Liv Purvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really really disappointed that she flew to Edinburgh.
To be fair she posts a lot of content after the event so if she went last week there was meant to be train strikes which got cancelled but too late for the timetables to go back to normal, I got caught up in it and it was bad.

Reactions: 1
She has become stagnant.
I think part of what made Liv such a nice, relatable follow was that she seemed quite honest about open and things going on in her life. She felt authentic and genuine. Now, she keeps Arlo largely out of the picture and she's mostly kept quiet about the split with Joe (and good on her for both of those things) but it does largely mean that her content is now quite samey, boring, and also a bit... hollow?

Wouldn't surprise me if she moved out of influencing and into something else.

Reactions: 9
I think she seems very uncertain about her life right now and what she’s doing, which is understandable. But whenever she also shares that she had some ~work bits~ it’s always, like, some gifted stay at a luxury hotel lol and she contractually has to share the pictures.

I also think it’s the classic thing where an Influencer overshared about their life in their 20s when everything seemed great and then eventually learns that they don’t want to do that anymore and they don’t want to share hardships… but they’ve made their brand around letting people in and being all breezy about things.

Hopefully she won’t get to the place where she just does what is needed to earn money and get nice gifted things. It would be nice to see her reignite her creativity and have a sense of what she wants to do.

Reactions: 12
I still have a smidge of hope that her creativity will come back once she's had time to process the last year. I can get why becoming a single parent would knock you out of your groove, especially when your partner was your photographer.

Reactions: 8
She might be treading water a little until she’s worked through the upheaval to a certain extent. Christmas must have been tough. It might also be wise to share less personal stuff while parental sharing % has been agreed, for example. You wouldn’t want to do a single thing to get on the wrong side of a judge or mediator and tit can go south so quickly in a divorce. And the timeline can get dragged out too (if it suits one party) so she still might be in thick of it. And there’s a court backlog.

That said Liv does a lot more than sooo many influencers who shoot dull content in the same corner of their homes by hapless husbands - Liv makes the effort to actually arrange shoots in good locations with proper photographers.

Reactions: 12
I really feel for her. To go from a (well, seemingly) idyllic life with a childhood sweetheart, buying a lovely house, having a dream wedding and a beautiful baby … to becoming a single mother, living alone with her young child and trying to balance work and maintaining her value as an influencer with caring for him... Its a level of emotional upheaval I can’t even comprehend. She’s not even 30 years old.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I really feel for her. To go from a (well, seemingly) idyllic life with a childhood sweetheart, buying a lovely house, having a dream wedding and a beautiful baby … to becoming a single mother, living alone with her young child and trying to balance work and maintaining her value as an influencer with caring for him... Its a level of emotional upheaval I can’t even comprehend. She’s not even 30 years old.
Tbh I don't really feel sorry for her and am quite jealous that her life is pretty cushty

Reactions: 4
It's a lot, for sure. She seems to have a very strong support network though, and her job appears to be, if not easy, then at least something she's passionate about and good at. That's more than many can say when their life is upended after a split.

Reactions: 7
I think it says a lot that as soon as they split, Liv transformed their grey and trendy pictured living room into a glorious pink and floral girly space.

Reactions: 13
Instead, we get influencers selling their free gifts for profit on vinted and hinting on stories for more free stuff. (Not aimed at Liv just influencers in general).
She’s one of the worst! She uses her dad’s eBay account to flog all the vast amount of freebies for some extra cash…

• Wow
She’s not even 30? That makes a lot of sense. My partner and I would not have been strong/mature enough in our 20s to have a baby without destroying our relationship.

Reactions: 2
She’s one of the worst! She uses her dad’s eBay account to flog all the vast amount of freebies for some extra cash…
I seen this too but I've forgotten his username! Are they still doing it? I remember seeing them selling a Charlotte Tilbury serum that hadn't even been released on sale at that time, then looked and seen a lot of beauty/fragrance PR things for sale and previously sold.

On one hand I think why not, but on the other I'm not sure, it's a strange one. It would be nice to maybe do a giveaway bundle as a thank you for followers, or even sell with part of the sale going to charity, as this can be done on eBay.

It really puts me off influencers when they sell things they got for free unless the money goes to charity. That Liv does it through her dad's account seems like she's trying to hide it so possibly knows it would look bad to some people?

Reactions: 10
I think it's really sneaky and quite bad form of Liv to do that! She really flies under the radar as far as influencers go, but this shows there's possibly another side to her (as I've always suspected!) I'm still curious as to the reason for the split with Joe too - if there was any drama etc. which I suspect there was as it all seemed a bit out of the blue - but I guess we'll never know.

Nobody even really speculated much on Liv's split whereas on the Niomi Smart thread people are still speculating on why Dreamy Joe dumped her 2.5 years ago!

Nearly all of them do it to some extent, unfortunately. Estee Lalonde has casually mentioned her assistant handling her Depop (lots of never-before-seen designer pieces with tags still attached), Lizzy Hadfield used to mention her mum managing her eBay account etc. They are quieter about it these days and imply everything they sell is ‘preloved’ or bought with their own money. Spoiler alert: it’s not.

Reactions: 5
It really puts me off influencers when they sell things they got for free unless the money goes to charity. That Liv does it through her dad's account seems like she's trying to hide it so possibly knows it would look bad to some people?
I love that LucyParts and Laura Capon do a massive town hall sale every year for charity, so there’s at least 2 beauty influencers/bloggers that recognise their privilege and do something good.

I loved it when Megan Ellaby did her charity clothes sale. I doubt she’d ever do it again though since she’s all about the money now. All of her gifted tat is on Vinted with the tags still on. I’m so tired of these influencers doing the bare minimum and reaping the rewards for it.

Reactions: 4