Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whodoithinkiam

Temple street is an absolute joke of a hospital. We were left waiting for countless hours on hard plastic chairs. My son needed a bed and was left sleeping on a chair. He was five and was having a bad asthma episode. She’s not wrong for leaving.
I’m sorry to hear about your son having a difficult time and I hope he is doing much better now 🤞💙 but do you mind if I ask you what reason do you think you were left waiting for so long ?
I can tell you with 100% absolute certainty that you were waiting because the doctors and nurses were busy dealing with other children at that time . I can assure you that doctors and nurses were not sitting around chatting or drinking tea while your child or any child sat waiting in pain . To say the hospital is a joke is very disrespectful to the hard working doctors and nurses and staff that work there and that are doing their absolute best with the resources they have available to them at that time . If anyone is to be blamed here maybe direct it towards the government and HSE who desperately need to employee thousands more nurses and consultants to ease the pressures in our hospital system especially the children’s hospitals . I apologise for getting defensive but my brother works in temple street and I can promise you that every doctor and every nurse and every staff member there is ALWAYS giving 110% , they are worked to the bone and seriously undervalued and overworked and this stage they are honestly at the brink of exhaustion . I’m sure I speak for every doctor and nurse and hospital staff in the country when I made that last statement , also while I’m on the subject of exhaustion and undervalued it’s not just healthcare workers but all the fabulous staff in shops , supermarkets , chemists etc everyone of us has played our part over the last year or so , and when I see people criticise it drives me mad 🤦🏻‍♀️ Rant over 🤣 and my apologies for the rant and for being defensive xx

• Heart
Reactions: 76

carbrad31

Nikki needs to read this as she still doesnt quite get it:

I'm fully vaccinated and, no, I don't know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or hot dogs, or other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, polio, chickenpox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of the said diseases and,
I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To see and hug my family and friends
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

AhSureGoOnThen

Temple street is an absolute joke of a hospital. We were left waiting for countless hours on hard plastic chairs. My son needed a bed and was left sleeping on a chair. He was five and was having a bad asthma episode. She’s not wrong for leaving.
All patients are seen in the level of urgency. It's shit waiting around for ages but at the end of the day you're only left waiting because there is more seriously ill kids there. We have been regulars for years and the only time we were left waiting when we felt we should have been seen faster was because they were fighting to save a child's life in resus. That child unfortunately didn't make it, only 2 days before Christmas too. Those doctors and nurses went back to then helping all the other sick kids.
Just something to bear in mind when in A&E. I'll never forget the sound of that poor mothers screams, it will be permanently in my brain I'd say 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

Parallel_Universe

Because people like Nikki are blocking up the system. I think saying it is “a joke of a hospital” is very disrespectful to the dedicated staff who work there and the patients who attend - it is a hospital with a very good track record and people who attend regularly with very sick kids sing it’s praises. People who just occasionally attend ED are usually the ones who moan.

Reactions: 48

carbrad31

The vaccines do not work… hence why they are trying to do booster’s now. This isn’t about our lovely caring government trying to keep us safe from a virus that’s basically like the flu for 99 percent of the people it’s about control. We can’t go blaming unvaccinated either when we are back in another lockdown, when unvaccinated aren’t allowed into pubs, clubs ect . WAKE UP or I guess be first in line to vaccinate your kids in the coming weeks. Anyone that thinks segregation is okay needs help . Look back on history please. This all isn’t going to end easily and soon even the vaccinated will be locked up again under the vise and of safety
You are a gobshit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Dusty2020

VIP Member
Seriously? Will you listen to yourselves. The French protesting on the streets, Italians publicly burning their vax passes, Russians boycotting anywhere that requests medical info until the government had to abandon the idea.
But the good old Irish are just lining up to tell-tattle. No wonder the Brits had us under the thumb for all that time. 🙄
Gobshite 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Sleep_deprived

VIP Member
Seriously? Will you listen to yourselves. The French protesting on the streets, Italians publicly burning their vax passes, Russians boycotting anywhere that requests medical info until the government had to abandon the idea.
But the good old Irish are just lining up to tell-tattle. No wonder the Brits had us under the thumb for all that time. 🙄
Would you ever get a grip! So all of us that lost relatives in such a horrible way the past year and a half should just forget that and not want to protect the ones we have left?
Also which one of the Fitzpatrick’s are you? Get back in your box and keep reading those conspiracies.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Emilee86

Chatty Member

Lost a girl I knew this week 35 year old mother of 3. She delivered her wee girl whilst dying never got to meet her daughter she died from covid..... tell her family it was just the "flu"

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Mybiscoff

I’m glad sweet king sent her the American box cos it’s legit the closest she’s going to get to the States for the foreseeable 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Polkadotz

Chatty Member
I think if nurse doesn't want to get vaccinated it's their choice and probably something they have thought about considerably. There could be any number of reasons why they choose not to get it, maybe they saw someone with a bad reaction and they feel they are young and healthy enough to handle covid, maybe they have had covid and are going with natural immunity, maybe they want to have kids in the near future and want to hold off on the vaccine for now.... They have been working on the frontline throughout this with no vaccine and have survived. Nothing to do with science, we can all see vaccines help to reduce your chance of severe illness and death if you are likely to suffer this from covid in the first place i.e. have underlying conditions or are older, if a nurse chooses not to get this vaccine, we should respect their choice
Nikki is not sharing it for those teasons
She's sharing it because she's a nut. And I respectfully disagree with you. I think it should be mandated for medical staff. She's sharing it to try and justify her behaviour. And I can say nikki, I knew your Mum she'd be disgusted with your behaviour too.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Letshavealuck

I think it’s pretty bad to put down temple street. As mentioned before I’m a health worker and also a mother of a three children.

you are triaged in temple street and seen in order of priority. If you are left waiting it is because your child is not as sick as others. You should be thankful for that.

Not nice for your child to have Asthma but your child would if had temp, BP and oxygen checked at triage and they were obviously ok. otherwise your child would be in resus or in a bed.

I feel the comment of from a Nikki camp member as it’s so ridiculous !

Also no wonder Nikki was left waiting. Her child had a temp and not a serious condition. Calpol and neurophen on rotation was what was needed for a stubborn temp, not hospital intervention. Nikki is a twit, not very bright, trying to be different with a mix of following Instagrammers and copying everything and then trying in any way to also be different #failyourboring !

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Polkadotz

Chatty Member
RECAAAAAAAP

Still a bully.
thinks she knows everything.
Won't get any vaccine thank you very much she prefers flowery water
Will take painkillers herself but won't give any to the baby when he had a temperature high enough to end up in A&E
Loves to think she's being discriminated against
Still a headmelter
Fucked off to Portugal for six weeks with her thermomix and her flash mop in order to provide the Most Boring content ever witnessed
Still a beggar
Now she's home unfortunately and her content is bags of dirty washing and licking Mark Fennells hole

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Cathq

Can I ask have you had covid for you to say it's basically like a flu
Jennymac so true, I work in HSE saw it 1st hand and watched my father die from covid also... vaccine does not prevent you from getting covid, but will prevent you ending up in ICU or dieing, everyone has an opinion but f*ck me I'm well sick of listening to sh*te talk, and people who know it all

Reactions: 23

Polkadotz

Chatty Member
NIKKI WHELAN you u fucking disgust me. Those nurses who don't believe in science shouldn't be working anymore. If the science was good enough to get you in to a job then it's good enough to show you how vaccines work. If you don't believe the science you shouldn't be a nurse. You are an immoral piece of shit. It was good enough to give you TWO EXTRA YEARS with your mother. It was good enough to bring your baby to hospital when you wouldn't give him any fucking calpol. You disgust me. I have never in my life been so livid with a vlogger as I am with you. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU. I swear to god karma is gonna come and kick you in the face. You disgusting excuse for a woman.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22