Liv Purvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just came here after seeing her post as I was shocked but you guys have been in it for months (tattle is always ahead!) It definitely seems like a spilt announcement if you read between the lines and I did notice too that she didn’t mention getting married as one of her milestones shared. I was taping through her stories the other day and saw her friend helping her paint her sitting room which I thought was weird. And yeah they also aren’t following each other anymore. Sad. They were a very cute couple and seemed to have the dream life most people would crave. It goes to show that you never know.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I wonder if they’ve blocked each other as Liv had liked Joe’s most recent post of his sister and her husband, but it’s not saying she’s liked it anymore.

Reactions: 6
He has also deleted/archived his post of Liv for Valentine’s Day :(

I hope they are both doing well. A divorce/separation is horrible for anyone let alone them two who have been together since they were in their late teens right?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She actually seemed to be doing really well in early summer, like not even fake IG happy but really having a nice time with friends and herself, but around late summer I noticed a change and even though she’s kept a cheerful tone I could tell she’s been feeling down or something.

I did notice that in her list of things she’s shared she couldn’t even say ‘got married’, not even before having her baby, sheesh.

Reactions: 9
I feel like early summer was her having her 'so what if I'm single, it's fine' phase and now the reality is sinking in for her.

It would also not surprise me if they naively thought they would have a calm, mature divorce where they focus on co-parenting and accepting some relationships aren’t meant to last, blah blah blah. But someone has put a foot wrong (usually a financial overstep, hiring an aggressive lawyer, one of them has shagged a mutual friend) and it’s all gone tits up. Often the way it goes sadly.

Reactions: 17
She actually seemed to be doing really well in early summer, like not even fake IG happy but really having a nice time with friends and herself, but around late summer I noticed a change and even though she’s kept a cheerful tone I could tell she’s been feeling down or something.

I did notice that in her list of things she’s shared she couldn’t even say ‘got married’, not even before having her baby, sheesh.
I am terribly nosy and wonder what happened. Liv seems so lovely.
A baby can certainly make or break a relationship. I hope she is okay.

I looked at her ig and see they had a wedding hashtag (togalvintohold) which Liv is still following. She also follows another one (galvinsjustwannahavefun). Ouch. That would be hard to unfollow.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if maybe there was some hope for a reconciliation but he’s met someone else or as a previous poster has said, things have got nasty as to who gets what financially. She definitely seems to be in the phase of putting her stamp on the house and making it her own space.

He has also deleted/archived his post of Liv for Valentine’s Day :(

I hope they are both doing well. A divorce/separation is horrible for anyone let alone them two who have been together since they were in their late teens right?
Yes I noticed that, and he’s changed his profile pic from the one of them both on their wedding day to one of just him. I’m so sad for them! Did not see it coming (until reading the speculation on here) 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh man, for some reason I was hoping they would figure things out and reconcile. I hope they're all happier this way anyway.

• Heart
Liv was the first blogger I ever followed, I used to show my Mum her posts. Very sad for her. Never sure of Joe's vibe. His fb profile picture and cover photo are still of them both.

Reactions: 7
Liv is the only influencer I pay any attention to nowadays. She is still able to capture some of that charm from the OG blogger days, which I have a bit of nostalgia for.

I used to watch her youtube when she was active there and I agree with another poster here about Joe’s vibe being off. In many of the videos it’s obvious Liv is a people pleaser and generally puts a positive spin on things, whereas Joe was huffy, attention seeking, and seemed to make passive condescending remarks to liv all the time and dim her light a bit. I remember thinking she deserved a lot better at the time.

But then again youtube was only a small snippet into their life and may not have painted much of a picture. Although, it did strike me odd that Joe would present himself in such a way in front of the camera - made me wonder if that’s how he came across when being somewhat self-aware I wouldn’t like to be around him IRL.

Reactions: 22
Tried searching for his account and think he’s deleted it! Probably in light of the post liv made yesterday {just catching up on this thread after seeing it!}

• Wow
Reactions: 12
On her Postcards from Paris blog post she wrote about being on the brink of a 'big ol' heart to heart', so I think she feels she needs to write about the split sometime soon... 💔

Attachments

Reactions: 11
Liv is the only influencer I pay any attention to nowadays. She is still able to capture some of that charm from the OG blogger days, which I have a bit of nostalgia for.

I used to watch her youtube when she was active there and I agree with another poster here about Joe’s vibe being off. In many of the videos it’s obvious Liv is a people pleaser and generally puts a positive spin on things, whereas Joe was huffy, attention seeking, and seemed to make passive condescending remarks to liv all the time and dim her light a bit. I remember thinking she deserved a lot better at the time.

But then again youtube was only a small snippet into their life and may not have painted much of a picture. Although, it did strike me odd that Joe would present himself in such a way in front of the camera - made me wonder if that’s how he came across when being somewhat self-aware I wouldn’t like to be around him IRL.
BIB: I thought the same. I remember him being like that in some videos, and I can't remember what exactly it was now, but I recall Liv showing a IG Story video of their Christmas Day (in lockdown) and he made a barbed comment/joke with a jibe towards her which took me aback a bit, I thought it was quite nasty.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I do feel really sad for her. It's got to be hard losing your partner of that many years, especially when there's a kid involved now.