover but I do truly believe that sometimes dragging nervous traumatised dogs across countries to be detrimental to them, to then be shoehorned into a scary home environment with nothing familiar can just be too much for them, and they just cannot adjust, a quick painless death could be seen as a mercy.

Plus as someone also said upthread there are countless numbers of dogs in this country that need rehoming, rescues are bursting at the seams and yet dogs are being shipped in from overseas and often are not good dogs to be rehomed in certain circumstances and whilst your rescue may be 'reputable' many aren't and leave people with dogs that were never suitable for then but because the dog is rescue excuses are made leaving everyone (dog included) unhappy and sometimes in an unsafe environment.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As heartless as it maybe sometimes death can at times be a better option, I'm a huge animal lover but I do truly believe that sometimes dragging nervous traumatised dogs across countries to be detrimental to them, to then be shoehorned into a scary home environment with nothing familiar can just be too much for them, and they just cannot adjust, a quick painless death could be seen as a mercy.

Plus as someone also said upthread there are countless numbers of dogs in this country that need rehoming, rescues are bursting at the seams and yet dogs are being shipped in from overseas and often are not good dogs to be rehomed in certain circumstances and whilst your rescue may be 'reputable' many aren't and leave people with dogs that were never suitable for then but because the dog is rescue excuses are made leaving everyone (dog included) unhappy and sometimes in an unsafe environment.
I agree, dogs especially are apparently really traumatised by being transported, cats apparently are pretty calm when in planes etc (on the whole) but I would never bring and already traumatised dog across a continent like that, especially as like you said there are so many dogs already here that need to be rehomed

I’ve only been on here a little while but wanted to wish fellow posters Happy Christmas and a lovely New Year. I read and commented on LJ’s posts in DM not because I’m a jellyfish or hater but because I abhor Narcs having a foothold in daily life.
I wear nice clothes at a level I can afford,have an adult son( not a giant child), I have all the hobbies she denigrates and I’m pretty roundly educated in life and in education. I’ve never relied on a man for money. I basically blast her view of me to bits.
I try to be kind in my interactions with others and have had many pets. Currently in thrall to charismatic tuxedo cat.
So I wish everyone who calls her on her BS a great 2022, I don’t dislike her.. I constantly wish she’d accept her Narcissism and seek help. Verified help.
I really like this forum.. sometimes you just have to vent but usually we discuss the impact she has and imagine solutions. I say ‘Imagine’because she’s been on rinse and repeat forever. I’m not religious but I pray for her animals…
So here’s to the New Year.. good times, beauty and peace.xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve only been on here a little while but wanted to wish fellow posters Happy Christmas and a lovely New Year. I read and commented on LJ’s posts in DM not because I’m a jellyfish or hater but because I abhor Narcs having a foothold in daily life.
I wear nice clothes at a level I can afford,have an adult son( not a giant child), I have all the hobbies she denigrates and I’m pretty roundly educated in life and in education. I’ve never relied on a man for money. I basically blast her view of me to bits.
I try to be kind in my interactions with others and have had many pets. Currently in thrall to charismatic tuxedo cat.
So I wish everyone who calls her on her BS a great 2022, I don’t dislike her.. I constantly wish she’d accept her Narcissism and seek help. Verified help.
I really like this forum.. sometimes you just have to vent but usually we discuss the impact she has and imagine solutions. I say ‘Imagine’because she’s been on rinse and repeat forever. I’m not religious but I pray for her animals…
So here’s to the New Year.. good times, beauty and peace.xxx
For some reason ‘giant child’ is really making me lol 😂 she’s such a dick

• Haha
Hey yeah! Remember ‘Foetuses’, or calling her adult dogs ‘puppies’ and babies .. ‘bread loafs’..? Along with the ‘Giant Children’… let’s call them all sentient beings who we love. Liz Jones doesn’t get to rename/reclaim our loved ones.

Reactions: 5
It's evident that her annual review is in the offing, hence the outpouring of chaaaaridable work (ignoring the fact that she's a year off the pace with the bed-ridden girl) and deep love for collecting animals for Nic to look after. I dare say she will have been hideously slighted by imaginary friends over Christmas, then be back on the pull in Jan. And what of the tour of her self-published blockbuster? #479,261 on the best seller list isn't to be sneezed at!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
her tripe yesterday seemed to be a pop at those of us who think that having a traumatised rescue dog, along with her other untrained hounds is not a good idea. Apparently Teddy has miraculously settled in, goes outside to do his business, doesn't bark (so no use for the hearing dog duties then lol) and is just happy and contented to sleep on a rug on the floor..so no problems at all. Don't get me wrong, if the dog is genuinely happy and settled then that's great, but due to Liz's propensity to lie, I will take that with a rather large grain of salt.

Oh and she didn't need to train her animals, they trained her, and part of that training was only to provide them with human food from M&S or at a push Waitrose...stupid woman, that is really not good for the animals.

She is so ridiculously Hyacinth with her insistence on and constantly namedropping M&S and Waitrose food; so parvenue, dahling!

I suppose I could say that my dogs and one cat got human food this Christmas as I roasted some chicken breasts to slice and top their - PROPER - food, though it did come from the Co-op in the next village 😁. The other cat didn't even bother to come home for it; I messaged my neighbour that if, he was lurking around the farmyard or byre, to tell him to come home before his sister ate all the chicken; he was lying on their sofa at the time before taking himself up to sleep on their spare bed! 🤣🙂🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
And what of the tour of her self-published blockbuster? #479,261 on the best seller list isn't to be sneezed at!
She announced that was cancelled because of COVID. Don't worry though, she has another novel coming out: The Tortoise, a "sexy, spicy thriller" about a woman taking revenge on her ex. Which I'm sure is not at all "inspired" by Liz's relationships with Nirpal and/or David Scrace

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She announced that was cancelled because of COVID. Don't worry though, she has another novel coming out: The Tortoise, a "sexy, spicy thriller" about a woman taking revenge on her ex. Which I'm sure is not at all "inspired" by Liz's relationships with Nirpal and/or David Scrace
Does the main protagonist end up being strangled with a Myla thong??

• Haha
Reactions: 14
By ‘Spicy’ does that indicate it’s going to be full of sex? Having read her descriptions of her own sex life over the years I can only imagine the heroine will only have sex sitting up, no one can lean on her hair and there will be little or no orgasms..Oh,but she will be bald as a billiard ball having prepped for each encounter by some extreme hair removal. Sounds juicy!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Strange too how the tour guide bloke has just disappear3d - cease and desist anyone?

Reactions: 7
Regarding today’s ‘Diary’
What the hell is David thinking?!?
Yeah.. agree entirely.
If it’s true. Back to ‘David Co-dependency’ I guess? I’m thinking..(since it was written mid December she explains).. that Christmas with Isobel may have been awful or didn’t happen. She’s back to slagging David and her friend off in the column so given it’s 2022 and she’s muddled and disappointed again Christmas probably was a bummer. Also reads like she’s drinking again.. sigh.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.