Liv Purvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they’ve definitely separated. She didn’t mention his birthday and his family posted video montages and she’s not in any of the clips, just arlo and family members. She mentioned him so much that’s it’s very obvious now she’s not. She talks about dinner for her and arlo, and I do think she drops the odd intentional hint here and there. Hope they’re both doing ok! As someone else said, they’d been together since GCSEs, that’s a long time! Lots of growing up between then and now. I believe she’s a bridesmaid in his sisters wedding, which would have been arranged before they broke up I imagine, so it’s good they’re staying on good terms for arlo. But I think now it’s quite obvious they’ve separated. Perhaps she’ll mention it, perhaps she’ll just assume we’ve all guessed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think they’ve definitely separated. She didn’t mention his birthday and his family posted video montages and she’s not in any of the clips, just arlo and family members. She mentioned him so much that’s it’s very obvious now she’s not. She talks about dinner for her and arlo, and I do think she drops the odd intentional hint here and there. Hope they’re both doing ok! As someone else said, they’d been together since GCSEs, that’s a long time! Lots of growing up between then and now. I believe she’s a bridesmaid in his sisters wedding, which would have been arranged before they broke up I imagine, so it’s good they’re staying on good terms for arlo. But I think now it’s quite obvious they’ve separated. Perhaps she’ll mention it, perhaps she’ll just assume we’ve all guessed.
I am glad she gets on well with Joe’s family but as a follower of almost 10 years it’s like a griefing process. They have been together for ever ! It’s sad how it has ended but You either grow together or grow apart. It must be really difficult.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Yeah they have definitely split up. Liv acts like a single mother day-to-day, and she isn’t really trying to hide it either.
I know this wouldn’t feel relevant to her now, but she’s still very young, vibrant, and a warm, engaging, bright woman and I think she should ‘enjoy’ a few single years and then she can easily fall in love, this time as an adult woman with someone really suited to her and even have more children if she wants to. I imagine this is a crazy time for her to even contemplate that sort of thing, but she seems to be staying strong and seeing friends and building a nice life for herself and her baby, and I feel this could all work out for her for the better.

No offence intended to anyone with a similar story as there are always exceptions, but I do find it odd to stay with someone you met SO young, since really you’re basically children, and so you stay with someone you were into at that age… idk.

Reactions: 17
I can’t imagine how difficult the wedding was for her. Hats off for 1. getting through it 2. doing so with grace

I can see her eventually writing a book about this chapter in her life, it will be an interesting read.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah I think that too, a family wedding would be very difficult. She looked fab and seems like she got through the day! strange time for them all.
Yeah I agree she acts like a single mum, and is quite open about it. You can tell the days that arlo is with his dad! So looks like they’re co parenting well!

Reactions: 8
I feel truely rude and nosey! But wanting to know Liv is ok… she mentions her health as well. I hope liv doesn't read this and if she does I think she needs to know her followers care for her. It’s weird how I find her so human and normal compared to most of the the people I have followed on instagram for many many years.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she’d be surprised at peoples curiosity tbh. I’m not a fan of the well she chose to put herself in the public eye, so people can say whatever they want narrative, but ultimately as fans of hers, we’re going to pick things like this up. So natural to be curious. I also feel like she has made it quite obvious, without actually coming out and telling us. She has to respect the father of her child too, so there’s only so much she could say publicly really. Obliviously all is not always how it looks on social media, but it does look like she has a great support network, and is doing her best to make it work for herself and arlo.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Came here to see if anyone had mentioned Liv and Joe splitting up because I noticed his absence and her lack or rings. I remember at the time she got married if felt like all the influencers around my age were getting engaged, married, pregnant, etc, but I've noticed that a few seemed to split not long after.

I don't know if anyone follows Kim Turkington (Love Cloth – friends with Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland), but she seems to have stopped wearing her rings and mentioning her husband, too. Not sure if she ever announced anything though. I can't help but think of all the money spent on those gorgeous weddings!

Reactions: 8
Came here to see if anyone had mentioned Liv and Joe splitting up because I noticed his absence and her lack or rings. I remember at the time she got married if felt like all the influencers around my age were getting engaged, married, pregnant, etc, but I've noticed that a few seemed to split not long after.

I don't know if anyone follows Kim Turkington (Love Cloth – friends with Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland), but she seems to have stopped wearing her rings and mentioning her husband, too. Not sure if she ever announced anything though. I can't help but think of all the money spent on those gorgeous weddings!
Liv posted about her wedding SO MUCH afterwards too, I found it a bit irritating. Makes you wonder now if she was overcompensating a bit. I guess it was a while ago now though so maybe things just changed over time.

Reactions: 3
I honestly think if they have split up, it's probably from the impact of having a child on their relationship. It all seemed smooth sailing after their marriage.

Reactions: 5
I honestly think if they have split up, it's probably from the impact of having a child on their relationship. It all seemed smooth sailing after their marriage.
I wouldn't be surprised, some people have no idea how much their lives will change after having a baby.

I think on some level our generation craves the milestones that our parents had such as buying a house, the big white wedding, having a baby before you're 30, etc. Sometimes I don't think people stop to think whether they really *want* all those things themselves, or if it's just something they always assumed would happen.

Reactions: 15
I wouldn't be surprised, some people have no idea how much their lives will change after having a baby.

I think on some level our generation craves the milestones that our parents had such as buying a house, the big white wedding, having a baby before you're 30, etc. Sometimes I don't think people stop to think whether they really *want* all those things themselves, or if it's just something they always assumed would happen.
Very true. However, I know people who partied in their twenties. Now settled down with kids in their 30s. It’s actually really nice to people can grow too.

Reactions: 1
I am just shocked - and I don't even know them! It's just that their wedding was such a fairytale wedding - remember being a bit jealous.

Hate myself for being so nosey - but yeah, looks like she went to that wedding in August alone- he is not in a pics.

Reactions: 3
Hate myself for being so nosey - but yeah, looks like she went to that wedding in August alone- he is not in a pics.
The thing is it's Joe's sister's wedding, and Joe photographed at least part of the night for them. The absence of Joe in photos and her in his photos seems incredibly obvious.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
If all this talk of a separation is true, then I have to say I completely missed it. I just had a look through Liv's IG and still didn't pick up on it. I guess I don't follow Liv all that closely even though I have known of her/read her blog for years. If they have split, then I feel it might have been a sudden split rather than a more gradual thing. They went on holiday to the US a few months back where Liv seemed happy and spoke of their 'first family holiday' etc. There was certainly no sign that anything was amiss on that holiday, but then I noticed from looking through her IG just now that it was soon after that she stopped wearing her wedding ring. It seems strange to split up just after a (seemingly happy) family holiday.I wonder what went down? I expect we'll never know. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a gradual thing - it is difficult to tell just from IG.

Reactions: 9
If all this talk of a separation is true, then I have to say I completely missed it. I just had a look through Liv's IG and still didn't pick up on it. I guess I don't follow Liv all that closely even though I have known of her/read her blog for years. If they have split, then I feel it might have been a sudden split rather than a more gradual thing. They went on holiday to the US a few months back where Liv seemed happy and spoke of their 'first family holiday' etc. There was certainly no sign that anything was amiss on that holiday, but then I noticed from looking through her IG just now that it was soon after that she stopped wearing her wedding ring. It seems strange to split up just after a (seemingly happy) family holiday.I wonder what went down? I expect we'll never know. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a gradual thing - it is difficult to tell just from IG.
Yeah they seemed so perfect! Just shows how you can never tell on IG, a few couples I know who always seemed the happiest based on social media split up recently and it came out that there was a lot of drama/unhappiness behind the scenes.

I hope she's OK. She makes me cringe a bit with how she trys to portray the "I'm so awkward and uncool" thing so hard lol, but I do really like following her and she seems really sweet.

Reactions: 5
Sometimes when things are planned far in advance with lots of family involved, like the trip to America (for her cousins wedding I think it was?) that can be a sort of bookend for a long term relationship. Like ‘we need to keep things outwardly ok to get through the trip’ type thing. And if they were on ok terms, but accepting they were going to separate, let’s face it a holiday with two parents is easier than one, even if other family members are on hand to help. Especially if no one’s done anything wrong, just one of those of things, and if both still get on well with each other’s families.
Sometimes, with long term breakups, it can happen so slowly like drifting and then quickly. Throw in a family wedding overseas, flights, hotels etc booked maybe a year in advance and I don’t think the holiday means they were necessarily together together at that point, just maybe that they were both able to put stuff aside and go and be a family unit with their son.

I’m sure it’s not all gwyneth style ‘conscious uncoupling’ sunshine & roses - it never is - but they are keeping it respectful & mature (as far as it appears). You really just never know.

Reactions: 4