Liv Purvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well you all called it! Sad for her but hopefully she’s doing okay. I do wonder what happened, they seemed fine in spring on their California trip? Foul play on his part perhaps?

Reactions: 6
Well you all called it! Sad for her but hopefully she’s doing okay. I do wonder what happened, they seemed fine in spring on their California trip? Foul play on his part perhaps?
I actually wonder if they were almost holding it together until the California trip, and when that had happened and they didn't have much left to look forward to together it kind of fell apart.

Reactions: 6
I wonder was Arlo a bandaid baby? That never ends well. Or if they had any little cracks then the stress of a baby maybe have been too much.

Reactions: 9
Really feel for the two of them, can't be easy making that call when you have a little one so young. She seems a really nice person, one of the few influencers that still appears grateful for the role she has, always puts loads of effort into her content. Their life looked perfect, you really never know what's going on behind closed doors eh.

Reactions: 15
Liv seems to have had a re-evaluation of her identity recently - esp. after her intense labour and early motherhood experience all whilst lockdown was happening.

Publicly it looks like Liv + Joe have had a very stable, almost sheltered, life - been together since high school, bought a home close enough to where they both grew up, Liv’s cushy influencer job (which Joe was intertwined with), married, baby… you get my drift. But it may have set them up for failure in the long run esp. when challenged with change as very little emotional resilience may have been built... I’m just nosey and speculating at this point of course.

I don't know why, but I'm kind of sad they've split - their family did seem so perfect.

Reactions: 23
Oh that's too bad for them. Guess we'll never know. I know a few couples that have been together since they were teenagers. If you're monogamous it's a lot! And there's a lot of weird dynamics that can build up on couples that got together very young, a lot of codependence. I guess we'll never know what happened. Feels like their wedding was just the other day, how long were they married?

Reactions: 8
I'm so shocked, they did seem like such a stable and lovely couple. But as someone said earlier, you just never know what happens behind closed doors. Hope she's doing okay, she does seem like a lovely person. Much more grounded than most influencers.

I was really surprised when she announced her pregnancy. She’s what, 28/29 now? It’s kinda unusual to be married with a baby at such a young age now even if you’ve been together for ages. They always just felt really “young” to me, if you know what I mean? A baby just seemed odd for them. I really thought they’d be the type to be married for quite a few years before having a family. I’d imagine it really made them grow up quickly and reevaluate who they actually were.

I always thought he seemed quite grumpy in comparison to Liv, who seems quite sunny as a person.

Super sad for them after being together for so long and having such a young child.

Reactions: 14
Splits like this are awful. They basically grew up together. There’s nearly always a third person involved though. I wonder if it was joe or liv

Reactions: 4
You really never know what happens behind closed doors. My own sibling had a seemingly happy marriage but were filing divorce papers barely a year after a great family party. No one saw it coming.

I think it’s unlikely a third party was involved. I get the impression Joe was an unhappy person - as others pointed out he always seemed to be grumpy and miserable- and perhaps that came into play? Coupled with the fact they had been together as teenagers, the pressures of a baby, it may have just been too much. I’m happy she’s kept the house though.

Reactions: 10
She appears to be the higher earner of the two so would make sense for her to keep the house. It all appears really amicable too (well, going off the caption of tonight's post) so I would say possibly not a third party involved.

I think it's quite brave of them both to acknowledge it's not working - especially when they had a lot going for them as a couple. I think lots of people try to stay together 'for the kids' and end up having volatile splits rather than staying amicable.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was really surprised when she announced her pregnancy. She’s what, 28/29 now? It’s kinda unusual to be married with a baby at such a young age now even if you’ve been together for ages. They always just felt really “young” to me, if you know what I mean? A baby just seemed odd for them. I really thought they’d be the type to be married for quite a few years before having a family. I’d imagine it really made them grow up quickly and reevaluate who they actually were.

I always thought he seemed quite grumpy in comparison to Liv, who seems quite sunny as a person.

Super sad for them after being together for so long and having such a young child.

I think there was a unconscious trend with influencers a few years back to feel super adult and have big weddings, houses and babies at relatively young ages to say they hit their milestones (like Megan ellaby etc) so now their hitting the next phase when you hit your 30s and start to really figure out who you are. I feel for liv, you can tell she’s a beautiful soul, personally I always picked up a bit of a weird vibe from Joe, but it’s obvious liv has wonderful supportive friends and hope she gets through this. I just can’t believe tattle readers called it out months ago 😮 I had no idea until her post the other day!

Reactions: 16
I feel that Liv checked out of the relationship a good while ago and it’s more of a shock to Joe now that it’s actually official. It wouldn’t surprise me if Liv talked about concerns with Joe and he never really acted on them.

Of course the post Liv made about ‘going their separate ways’ is respectful to Joe and their family. I think she would be careful to never air her dirty laundry online - esp. as solicitors etc. will prob be involved.

But I do think it’s odd that either Liv or Joe blocked one another on insta (before his account was deleted). Liv no longer followed any of Joe's accounts, all traces of her interacting with them had vanished - No likes, comments or tags of her on his instas. If it was a mutual decision and they both were accepting of the fact that their relationship had run its course blocking seems a bit weird.

Then Joe deleted/deactivated his personal insta yesterday morning - did it take Liv telling him that she was going to mention it on insta for the reality to sink in for him? (actually made me wonder if he reads on here as he deleted insta a short while after comments were made about him - prob a long shot, lol)

Reactions: 11
You really never know what happens behind closed doors. My own sibling had a seemingly happy marriage but were filing divorce papers barely a year after a great family party. No one saw it coming.

I think it’s unlikely a third party was involved. I get the impression Joe was an unhappy person - as others pointed out he always seemed to be grumpy and miserable- and perhaps that came into play? Coupled with the fact they had been together as teenagers, the pressures of a baby, it may have just been too much. I’m happy she’s kept the house though.
Nah, my money’s on another person and I get it was Joe.

• Wow
Her ring finger was hidden in her posts for much of April this year, but come May she was almost flaunting the missing ring.

The '21 lessons I learnt in 2021' blog post is foretelling actually. She even mentions 2021 being 'heart-breakingly challenging' with further mention of 'loss and carrying on when the going gets tough' - which could mean a number of things, but maybe what we are seeing now had happened in 2021 or before…

No. 21 1/2 on the list stood out to me the most. Although, many of the lessons listed had hints of big changes she was facing.

In 2021 Liv also seemed to take initiative and over come some anxieties, like driving, and become less co-dependent on Joe.

I’m currently working offshore so have a lot of time on my hands - I swear I’m not usually this nosy, lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've never followed Liv but just looked as she was mentioned on the Hannah Gale thread. She seems like a sweet person from glancing through her IG. I just googled her wedding pics though and there is an odd vibe - they don't look like a couple in love. She looks way more comfortable with her friends.

Reactions: 3

But I do think it’s odd that either Liv or Joe blocked one another on insta (before his account was deleted). Liv no longer followed any of Joe's accounts, all traces of her interacting with them had vanished - No likes, comments or tags of her on his instas. If it was a mutual decision and they both were accepting of the fact that their relationship had run its course blocking seems a bit weird.
I co-parent with my ex amicably, but when we spilt I unfollowed on everything and deleted all photos with him/removed mentions.
Even with a child, social media is so invasive so I would guess that seeing Joe’s posts/stories is not helping at this time. Almost 4 years later, I still don’t follow my ex but he watches my stories and it makes me feel like I have to censor my IG. If I knew he would react reasonably, I would block him without a seconds hesitation.

Liv’s situation is a lot more nuanced than mine, a mere pleb on IG. She’s made a living publishing her life online, so to rescind that access now needed to be addressed. I think she’s handled it well and don’t feel comfortable speculating, but wish her the best. I’ve been a single mum since my child was born, it’s definitely hard but better than being unhappy in a relationship.

Aw her post- she is lovely and I wish her the best. She has a great support network of family and good friends around her and she will get through this.

I wonder why he would delete his Instagram entirely, it seems a bit extreme? Though I don’t know how often he used it or anything.

Aw her post- she is lovely and I wish her the best. She has a great support network of family and good friends around her and she will get through this.

I wonder why he would delete his Instagram entirely, it seems a bit extreme? Though I don’t know how often he used it or anything.
She doesn't seem like the type to have crazy die hard fans, but maybe he's deleted it so he doesn't have to deal with any messages. I thought he used it for work, photography stuff, but I know he had a few different profiles. I always got the impression that he wanted in on the influencer game but it didn't take off.

Speculation as always, of course.

Maybe seeing her put it out into the world makes it feel quite final for him and he's decided to duck out of that world for a bit. I would probably take a long social media break in such circumstances - I guess Liv doesn't really have the luxury of doing that for an extended period.