Liv Purvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone who has had kids, and all the stress and strains that puts on a marriage in the early days, I would’ve definitely sought counselling and “stayed together for the kids” a little longer than 18m if it was something work-through-able. Which is what makes me think it was something unforgivable/a failed bandaid baby.
I'd say the same - I know a couple who have been through something similar. Were together for years, then got married and had a baby in quick succession. Then it was lockdown for the best part of a year and they completely lived in each others pockets while dealing with a newborn.

It put some strain on their relationship but she said that she was hesitant to make a decision in the midst of such an unusual event. She had to see what their lives would be like when things went back to 'normal'. Things seem to be on the up for them again now.

Obviously we don't know the cause of this split, I guess it must have been something irreconcilable for them to make this decision, with A being so young. They both seem level-headed and not particularly rash people.

Reactions: 9
I’ve been thinking the same as what you’re all saying. Like on the one hand, I think it’s plausible that one of them (Joe) would fall out of love and that the feelings of disconnect or wanting ‘out’ would be exacerbated by a baby and lockdown.

However, the fact that they split so soon after having a baby is more unusual, as most people might try to make it work for a while longer or at least be more absorbed in taking care of the baby before thinking seriously about a real separation. Actually splitting up soon after having a baby (and taking that trip together) to me indicates that he met someone else tbh. The timing is too unusual otherwise.

That said, of course it’s possible that he was just like ‘yeah no I don’t want to spend another minute in this marriage because I just don’t want to’. And yes I think it’s Joe that either met someone else or wanted to separate, I don’t think Liv initiated in any way.

I have read that statistically speaking, the most likely time for a man to cheat is when his partner is pregnant or has a baby 👀

No indication that’s what’s happened here but it’s a cliché for a reason.

I also believe many people have doubts about their relationship but don’t feel they have enough of a reason to break up so go on to get engaged and then married. Happens a lot around the given ‘settling down’ age of a community (28-29 for my social circle). Sunk cost fallacy if you have been together for a while by that point, with one person keen to hit the next milestone. Then the pressure of a baby blows it wide open.

Reactions: 5
I’ve always really liked Liv and her content, I’ve followed her on Insta for what feels like years and years now. And I have to say, as genuinely sad as I was to see that her and Joe were over, I think the split has made her even more likeable. I don’t know why, but her content and just how she is coming across feels so much more real now, like she’s really being herself in a way. I think she will do fine without Joe, if anything, I think he might have been holding her back from doing so much stuff. Even just seeing how she is making their house all her own now is not only relatable, but I am genuinely happy for her. She is still so young with so much ahead of her! She is already a good example of how life can carry on after a very long-term relationship. I imagine being together from such a young age and then splitting up must have been really scary for her. It’s really lovely to see that she’s finally able to just do things her way, this is probably the first time in her adult life where she’s had to really think about what she wants. Whatever happened between them, I think she’s coming across better than ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’ve always really liked Liv and her content, I’ve followed her on Insta for what feels like years and years now. And I have to say, as genuinely sad as I was to see that her and Joe were over, I think the split has made her even more likeable. I don’t know why, but her content and just how she is coming across feels so much more real now, like she’s really being herself in a way. I think she will do fine without Joe, if anything, I think he might have been holding her back from doing so much stuff. Even just seeing how she is making their house all her own now is not only relatable, but I am genuinely happy for her. She is still so young with so much ahead of her! She is already a good example of how life can carry on after a very long-term relationship. I imagine being together from such a young age and then splitting up must have been really scary for her. It’s really lovely to see that she’s finally able to just do things her way, this is probably the first time in her adult life where she’s had to really think about what she wants. Whatever happened between them, I think she’s coming across better than ever!

I agree !! She also seems to have a genuinely lovely network of friends and family around her too, been loving her outfits especially lately 😊

Came here to see if anyone had mentioned Liv and Joe splitting up because I noticed his absence and her lack or rings. I remember at the time she got married if felt like all the influencers around my age were getting engaged, married, pregnant, etc, but I've noticed that a few seemed to split not long after.

I don't know if anyone follows Kim Turkington (Love Cloth – friends with Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland), but she seems to have stopped wearing her rings and mentioning her husband, too. Not sure if she ever announced anything though. I can't help but think of all the money spent on those gorgeous weddings!

Omg you’re so right about Kim.
- I had not noticed this until you clocked it ….. wonder what’s going on there…… she still follows her husband…..

Reactions: 1
Liv talking about being out on a ‘school night’ like she has to be up at 6am for an early shift at Morrisons 😂 She literally gets paid to go to Lucy Williams multimillion pound house, eat some food and fawn over an overpriced candle. When that is your job, school nights don’t exist.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Liv talking about being out on a ‘school night’ like she has to be up at 6am for an early shift at Morrisons 😂 She literally gets paid to go to Lucy Williams multimillion pound house, eat some food and fawn over an overpriced candle. When that is your job, school nights don’t exist.
Very out of touch with reality lmao.

Reactions: 7
Livvvv did you really fly from London to Edinburgh 🙃 this is why I can never take influencers seriously when they try to be all I care about the planet. It's just a bandwagon for them to stay likeable.

She could surely afford the train (especially as it was for a trip to a v expensive looking hotel which she got for free) and have the time to take a longer journey. I know for people struggling with money, sometimes flights are cheaper than trains (which is bananas) so could see the reasoning there.

Maybe I am extra sensitive as I work for a charity focusing on climate change but it really annoys me and I needed to vent :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Livvvv did you really fly from London to Edinburgh 🙃 this is why I can never take influencers seriously when they try to be all I care about the planet. It's just a bandwagon for them.

She could surely afford the train (especially as it was for a trip to a v expensive looking hotel which she got for free) and have the time to take a longer journey. I know for people struggling with money, sometimes flights are cheaper than trains (which is bananas) so could see the reasoning there.

Maybe I am extra sensitive as I work for a charity focusing on climate change but it really annoys me and I needed to vent :ROFLMAO:
Maybe cos she was travelling with Arlo, the longer journey time put her off? Definitely agree with you though, and airports are stressful with kids too.

Reactions: 2
Maybe cos she was travelling with Arlo, the longer journey time put her off? Definitely agree with you though, and airports are stressful with kids too.
Yeah I don't have kids and can't even imagine how stressful it is travelling with them!

Tbf my anger is really with the airlines and government. Trains should be cheaper and a better service and those short haul flights stopped or dramatically reduced. But not the place for that conversation. 😂 It's just disheartening to see, especially when the journey is not exactly essential or for something special - flying to stay in a free hotel for a night or so when she gets to do that so so often in different cities anyway.

Reactions: 8
A small room in that hotel comes in at £410 a night….
Seeing those sorts of freebies when people literally cannot afford heating or food makes me feel uneasy. This isn't an attack at Liv personally, I understand it's her job. If I were an influencer I would feel so uncomfortable having to advertise all the things I got for free while knowing so many of my followers who helped me get to where I was are struggling.

I would LOVE to see them donating more of their freebies to charities or followers, or even a one off of them letting one of their followers enjoy one of the experiences they get for free. It would still be good publicity for the brand too - I would be more likely to support a company that did that.

Instead, we get influencers selling their free gifts for profit on vinted and hinting on stories for more free stuff. (Not aimed at Liv just influencers in general).

Reactions: 13
Seeing those sorts of freebies when people literally cannot afford heating or food makes me feel uneasy. This isn't an attack at Liv personally, I understand it's her job. If I were an influencer I would feel so uncomfortable having to advertise all the things I got for free while knowing so many of my followers who helped me get to where I was are struggling.

I would LOVE to see them donating more of their freebies to charities or followers, or even a one off of them letting one of their followers enjoy one of the experiences they get for free. It would still be good publicity for the brand too - I would be more likely to support a company that did that.

Instead, we get influencers selling their free gifts for profit on vinted and hinting on stories for more free stuff. (Not aimed at Liv just influencers in general).

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s a major case of ‘read the room’. I’d much rather see at least one of them use their platform for good - raffle off the freebie for a charity, the ‘gifter’ still gets a bit of publicity and the influencer doesn’t look like a greedy, materialistic parasite.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have a toddler and I'd take getting the train over flight any day! Getting to the airport is such a faff as is flying with a toddler. Trains are easier and you can get up and move about. So she can't really play the for convenience with young child card. The train isn't even that much longer and she doesn't have a busy tight schedule 🙄 really not a great role model because if she does influence some stays at that hotel they might also not consider the train either.

Now her stories are like "before I had a child I didn't realise how expensive childcare is but now I do let's all support". And also saying in the same message that she wants disposable income again as she was good for the economy when she had it felt a little tone deaf... how much do you think she must be earning? She seems to do a fair few ads etc and gets lots of free trips. And a lot of the things she would spend disposable income on like clothes makeup holidays meals out and events, she often gets for free. Though I guess now being a single parent could have hit her financially.

To be fair, the second story is better and acknowledges how people with multiple children may be really struggling and that the job she has makes it easier.

I totally agree with the message so its good shes sharing it but the wording in bits was a bit eh for me. The prices of childcare are extortionate. I don't have kids but friends and family are really struggling at the moment making ends meet with the cost of nursery for their children.

Maybe I'm just at the end of my tether with influencers so being rubbed up the wrong way easily :LOL: might be time for an unfollow.

Now her stories are like "before I had a child I didn't realise how expensive childcare is but now I do let's all support". And also saying in the same message that she wants disposable income again as she was good for the economy when she had it felt a little tone deaf... how much do you think she must be earning? She seems to do a fair few ads etc and gets lots of free trips. And a lot of the things she would spend disposable income on like clothes makeup holidays meals out and events, she often gets for free. Though I guess now being a single parent could have hit her financially.
I think those comments were from the person she screenshotted, not Liv, because i thought the same thing at first.

I think those comments were from the person she screenshotted, not Liv, because i thought the same thing at first.
You’re right! Makes a lot more sense tbh, it wasn’t in Liv’s usual writing style at all, and I was confused about her talking about the cost of childcare and having no disposable income but then saying she has family help for childcare at the moment.

Ooo that makes sense - my bad sorry Liv :LOL: The disposable income bit I was like 😯really, the day after getting back from a luxury hotel... haha

Reactions: 3